This game has been Greenlit by the Community!

The community has shown their interest in this game. Valve has reached out to this developer to start moving things toward release on Steam.

Numinis Online
-Keith-  [developer] Dec 26, 2012 @ 9:51am
Your Take on Player versus Player?
What's your favorite aspect of PvP? How do you feel about it in general?
Last edited by -Keith-; Jan 10, 2013 @ 5:45pm
Showing 1-12 of 12 comments
< >
theundergod Dec 26, 2012 @ 10:20pm 
Team coordination. When you get that perfect team and you stomp on the competition it's pretty awesome!
Pyper The Rice Wizard Jan 5, 2013 @ 2:29pm 
Knowing that you're better than someone/
Thorendir Jan 5, 2013 @ 10:02pm 
exchanging a couple of blows and parried all of the enemy, saw what my enemy was planning and countered successfully. (chivalry med warfare combat is the best)
-Keith-  [developer] Jan 7, 2013 @ 2:37am 
Originally posted by Thorendir:
exchanging a couple of blows and parried all of the enemy, saw what my enemy was planning and countered successfully. (chivalry med warfare combat is the best)

The good thing about this is, it makes combat "slower." This leads to more realistic individual fights, but one long duration of an entire battle.
Pilluminati Jan 12, 2013 @ 8:24am 
Skillshots. Having to aim, predict and come up with interesting uses for abilities. Using an offensive ability as an escape, etc. Being able to take on multiple enemies at the same time and standing a chance.
-Keith-  [developer] Jan 12, 2013 @ 4:55pm 
Originally posted by Pilluminati:
Skillshots. Having to aim, predict and come up with interesting uses for abilities. Using an offensive ability as an escape, etc. Being able to take on multiple enemies at the same time and standing a chance.

We like these views, and defenitely the latter.. "Being able to take on multiple enemies at the same time and standing a chance." This is a valid concept, and achievable through timing, strategic movements, and of course your selected abilities. It will not be easy, but self rewarding when this comes to pass. :)
Dr. privit Jan 15, 2013 @ 3:46pm 
I like the challenge of being #1 on the leader boards at the end of each game or match. I particularly like the "edge of your seat" action.
Pilluminati Jan 19, 2013 @ 7:31am 
Something I dislike is unintuitive & bloated abilities/mechanics.
You should be able to tell what's going on by seeing the ability in action instead of having to read about all the conditions, let's say an aura which grants x% fire damage to your attacks and slows the movement for x% per hit for x seconds and consuming the stacks with another ability gives you x bonus.
This doesn't offer much depth at all and makes the learning curve much steeper.
A better example would be a simple fireball with a knockback. While being extremely easy to understand it offers a lot of depth because the knockback can be used in various ways and since it would be so dynamic, it would be FUN to use it.

Many games have failed at this and I think it's crucial in order to make the game attractive to different crowds.
badasswaterplant Feb 27, 2013 @ 9:52am 
pvp my take on it if u have a nicely fitted squad of friends that counter-act all of the bads of tanks and people who wont be exactly "in the battle" [archers] pvp is awsome
Synycyl Apr 27, 2013 @ 4:04pm 
PvP should be about the skill of the player and their understanding of the game mechanics. One of my pet peeves is when PvP is off tilt because someone had more time to sink into getting better gear.

League of Legends probably has one of the best implementations of gear in PvP since item builds are so dynamic, but it all still lands on skill and strategy. I've been following the Numinis project for coming up on a year now I think and I look forward to your progress.

Kudos to Keith and Jon for all the work they are doing. You've already got something that you should be proud of... I can't wait til you can share!
Slash; oZc.cLㅤ Jan 1 @ 9:09pm 
asd
silky. Feb 17 @ 4:41pm 
the ability for a small group to subvert and defeat a larger group is key. balance of abilities and such is always important...but the game shouldnt require nor hinder players for not moving with zergs of others.
Showing 1-12 of 12 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50