Сообщество дало этой игре зеленый свет!

Сообщество выразило свой интерес к этой игре. Valve связалась с ее разработчиком и начала подготовку к ее выходу в Steam.

Freedom Planet
YukoValis 21 янв, 2013 @ 12:42
soo yeah.. about the title
Do you think the title is a little bit, generic? I mean it's a nice name don't get me wrong, but you and I have some very different ideas when it comes to a 'freedom planet" just saying.
Показано 17 из 7 комментариев
< >
ck20xx 21 янв, 2013 @ 14:15 
I've always kinda wondered about the title myself. I think, however, that so far I'm the only one to remember that Planet Freedom is the setting for that one Sonic the Hedgehog OVA, which I've always wanted to create a Minecraft build of, because it would be really cool to have an adventure world where a bunch of floating continents called the Land of the Sky block all the sunlight to the planet's surface, causing Creepers and many other monsters to spawn there in the Land of Darkness, and you could travel between the two worlds via TNT-charged player launchers, and now I'm getting too far off-topic.

Lemme try again: I agree, but what's in a name, after all? I can think of far worse names, like the pokemon known as Drowzee and Hypno. What's up with that? Maybe the name "Freedom Planet" is an intentional nod too. After all, TV Tropes considers the Sonic the Hegdehog OVA to be a rare example of a good video game movie. (I'm not sure I agree, partially because the bar has been so low since forever.)

I guess it would be a good idea to change the name if the Sonic-ripoff accusations become too heated, but I don't have any problem with the game being that either. Actually, I think being a "ripoff" is a very good thing in a way. I haven't seen an excellent Sonic game since I was a kid in the 90's, so that means it's up to the fans to pick up the slack.
GalaxyTrail  [Разработчик] 21 янв, 2013 @ 14:54 
Fun fact: Freedom Planet was originally supposed to be just a codename. We had a brainstorming session and thought about renaming the game after one of the main characters, but decided it was a bad idea. A Google search yielded no significant results for "Freedom Planet", so we stuck with it. Later on, we thought about changing the name to Dragon Planet, but that sortof implies that the entire planet is inhabited by dragons when it isn't.

That being said, we could add a subtitle somewhere down the road as well.
Последний раз отредактировал GalaxyTrail; 21 янв, 2013 @ 15:00
RH' NBlast 21 янв, 2013 @ 15:30 
Title is good. I don't feel that it is too generic. It is simple and charming, like the rest of the game. Fits very well.
Последний раз отредактировал RH' NBlast; 21 янв, 2013 @ 15:30
YukoValis 21 янв, 2013 @ 18:05 
I say go with Furdom planet! but then again I'm a silly pup.
cikame 26 янв, 2013 @ 7:49 
It could be something more story related or unique, it's like if Far Cry was called Tropic Island.
cgngreenbadass007 27 янв, 2013 @ 0:28 
I don't mind the title it goes well with the game and is catchy reminds me of classic cartoons/80's action films or anime
i know vin diesel personally 21 июн, 2013 @ 18:29 
I thought Freedom Planet was a Sonic reference. I thought it was a cool tie-in to the OVA without being too obvious. Also, you know, SAGE and the Tornado. Unfortunately, the Tornado was changed.
Показано 17 из 7 комментариев
< >
На страницу: 15 30 50