Эта игра уже доступна в Steam!

Спасибо, что помогли этой игре оказаться в магазине Steam. Более подробную информацию, включая ссылку на страницу в магазине, вы можете найти ниже.

Legends of Dawn
Djuja 30 мар, 2013 @ 15:13
The story, gameplay and my opinion about Legends of Dawn
This is my new, edited post. I hope you'll like it.

THE STORY

Once a lively and wealthy village teeming with people in search of precious metals and gemstones that abound its surroundings, Korden's Fall is now a derelict shadow of itself. It sits on the edge of Ladeona Mountains, overlooking the great river Arno in the north of Narr. Helpless in the relentless grip of an invisible force, a mysterious darkness that has spread from the ancient battlefield of Ashglades; warping and poisoning every creature in it's path, creating bloodthirsty monsters.

Trouble began when miners and traders began to disappear and rumours of massacres began to circulate. Mistrust and terror fanned conflicts among the people who live in fear of the elves from the nearby region. The managers of the mines, known as the North Trade Guild, appealed to the king, and the once powerful Kordelis family that govern the region, for help. The king sends a unit to uncover the mystery surrounding the icy peaks of the Northern Highlands, under the experienced leadership of Sir Herken Salavon, your foster father.

You are one of the soldiers in the unit and insufficiently trained. The situation required immediate action. Waiting for you to complete your training was not an option. Concerned for your safety, your foster father leaves you behind in Korden's fall and embarked on the quest with the rest of the men. He tells you as he always did, that people, not demons were behind the big evil.

Events take you from Korden's Fall, through old, abandoned forts, dungeons once inhabited by dwarves and ancient tombs. You go from the elven city Recea, to the Great Northern Swamps, and the magical city of Sidis Tarea inhabited by the Danians, a mystical race. You reveal the ancient scripts that tell the legends of dwarves, exterminated in the centuries-old war with humans, and stumble unto the greatest of them all, the legend of Dawn. But most of its parts have been dismantled by great sages and hidden across the continent of Narr. The one who finds all the parts and reassemble them will restore its power, the only power that can dispel the dark forces over Ashglades. Returning Dawn to Ashglades will finally bring light to the endless darkness.

GAMEPLAY

Open, large and rich fantasy game world:

-Streaming technology enables playing without any loading screens. All data seamlessly loads in background.

-Travel through one large continent.

-Explore hundreds of unique locations (dungeons, forts, camps, cemeteries, docks, mountains, canyons, flying islands, swamps, temples, shrines etc.)

-Fight your way through more than 20 dungeons, caves, crypts, mausoleums and catacombs and rest in 3 cities - Human, Elven and Danian

-150+ types of wild creatures and monsters that drop several loots so you stand a good chance of getting multiple valuable items

-Adaptable creature AI: depending whether it is day or night, creatures spawn and act differently. Weather conditions also influence a monster's behavior

-Players are free to move in this non linear world, in any direction they choose. As long as they have the necessary items or skills to survive in the field

-numerous quests, hundreds of NPCs

Free character development:

-Combat and magic: A combination of Knight and Mage will work together without class restrictions and players have a wide choice of weapons or spells, they are able to use in combat

-Choose among 3 different races - Human, Elf and Danian and 2 genders - male or female

-Each character has 5 ability scores - strength, dexterity, vitality, intelligence, charisma and 7 resistance scores - fire, electric, cold, acid, poison, disease and magic

Combat and survival in the land of Narr:

-Discover different ways to use and combine more than 35 combat, creature lore, crafting, gathering, resistance and devotion skills

-Severable body parts: Every enemy in the game; monster, flying creature or human bandit, can lose a leg, an arm, head or other body parts, intensifying the experience of the battles

-A complex crafting system with over 25.000 usable items, allows you to make everything from food, metal, wood, stone, leather to weapons and fashion armors

-Powerful spell creation system gives unlimited possibilities and easy use, if you have magic runes. Just drag them to the slots in the spell panel. Name them, give a representing icon and level (faith consumption). Click create and your magic icon will appear in the inventory. Then drag a spell into one of the slots.

