Dette spil er nu tilgængeligt på Steam!

Tak for din hjælp med at få dette spil valgt til distribution via Steam. Mere information, inklusivt et link til butikssiden på Steam, kan findes nedenfor.

Legends of Dawn
Jotne 7. maj 2013 kl. 8:06am
Endless delays
I hate to rain on your parade, but not all of us are patient and understanding about the delays. I can certainly understand the reasons, but that's not the point: The point is that you grossly misrepresented the project to the Kickstarter backers. You said, in very clear terms, that the game would be out soon after the campaign ended:

"We've allowed ourselves max 2 months for completing the game and we're confident that we can deliver a complete product by that date.

Estimated delivery: February 2013"

This is not acceptable. You gave the impression that the game was pretty much finished, and you just needed a little bit of funding to get you over the finish line. At this point, we're months past the estimation, and it's unclear when the game is coming. This kind of unproffesional behaviour hurts both your reputation and other small developers relying on community support for their projects.

Please get your act together and take care of the business part of your business, not just the development. Do the math and come up with a realistic release date, instead of just reporting enthusiastically on the progress of a project that is already months overdue.

P.S. Before the fanboys rush in and declare that it's better to take your time and do it right than deliver an incomplete product, I agree. That doesn't change the fact that you promised a complete and well made product to be delivered months ago, which means you either grossly miscalculated or flat out lied. In either case, it will take one hell of a game to restore my confidence in you.
Viser 1-15 af 51 kommentarer
< >
Djuja 7. maj 2013 kl. 11:33am 
Oprindeligt skrevet af Jotne:
I hate to rain on your parade, but not all of us are patient and understanding about the delays. I can certainly understand the reasons, but that's not the point: The point is that you grossly misrepresented the project to the Kickstarter backers. You said, in very clear terms, that the game would be out soon after the campaign ended:

"We've allowed ourselves max 2 months for completing the game and we're confident that we can deliver a complete product by that date.

This is not acceptable. You gave the impression that the game was pretty much finished, and you just needed a little bit of funding to get you over the finish line. At this point, we're months past the estimation, and it's unclear when the game is coming. This kind of unproffesional behaviour hurts both your reputation and other small developers relying on community support for their projects.

Please get your act together and take care of the business part of your business, not just the development. Do the math and come up with a realistic release date, instead of just reporting enthusiastically on the progress of a project that is already months overdue.

P.S. Before the fanboys rush in and declare that it's better to take your time and do it right than deliver an incomplete product, I agree. That doesn't change the fact that you promised a complete and well made product to be delivered months ago, which means you either grossly miscalculated or flat out lied. In either case, it will take one hell of a game to restore my confidence in you.

Unfortunantely... I agree with this... I thought the game would come out by now. I have my money ready. Please Dreamatrix, at least tell us a date when we can expect the game to come out.
TiaPei 8. maj 2013 kl. 11:39am 
Ive read an articel about kickstarter the more they get overfunded the more likely/longer a delay gets~and its was like 180%~ i think developers expect to have to build more in/more polished
than they else would (+of course the additional contents as streched goals)
Wyseman76 8. maj 2013 kl. 8:27pm 
Wow,that was quite a bit of overindulged post modern consumerist hot air.
Vampero 9. maj 2013 kl. 1:41pm 
Oprindeligt skrevet af IVL | Crusader:
Oprindeligt skrevet af Jotne:

Unfortunantely... I agree with this... I thought the game would come out by now. I have my money ready. Please Dreamatrix, at least tell us a date when we can expect the game to come out.

I total agree with person ! I Pledged $85 !

Legends Of Dawn T-SHIRT. One Dreamatrix's previously released PC GAME digital download (Spaceforce series). Plus all previous rewards.

Estimated delivery: Feb 2013

They have not sent any of the items to me yet or at least let me play Spaceforce. If they sent me the items, I would have been a little happier. It would show effort in to pleasing all of us.
DreamatrixTeam  [udvikler] 9. maj 2013 kl. 11:59pm 
You are totally right and more than anything we want to put out our game. We are very sorry to put anybody into the position to wait beyond our target date. You may or may not understand the situation but we were open and honest about the each step so in case other backers missed our communication here is a short summary.
First we did not expect that it will take 3 weeks (instead of one) to receive the funds. We couldn't keep the VO studio on standby indefinitely and they had to move on and once we received the funds they weren't available any more and we had to search for another studio and there we have 5-6 weeks of delay before the first VO recordings began. Once it started it took us exactly the time we planned from start to integration.
Then at the time of KS campaign we couldn't know if Legends of Dawn we'll be noticed on Greenlight let alone that it will get greenlit in record time. So there we have another month of work on studying and integrating the game with Steam SDK.
In the meantime we learned that other publishers have other requests which so many backers support and it will take another few weeks to implement.
So to those who don't care (and rightly so) about mentioned reasons we are truly sorry and we deserve every bit of the heat you pump in our direction, to others who chose to take the facts into the account we are grateful. To everybody patient and impatient who supported us; we are sorry, we love you, please forgive us, thank you.
Vampero 10. maj 2013 kl. 4:31am 
Oprindeligt skrevet af DreamatrixTeam:
You are totally right and more than anything we want to put out our game. We are very sorry to put anybody into the position to wait beyond our target date. You may or may not understand the situation but we were open and honest about the each step so in case other backers missed our communication here is a short summary.
First we did not expect that it will take 3 weeks (instead of one) to receive the funds. We couldn't keep the VO studio on standby indefinitely and they had to move on and once we received the funds they weren't available any more and we had to search for another studio and there we have 5-6 weeks of delay before the first VO recordings began. Once it started it took us exactly the time we planned from start to integration.
Then at the time of KS campaign we couldn't know if Legends of Dawn we'll be noticed on Greenlight let alone that it will get greenlit in record time. So there we have another month of work on studying and integrating the game with Steam SDK.
In the meantime we learned that other publishers have other requests which so many backers support and it will take another few weeks to implement.
So to those who don't care (and rightly so) about mentioned reasons we are truly sorry and we deserve every bit of the heat you pump in our direction, to others who chose to take the facts into the account we are grateful. To everybody patient and impatient who supported us; we are sorry, we love you, please forgive us, thank you.

