Dit spel heeft groen licht gekregen van de community!

De community heeft haar interesse getoond voor dit spel. Valve heeft de ontwikkelaars benaderd om de release op Steam in gang te zetten.

Homesick
SiLiKhon 26 jan 2013 om 11:39nm
Demo please?
Should we expect a free playable demo anytime soon? ever?..
1-15 van 27 reacties weergegeven
< >
luckypause  [ontwikkelaar] 27 jan 2013 om 1:00vm 
@SiLiKhon - We want the price to be under $10; at that price point, and given the mystery in our story, it wouldn't make sense for us to put out a demo. However, if the price is between $10 and $15, we will try to have a demo at launch.
BearMilitia 27 jan 2013 om 2:47nm 
I don't know if you couldn't do one, unless in the first few minutes of the game's mystery is solved. I played the analogue hate story demo and it made me want to buy it. You don't need to make a special demo just release the first puzzle that introduces the mechanics as a demo and anyone interested but weary would be happy. But how far under $10 are you talking? $5, no problem if there is no demo just do a raw gameplay video, $9.99 just a quick "this is the tutorial" kind of demo should be fine. i'll vote yes regardless but i would also like a demo.
duncanperham 28 jan 2013 om 5:16vm 
I dont buy anything nowadays without a demo, if a company is to scraed to let you see the game before you buy it, then they have something to hide.
Fier Fec 29 jan 2013 om 11:42nm 
i agree, though if worried about story then use a training area instead maybe a demo could be more of boxed room with windows and puzzle then use it in game as a learning point for jumping and stuff...

Origineel geplaatst door BearMilitia:
I don't know if you couldn't do one, unless in the first few minutes of the game's mystery is solved. I played the analogue hate story demo and it made me want to buy it. You don't need to make a special demo just release the first puzzle that introduces the mechanics as a demo and anyone interested but weary would be happy. But how far under $10 are you talking? $5, no problem if there is no demo just do a raw gameplay video, $9.99 just a quick "this is the tutorial" kind of demo should be fine. i'll vote yes regardless but i would also like a demo.
Spagett 31 jan 2013 om 7:09vm 
You mentioned Myst in one of the trailers...a demo is necessary to prove that this is not a slew of impossible, slightly logical puzzles, like in the "Escape from the Phone Booth" flash games.
ßishmar 31 jan 2013 om 10:43vm 
hopefully your story won't be 2hours long, adn ♥♥♥♥ game won'y suck much of the ♥♥♥♥ as dear esther did.
Origineel geplaatst door luckypause:
@SiLiKhon - We want the price to be under $10; at that price point, and given the mystery in our story, it wouldn't make sense for us to put out a demo. However, if the price is between $10 and $15, we will try to have a demo at launch.
thenevernow 3 feb 2013 om 9:09vm 
Origineel geplaatst door luckypause:

Hi. The game looks promising and I upvoted it. May I ask what the connection between price point and demo availability is? Thanks!
Harmil 3 feb 2013 om 10:27vm 
thenevernow (which in my current font looks like "then eve mow"), I think the point was that if the game is less than $10, the chances are that the game will sell without a demo. If it costs more than $10, then the demo would be necessary to prompt people to buy.

Demos don't exist "just because". They cost time and resources to package and produce. If a demo is just slapped together from the base game and gives a poor impression, then it can actually hurt sales. So, with this game's funding coming from the devs' savings and a few tens of thousands of dollars on Kickstarter (which is basically nothing), I would rather that they spend their time and resources on the base game.

Then again, I'm going to fund it on Kickstarter, so I don't have to worry about whether or not I'll buy it ;-)
thenevernow 3 feb 2013 om 11:08vm 
fonts are hell, aren't they? :)

Your reply makes sense, altough I always appreciate the chance to play a demo (one great thing about XBLA, if you ask me) and I believe that depending on the nature of the game, releasing a demo can be a relatively small effort (especially if you don't need to certify it).

We'll see!
theheckler2003 5 feb 2013 om 10:47vm 
As a fan of the adventure genre, I'll probably keep an eye on your title regardless. However, I too would likely feel more comfortable with a purchase if a small demo were released. Nothing fancy is needed, just a couple rooms and a puzzle or two... a tutorial of sorts like others have suggested to get a feel for the mechanics and immersion.
m.wing 6 feb 2013 om 12:18vm 
Demo +1
Wolve 7 feb 2013 om 7:04vm 
Could the price stay at this amount of dollar? Normally Steam just sets the dollar price to Euro, what means, that the european have to pay more for the games...that sucks!
m.wing 8 feb 2013 om 4:44nm 
What about you show us 10min of (beta) gameplay as a video?
I decide to buy a game by playing the demo or watching lets plays...
Sgt.Psycho 16 feb 2013 om 8:45nm 
I guess the issue is that even with all the videos and screen captures in the world, there's nothing like being able to actually play the game. How does it run on my computer? Is the animation smooth enough? Is the response crisp and fluid? What about the UI? Does it fit in seamlessly , or get in the way? Do game elements flow naturally or feel awkward. How about the sound? Dynamic cues? Does it scale up and down to offer different levels of game performance? Does it support my hardware? Does it have customisable controls, and support various controllers?

These are all questions that can be answered in seconds or minutes in a demo, but are extremely difficult to answer otherwise.

For me, $10 is too much to gamble unless I know for certain the game performs satisfactorily. I know it's a pain for you, but there's no better way to nail that 'wow' factor than to offer a playable demo. The closest thing to playing the game, is, well, playing the game.

Good luck, and I'll be sure to check back again.
Dizzen96 1 mrt 2013 om 11:39vm 
PLAY THE GAME PLAY THE GAME PLEASE AND PLEASE BUY THE GAME BUY THE GAME.
1-15 van 27 reacties weergegeven
< >
Per pagina: 15 30 50