-"Identify Item" feature: Players will find magical items that have to be identified in oracle shrines scattered throughout the world to discover the item's unique properties

-Unlocking System with Runes: using specific runes players can interactively unlock and activate locked chests or crates and other mechanisms in the game

-System of sacrifices: The 3 gods; Perun, Veles and Svarog each have their own shrines throughout the continent. Activating a shrine opens the sacrifice panel with options to sacrifice items and gain divine favours

MY OPINION

I think that this will be a really good game. It has a good story, the gameplay mechanics are good and the graphics are not bad. It is a really cheap game, and I have my money ready for the day it comes out.

P.S. The developers are from Croatia and I am also a proud Croatian, and I am very happy that Legends of Dawn is a Croatian game and that is why I want to support it.

All of the information in this post has been taken from www.dreamatrix.net
Последний раз отредактировал Djuja; 7 мая, 2013 @ 11:47
Показано 111 из 11 комментариев
< >
1kg_blumenkohl 1 апр, 2013 @ 9:19 
Totally agree to your post!
Wyseman76 2 апр, 2013 @ 8:47 
I'll give an indy team with this much dedication to a project 15 bucks any day just to see them continue to stive to produce more. I've given triple A publishers 4 to 5 times that only to see them squander their money and literally ♥♥♥♥ on their fanbase all the while DLC'ing us to death. I say amen to the indy developers who put as much heart and soul as they do sweat and tears into their work.
Podsi 7 апр, 2013 @ 7:38 
Green Light!!! :D Congrats!
Azghouls 8 апр, 2013 @ 2:51 
Great post there - and yep there's tonnes of love in this game - that's why I backed them via kickstarter.
jowlex93 12 апр, 2013 @ 9:35 
ty
No One 18 апр, 2013 @ 6:01 
Изначально опубликовано IVL | Crusader:
When you start playing LOD you'll have 100 of hours of gameplay (minimum)

And what's best is that there's no loading screen! It's made possible because of the graphics engine LOD uses that automatically loads dungeons and areas in the background!

LOD is also going to be a trilogy... Which means that it does have a good story and each part will be better then the part before.

1) idk how thats possible. if i just started wouldnt i have seconds not hours

2) no load screens but the game may try to load to much to fast in the background and stuter

3) no . you do not know the definition of trillogy . it simply means it will be 3 parts . and the matrix was a trillogy and it got worse after each one. the first had a bad back story since people as bateries is dumb (there are better ways of making electricity without solar cells that dont include keeping people alive) but then family ai's that love each other and he can see without eyes and i want my money back for that ticket
Space 18 апр, 2013 @ 17:32 
@NoOne: Your post is stupid, and you might want to educate yourself on just how energy efficient the human body really is before you write the idea off as dumb.
Oath 26 апр, 2013 @ 21:44 
Изначально опубликовано NoOne:

1) idk how thats possible. if i just started wouldnt i have seconds not hours

2) no load screens but the game may try to load to much to fast in the background and stuter

3) no . you do not know the definition of trillogy . it simply means it will be 3 parts . and the matrix was a trillogy and it got worse after each one. the first had a bad back story since people as bateries is dumb (there are better ways of making electricity without solar cells that dont include keeping people alive) but then family ai's that love each other and he can see without eyes and i want my money back for that ticket

What? Your post doesn't make any sense at all... If it has 3 parts then of course it's a trilogy. Your first complaint was obviously trolling... And as for the second, that's why the graphics aren't so good... They had to sacrifice the quality of the graphics to make the game not lag when it's loading areas in the background... Even then the graphics look good. You're obviously trolling me...

Umm he's actually stating valid problems with your posts.
1) If you just started a game you WOULD in fact have played seconds not 100 hours. I understand that you meant that it would have 100 hours of content however I dont see any documentation to back that.

2) If it is a large enough scale game no loading screens is in fact a no-no. If you load everything in one chunck most computers will not be able to run it (If any). Assuming its a recent game which I am pretty sure this counts

2a)
Изначально опубликовано NoOne:
And as for the second, that's why the graphics aren't so good... They had to sacrifice the quality of the graphics to make the game not lag when it's loading areas in the background... Even then the graphics look good.

