This game has been Greenlit by the Community!

The community has shown their interest in this game. Valve has reached out to this developer to start moving things toward release on Steam.

ACE Online
Wiggin Feb 14, 2013 @ 10:37am
ACE Online
I've played this game since Space Cowboy Online. I know many pilots can agree with me in that the pvp is unique and almost second to none. As much as I have loved this game, I fear for the newer players who will enter pvp maps fighting lvl 8x and 9x gears with full hyper fixes and enchants. They will stand no chance.

I have played Air Rivals / Flysis, Ace Online, Ace Online Beta, even private servers. The pvp is ALWAYS incredible. Epic strategic points and All or nothing mothership raids. (imagine a game of LoL or Dota with 40 v 40 maps and no creeps)
What always drives me away (every time) is the way the game is cash shop driven. Those who have access to a flow of income will have the advantage in grinding and warring and those without will fall further behind. it becomes anti fun. I had a minimum wage job. I set aside a moderate amount per week for enchants and gambles. I'm sure others can sympathize with me.

What's antifun is when an entire form of pilots (slightly funded and all TopGuns or higher) is being camped by one single extremely funded gear. When one form of these extremely funded gears can take down a strat point or MS while the rest of the nation is 2 maps behind. I lost the will to war and join the glorious pvp because I know there's going to be those gears that will drop full defense MGears and have half the nation hitting 0's or 1's on them. It's hard enough for loyal players to deal with this. The funded gears get bored because most pilots town on sight. The unfunded players will be reluctant to war and would rather do the dull grind in safe maps in the hopes of one day being strong enough to fight.

I'm not bashing those funded players in anyway. I'm simply stating how I've seen the game progress over the long years I had been playing it. To me, Space Cowboy was the most fun and balanced times. Bark and den wars would go on for hours. Motherships were epic and required a whole nation to unite. Anyone remember those crazy Crystal Cave pushes?

I wish this game would be less pay to win. If there were a less grind intensive server with enchant caps and the only cash items were aesthetics (people love buying skins and slot armors and trails right?) and utility benefits (storage, ammo, fuel capacity etc) and a more focus emphasis on pvp, I would definitely play the hell out of that server and support it. Until then I'll be content with enjoying the great memories I have made with all the players I've met over the years.
-Belgaer , Trimus BCU: AIF / HAX/ Retro 8x MGear
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
< >
Meat_Grinder Feb 14, 2013 @ 6:57pm 
I would have paid for this game, so that the bugs would be fixed and item shop taken out. Unfortunately the owners chose to make it "free to play", but it was already unbearably boring grind by the time you travel to the moon. Glad to have dropped this game before donators came and spoiled the experience completely.

-Tomiko, 7x A-gear, "First Tank Brigade" ANI (the only A- that ever won a fair duel with a B-gear 5 levels higher than him), 4x B- M- I-gears.

P.S. Hi to Pause if he's reading this!
bpfoley89 Feb 16, 2013 @ 3:51pm 
I played back in SCO and I'm playing ACE now. There are a lot of things that've changed now, since grinding is easier now that there's a permanent +200% Exp Happy Hour for levels 1-74. There are also long Item Drop HHs every day now too, but above lv70 only gets those Fri-Sun.

I'm enjoying myself but I am noticing that the only time the game is balanced is in Arena, and that's still pretty unbalanced because whichever team has more M-Gears is always the winner. And nobody likes grinding an M-Gear (though I'm doing it)!
Knight Foxx™ Feb 19, 2013 @ 2:12pm 
I could not agree any more. The game has changed a lot over the years, and although it can still be amazingly fun at times, the few people that spend all of their actual currency on cash shop items will ♥♥♥♥ you off (Especially when it's an A-Gear).

I only hope that if more "free" players enter the game, then the people that ♥♥♥♥♥ around with cash shop equipment won't be as obvious in the giant crowd.
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50