This game has been Greenlit by the Community!

The community has shown their interest in this game. Valve has reached out to this developer to start moving things toward release on Steam.

Fortress Forever
Butane Boss Sep 2, 2013 @ 10:08am
IF YOU BELIEVE THAT THIS IS A RIPOFF OF TF2...
...then you are a person who easily judges something you don't know much about.
This came out before TF2 and is a REINCARNATION of TF/TFC, NOT A RIPOFF OF TF2 AND NOTHING TO DO WITH TF2; IT IS NOT A FINAL COMBAT THING.

BTW, if you think that there are hats in this game,
THERE ARE NO HATS IN HERE BECAUSE THERE WERE NO HATS IN TF/TFC.
THERE ARE NO HATS IN HERE BECAUSE THERE WERE NO HATS IN TF/TFC.
THERE ARE NO HATS IN HERE BECAUSE THERE WERE NO HATS IN TF/TFC.
THERE ARE NO HATS IN HERE BECAUSE THERE WERE NO HATS IN TF/TFC.
THERE ARE NO HATS IN HERE BECAUSE THERE WERE NO HATS IN TF/TFC.
THERE ARE NO HATS IN HERE BECAUSE THERE WERE NO HATS IN TF/TFC.
THERE ARE NO HATS IN HERE BECAUSE THERE WERE NO HATS IN TF/TFC.
THERE ARE NO HATS IN HERE BECAUSE THERE WERE NO HATS IN TF/TFC.
THERE ARE NO HATS IN HERE BECAUSE THERE WERE NO HATS IN TF/TFC.
Just in case you didn't know.

It is free (no DLC) and I urge people to give it a try. There are a few things in FF that TF2 doesn't have.
In short, play both but don't criticise something that may actually turn out to be good.
Last edited by Butane Boss; Sep 26, 2013 @ 7:28am
Showing 1-15 of 119 comments
< >
[FaZin' It] EarthCrash Sep 2, 2013 @ 11:56am 
TF2 fans are idiots, most think that TF2's the only TF game....
A player69™ kek Sep 4, 2013 @ 7:34am 
Originally posted by EarthCrash:
TF2 fans are idiots, most think that TF2's the only TF game....

TF2 fans aren't idiots

Anyway, some people call FF a rip off of TF2 because that's how they hate games. Lmao.
[FaZin' It] EarthCrash Sep 4, 2013 @ 11:57am 
Originally posted by DR ๖ۣۜAplayer69™:
TF2 fans aren't idiots
I know, I'm one :)
Butane Boss Sep 4, 2013 @ 1:16pm 
Originally posted by EarthCrash:
TF2 fans are idiots, most think that TF2's the only TF game....
I am a fan of TF2, but I feel that FF had been poorly judged.
Bovine Sep 7, 2013 @ 12:31pm 
Originally posted by EarthCrash:
TF2 fans are idiots, most think that TF2's the only TF game....
TFC was an ok and tf2 is a great game but ff is amazing.
[FaZin' It] EarthCrash Sep 7, 2013 @ 12:34pm 
FF's great except The Spy's invisibility with the tranq...
Gizmoduck Sep 11, 2013 @ 4:26pm 
Great remake of TFC, TF2 is for kids - TFC was for men. Hell i still go back and play TFC because it is so much fun - i remember when i heard about tf2 and was stoked, then i played it and wanted to vomit at how it was not like TFC at all.

FF is a solid remake and when it was being developed a lot of people from the TFC had input into it. The spy is a bit wonky but other than that everything is on point, even the bruce willis soldier.
Butane Boss Sep 12, 2013 @ 1:19pm 
Originally posted by ROLL TIDE Gizmoduck:
Great remake of TFC, TF2 is for kids - TFC was for men. Hell i still go back and play TFC because it is so much fun - i remember when i heard about tf2 and was stoked, then i played it and wanted to vomit at how it was not like TFC at all.

FF is a solid remake and when it was being developed a lot of people from the TFC had input into it. The spy is a bit wonky but other than that everything is on point, even the bruce willis soldier.
TF2 was made for teens/adults but kids play anyway.
Freakshow.neo Sep 13, 2013 @ 1:19am 
Originally posted by EarthCrash:
TF2 fans are idiots, most think that TF2's the only TF game....