This reply had very little thought put into it. They can load in chunks without loading screens TESIII Morrowind did it and it worked beautifully. They loaded the game in cells, everytime they walk outside a cell the next one and any adjacent ones are loaded into VRAM RAM and other rescources. That way you feel like you are in this seamless world, but you're not.

Sure, they did "load" but I am running it on PC and the load times are so fast that the bar for the next cell is gone before I could look down next the HP Magicka and Fatigue bar for the progress. All the while without a "loading screen" ergo a full screen concept/hint monstrosity.

3) He was stating that just because the game will be a trilogy doesnt mean it will have pleasant story telling. Example, once again the matrix trilogy. I agree with him that, the matrix was not a story driven trilogy ergo not a good trilogy in my opinion either.

Now my stuff!

They did not have any experience about RPG games, but they poured all of their love and passion into this game.
I just dont see that being possible/being a good thing
If you are deving a RPG you just GOTTA have experience with the RPG genre, also they have plenty. Evidence: Their latest video shows a map of a free roaming The Elder Scrolls style RPG framwork. They also talk about how it resembles older games, and I am pretty sure they dont mean FPS games.

Graphics aren't the best, but good graphics does not mean a good game.
I actually agree with you only halfway I HATE games that are only graphics but if a game is graphically irratating than it is just as bad.
Chupakabra-King 6 мая, 2013 @ 20:13 
I agree with the OP ! I believe this game is going to be awesome. I have been waiting patiently for this game. If it takes a little longer for them to make it totally awesome then I can wait until they deem it worthy for release .
Jotne 7 мая, 2013 @ 8:14 
"The developers are also from Croatia and I'm also a proud Croatian, and I'm very happy that LOD is a Croatian game and that's why I want to support it."

You could have just written that and left out the rest. Part of your post reads like a review, yet the product hasn't been released. Badly written, borderline rabid fanboyism isn't going to change anyone's mind. I suggest dialing it back a bit and trying to make some actually valid and rational points instead of just spouting empty hype if you really want to help.
Insane 16 мая, 2013 @ 2:07 
I will wait to see and play the game before giving my insight.

THE STORY

Once a lively and wealthy village teeming with people in search of precious metals and gemstones that abound its surroundings. Korden's Fall is now a derelict shadow of itself. It sits on the edge of Ladeona Mountains, overlooking the great river Arno in the north of Narr. Helpless in the relentless grip of an invisible force, mysterious darkness that has spread from the ancient battlefield of Ashglades; warping and poisoning every creature in its path, creating bloodthirsty monsters.

Trouble began when miners and traders began to disappear, and rumours of massacres began to circulate. Mistrust and terror fanned conflicts among the people who live in fear of the elves from the nearby region. The managers of the mines, known as the North Trade Guild, appealed to the king, and the once powerful Kordelis family that govern the region, for help. The king sends a unit to uncover the mystery surrounding the icy peaks of the Northern Highlands, under the experienced leadership of Sir Herken Salavon, your foster father.

You are one of the soldiers in the unit and insufficiently trained. The situation required immediate action. Waiting for you to complete your training was not an option. Concerned for your safety your foster father leaves you behind in Korden's fall. He embarked on the quest with the rest of the men. He tells you as he always did that people, not demons were behind the big evil.

Events take you from Korden's Fall, through old, abandoned forts, dungeons once inhabited by dwarves and ancient tombs. You go from the elven city Recea, to the Great Northern Swamps, and the magical city of Sidis Tarea inhabited by the Danians, a mystical race. You reveal the ancient scripts that tell the legends of dwarves. Exterminated in the centuries-old war with humans, and stumble unto the greatest of them all, the legend of Dawn. Most of its parts have been dismantled by great sages and hidden across the continent of Narr. The one who finds all the parts and reassemble them will restore its power, the only power that can dispel the dark forces over Ashglades. Returning Dawn to Ashglades will finally bring light to the endless darkness.

Yes, I am a backer.
Показано 111 из 11 комментариев
< >
На страницу: 15 30 50