Forgiving..I'm not mad it just I can't wait to get the goodies to hang in my Gaming Cave. Hope to play the game soon and good luck !
soldierfortruth 11. maj 2013 kl. 9:58am 
I think you should chill out, a good number of games end up having to be delayed, and most of the time is worth it *cough cough* Bioshock Infinite. I'm sure they thought it was realistic, but as with most indie games that I have seen. Dark Triad, Chaos Chronicles ext the majority of them do think they can get it done in faster pace than what they actually can deliver. As a gamer at some point you have to realize that these things happen and just live with it, and it's not just with smaller developers that these things happen. The Witcher 2 was delayed as was Bioshock, as was GTA5, and I could go on. So I'm not quite sure how this "Hurts the reputation of all smaller developers" if you don't hold all developers to the same standard when they give a release date.

I find that anyone who expects developers to be completely stringent on their timetables to be both asking too much, and unrealistic of what it is that's going on. Whenever you're excited about a game or giving money to one or pre-ordering one a little bit of common sense should take hold say "Maybe this will take longer than what I expected."

To Dreamatrix while it would be wiser in the future to not put an precises date on your game like how Project eternity said 2014 on their most recent kick-starter; don't let people who are unreasonable rush you into putting out a product that isn't as good as what it could be. I will focus on Mars War Logs as a game that was clearly put out before it was ready. They game was fun, and while I did enjoy it one of the major mechanics of the game didn't work.
Djuja 12. maj 2013 kl. 5:39am 
Oprindeligt skrevet af SGVampero:
Oprindeligt skrevet af DreamatrixTeam:

Forgiving..I'm not mad it just I can't wait to get the goodies to hang in my Gaming Cave. Hope to play the game soon and good luck !

+1 :)
Vacnez 12. maj 2013 kl. 12:12pm 
excuses for delays doesn't provide the satisfaction of getting a estimated delivery date.
Peace Blade 12. maj 2013 kl. 4:54pm 
''No battle plan survives first contact with an enemy.''

Most of us don't mind the wait, but we'd still like to know what the new ''battle plan'' is. :P

No need for excuses :)
Turd Ferguson 13. maj 2013 kl. 5:47pm 
You need someone dedicated to releasing weekly updates. Take a look at the Shroud of the Avatar website - but take it with a grain of salt, as those are high-powered, professional, award-winning developers who have been in the business for many years. You folks likely want someone to say that about you all someday. If you do, it would be best to start pushing yourself to be as professional about your interface with the community as you are with your development. Right now, the game is being developed in a vaccuum.

To summarize, a dedicated communications manager would be very helpful for you and cause people to take you more seriously.
Turd Ferguson 13. maj 2013 kl. 5:50pm 
Sorry for the double post, but I wanted to explain what I meant by "dedicated." I wasn't implying that you aren't committed to your game. I meant someone whose ONLY job is to talk to the community. =)
DreamatrixTeam  [udvikler] 15. maj 2013 kl. 1:34am 
Snaptastic, yes, we need a dedicated communications manager. All interested should contact info@dreamatrix.net
Peace Blade 16. maj 2013 kl. 4:42pm 
Insane, we're talking about a small indie team here... so i'mma take your post as joke. >.>
Jotne 17. maj 2013 kl. 4:15am 
@Wyseman76: Wow, that was quite a few buzz-words from a pseudo-intellectual blowhard. Unhelpful, irrelevant and uninmpressive - you and your post both.

@soldierfortruth: If you're going to quote someone, try to actually quote them instead of passing off your own interpretation as a direct quote. I never said this will hurt all indie developers, that is a ridiculous statement. I said that this kind of mess hurts small developers relying on community support, and I stand by that. I supported the Kickstarter because I wanted a game to play in the near future, and this looked interesting AND it was promised that it would be released by February, period. Had I known it would take this long, I would not have pledged.

It should go without saying that I will be more reluctant to trust people who haven't proven themselves in the future. Obsidian will get my money no matter what, Team Awesome Indie Games will have to do a lot more to convince me. I can't believe I actually have to point this out.

As for the apologists, you're missing the point. Yes, they're small. Yes, games often miss their deadlines. Yes, Kickstarter projects often expand both the project and the timeframe when they receice more funding than they asked for. None of that is relevant here - in this case, the impression was given that the game was almost finished, and it was said in unusually clear and strong language that it would be delivered by February 2013.

You simply cannot make such a bombastic promise and then fail to deliver, which is why people tend to be vague or set a public launch date that's later than the internal deadline. Delays are one thing, making clear-cut promises and breaking them this badly is another thing entirely.

As for DreamatrixTeam, thank you for the reply! It's really appreciated that you took the time to explain, in a clear and concise manner, what's going on. I would suggest updating the Kickstarter page with this information, and maybe set a tentative launch date (like expected to launch Autumn 2013 or something like that). This is important information that needs to be readily available, so people can quickly and easily find out what's going on. A dedicated communications person is a great idea, and I would also suggest being a bit more vague with things like launch dates in the future, and maybe add in a margin for error, since there's always something that goes wrong.

Thanks again! I, for one, am happy and calm once more. Patience and good will has been restored, now that I have a much better idea of what to expect and what's going on. :)
Viser 1-15 af 51 kommentarer
< >
Per side: 15 30 50