Exactly. It was valves answer for leaving us old TFC fans hanging for so long. And it's a fail, to me. FF, in this case, is like TFC merged into Source. I've played this mod for YEARS, and it came out long before TF2. THIS is what the fans wanted compared to TF2. Even though Valve had promised a COMPLETELY different TF2 many years ago. COMPLETELY different. It was so much more "real"... they were going to use soldier looking characters and FORCE teammates to work together to win.

Then came the disasterpiece called TF2.
[ZMBR] Gemini Saga Sep 21, 2013 @ 7:16pm 
It could be called "Team Fortress Classic: Source". TFC is more fast paced.
Stickynote Sep 25, 2013 @ 11:16am 
Originally posted by Freakshow.neo:
Originally posted by EarthCrash:
TF2 fans are idiots, most think that TF2's the only TF game....

Exactly. It was valves answer for leaving us old TFC fans hanging for so long. And it's a fail, to me. FF, in this case, is like TFC merged into Source. I've played this mod for YEARS, and it came out long before TF2. THIS is what the fans wanted compared to TF2. Even though Valve had promised a COMPLETELY different TF2 many years ago. COMPLETELY different. It was so much more "real"... they were going to use soldier looking characters and FORCE teammates to work together to win.

Then came the disasterpiece called TF2.
not exactly a disaster
since it was rated best fps. ever.
well.... the community are sometimes ♥♥♥♥♥ :3
[FaZin' It] EarthCrash Sep 25, 2013 @ 4:30pm 
Originally posted by Pavel Morozov:
not exactly a disaster
since it was rated best fps. ever.
well.... the community are sometimes ♥♥♥♥♥ :3
Keep in mind that both games play so differently to each other that there will always be TFC fans who doesn't like how TF2 is and vice versa....
Freakshow.neo Sep 26, 2013 @ 7:02am 
Originally posted by Pavel Morozov:
not exactly a disaster
since it was rated best fps. ever.
well.... the community are sometimes ♥♥♥♥♥ :3

Oh it was rated the best FPS ever? I think I hear that EVERY YEAR about a different game.

Yes, EarthCrash, they are too different. I just couldn't believe that with all the technology and hardware around, they came out with an HDR cartoon game. I mean, most of you guys are OBVIOUSLY too young, but just so you know, WE, the original TFC gamers from the days it ruled the net, waited and waited and WAITED on TF2. We were shown screenshots and given descriptions of how it would be, etc.

Then, they went against everything they told us and released the infamous TF2. They went a silly, cartoon, kiddy way with it. Ruined it. But, more kids play games than adults, so strategically they did what was best for them.
Butane Boss Sep 26, 2013 @ 7:11am 
Originally posted by Freakshow.neo:
Originally posted by Pavel Morozov:
not exactly a disaster
since it was rated best fps. ever.
well.... the community are sometimes ♥♥♥♥♥ :3

Oh it was rated the best FPS ever? I think I hear that EVERY YEAR about a different game.

Yes, EarthCrash, they are too different. I just couldn't believe that with all the technology and hardware around, they came out with an HDR cartoon game. I mean, most of you guys are OBVIOUSLY too young, but just so you know, WE, the original TFC gamers from the days it ruled the net, waited and waited and WAITED on TF2. We were shown screenshots and given descriptions of how it would be, etc.

Then, they went against everything they told us and released the infamous TF2. They went a silly, cartoon, kiddy way with it. Ruined it. But, more kids play games than adults, so strategically they did what was best for them.
It was cartoony to fit the art style of the time period which TF2 is set, not to appeal to children (despite many children play it, I agree). I don't see why TF2 is "infamous" but I respect your opinion, nonetheless.
The 'Brotherhood of Arms' TF2 was supposed to be realistic, but as it said in the developer commentry, there is no way two real-life armies would have identical bases right next door to each other.
Casket The Clown Oct 8, 2013 @ 9:08am 
How many of the people here actually played the first Team Fortress?
Showing 1-15 of 119 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50