Garry's Mod

Garry's Mod

Cinema
Andy Jan 28 @ 9:10am
White Screen.
I need help.
I just recently worked on my flash and it detects it.
I even got a new browser and jazz, and mostly it goes to a blank and white screen.
IT NEVER DONE THIS BEFORE.

Now people are saying something about Html5 and♥♥♥♥♥♥ and really, if it's changing, why are other people still watching it?
Look, I need help here, I spent all day working on this and I am just close to just reproting Sam since people just ignore these things.
It's really frustrating.
< >
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
Sam  [developer] Jan 28 @ 10:22am 
I haven't been able to reproduce the issue, so I'm not sure of a valid solution. However, I've been told setting the dxlevel can fix it. Here's what I have written in the FAQ:

"Open up console by pressing ~ and type in mat_dxlevel 90"

Are you able to see other webpages? Is it just YouTube videos that show the white screen?
Sam  [developer] Jan 28 @ 10:23am 
Browsers you install on your computer are irrelevant btw, Garry's Mod ships with its own "browser" called Awesomium.
Andy Jan 28 @ 10:39am 
So I need Awesomium?
Also Sam, I tried dxlevel 90 in a server, it frozed it and caused it to go to Pink checker.
I'm having the same Issue, however mine is a little different. I am able to watch youtube videos and such just fine, but when I put a custom url to a flashplayer I have on my box, my screen turns white and can't view it, but my friends can see that custom url just fine. I've been trying to figure out what exactly is causing this issue and can't seem to get it working... It's been weeks! lol. I've tried the dxlevel with the same result... White Screen on my custom url only. I wanna say it may be some sort of graphics driver issue, but have since tried using different graphic cards, with the approproate drivers installed for each with the same result. I still can't fathom how my friends can view that same link while I can't, and I used to be able to see that custom url on the last update of garys mod just fine. It's definitely on my end. Just what it is, I have no idea.
Last edited by Nightcrawla; Jan 28 @ 11:42am
List, can you view youtube videos? or is it just white all the time?
Andy Jan 28 @ 11:39am 
Well sometimes it's white and someone it doesn't show up.
Like I play the video and I can hear it, but I cannot see it at all.
wibel Feb 5 @ 4:26pm 
ive had the same problem constantly bugger that the only presumable fix is dx lvl 9
i got it set to 81 for perfomance
< >
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
Per page: 15 30 50