-Helms Deep- Reborn
squirrat 25 Μαρ, 2013 @ 6:06μμ
Does Helms Deep Reborn work for anybody on Mac?
I subscribed to this workshop, but can't play on Mac OS
Εμφάνιση 1-15 από 16 σχόλια
< >
SeriouS_Samurai  [δημιουργός] 27 Μαρ, 2013 @ 11:43πμ 
You have to be a bit more specific than that. In the main menu if you click addons does the mod appear in the list? Helm's Deep Reborn is survival mode, perhaps you were trying to start it in campaign/singleplayer mode (in that case it will be grayed out). Do you get any error messages? Crash to desktop? Stuck in loading screen?
squirrat 28 Μαρ, 2013 @ 4:30μμ 
Hi: I deleted Steam and all dependent folders, then reinstalled the steam & L4D2 game. I'm definitely subscribed to Helms Deep and it downloaded. Still asking me to download the add on even though it is installed. When I click download add on it launches a browser and goes to http://serioussamurai.webs.com/downloads. So even though it is in my installed add on list, Steam thinks it's not installed. Thanks for replies.
squirrat 28 Μαρ, 2013 @ 4:32μμ 
Also, I can't play Kokiri Forest or Urban Flight, so it's not just Helms Deep.
SeriouS_Samurai  [δημιουργός] 29 Μαρ, 2013 @ 11:54μμ 
I can think of 2 reasons why it would do that:

1) After you've subscribed to an item in the Steam Workshop for L4D2, and when you have successfully downloaded and installed the item, and when you start the game L4D2, it takes a while for the item to load in-game.
For me it takes atleast 10+ seconds for all items to load and appear in the addons list in the menu, and the more items you subscribe to the longer it seems to take to load the items, atleast for me. You need to wait for all items to properly load (a L4D logo appears in the main menu with blood spinning around it indicating that some items from the Steam Workshop are still loading).

2) Or, you were trying to join a server that was hosting an old version of Helm's Deep Reborn (and that's why you were sent to my website - and to be a bit nitpicky you have slightly miswritten the link to the website).
Τελευταία επεξεργασία από SeriouS_Samurai; 1 Απρ, 2013 @ 3:16μμ
✰Waffle✰ 1 Απρ, 2013 @ 12:07μμ 
works just fine for me. the sword and shield melee weapon is sometimes a giant ERROR though
SeriouS_Samurai  [δημιουργός] 1 Απρ, 2013 @ 2:26μμ 
@ ✰Waffle✰
A giant error in the map is most likely due to another vpk causing conflict. How to fix: Disable all vpks except Helm's Deep Reborn (start L4D2 and in the main menu click "addons" to find the list of installed vpks, uncheck all vpks except Helm's Deep Reborn), then test the map, enable 1 more vpk, test the map, enable 1 more vpk... and so on until you find which vpk that is causing the giant error.
David Bowie's Drugs 7 Απρ, 2013 @ 6:37μμ 
My friend has a similar problem. He has Mac Mountain Lion. He downloads the map (the newest version), he waits until the loading is finished (in the game menu), the map shows up in the addons list, everything seems fine but still - he can't play it. He can neither create a Survivor server with this map on nor play on a server created by me (I have WinXP and the map works just fine). The hell is going on? I think there is something about this map that Mac does not like and that "something" is the source of the problem for Mac users. Are there any possible solutions for this?
SeriouS_Samurai  [δημιουργός] 9 Απρ, 2013 @ 8:38μμ 
@ Dr. Baldur von Totenkopf
Have you tried any other mods? Subscribe to 10-15 mods, and then test them all to see if any of them actually work.
David Bowie's Drugs 10 Απρ, 2013 @ 5:48πμ 
Ha, funny you say that, cause just yesterday we decided to try other maps. The results were all the same - they would not work for my friend. Downloading was always successful, the map would show up in the addons menu but still he could not play it. We downloaded Nacht der Untoten remake V2, CoD WaW Zombie Verruckt Map and Diescraper Redux. Should we try more mods or that's enough?
David Bowie's Drugs 10 Απρ, 2013 @ 9:03πμ 
ok, here are the tech details:
OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.2
Macbook pro (2010 mid) MC372LL/A 3 MB cache 2.53 i5 (2 cores) 8gb ram, NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M and Intel HD Graphics (256mb)
McFluffyKid 2 Μαϊ, 2013 @ 3:41πμ 
Hi there,
I have installed the map and it does appear on the main menu (add-ons) but it saids I didn't instal the any add-on map when I'm trying to create a game lobby. Why is that?
SeriouS_Samurai  [δημιουργός] 3 Μαϊ, 2013 @ 5:01πμ 
@ tiffany_ty
You need to choose survival in the main menu if you want to play Helm's Deep Reborn, seen in this screenshot:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=132847969
Τελευταία επεξεργασία από SeriouS_Samurai; 3 Μαϊ, 2013 @ 9:00πμ
Jay2012 16 Μαϊ, 2013 @ 10:13μμ 
=.=
The Kraken 27 Ιουλ, 2013 @ 2:12πμ 
What does VPK mean?
Ñùķà Ćôļà 22 Δεκ, 2013 @ 4:32πμ 
works fine for me!
Εμφάνιση 1-15 από 16 σχόλια
< >
Ανά σελίδα: 15 30 50