Tämä peli on nyt saatavilla Steamissä!

Kiitos, että autoit tätä peliä pääsemään Steamiin! Lisätietoja sekä linkin kauppasivulle löydät alta.

The Cat Lady
giraffe 21. helmi, 2013 10.57
Resolution?
Is there a reason that the resolution is fixed?
I don't usually choose 800x600 for windowed, but nice game nonetheless.
Näytetään 1-8 / 8 kommentista
< >
Screen 7  [kehittäjä] 21. helmi, 2013 11.15 
Hi Joseph, have you tried "Configure the Cat Lady" (winsetup.exe) and raising the 'Graphics filter' to 2x or 4x ?
giraffe 21. helmi, 2013 11.50 
Yes, I know. But the 2x or 4x just multiply the resolution. Wouldn't it be better if we could change the resolution ourselves?
Motoki 21. helmi, 2013 12.35 
The game was made with AGS (Adventure Game Studio) so that's a limitation of that software. I think you'll find that most indie adventure games similarly will only run in lower resolutions, for example the Wadjet Eye stuff. RPG Maker is a similar situation.

I do think it would be nice if there were easy to use, affordable software out there for creating much more high resolution adventure games (and RPGs) too, but for now those resolutions are the limitations of the tools that are available. This game in particular I think has exceptional artwork and it would have been nice to have it in HD.

That being said, I play it in full screen myself and I think it works out really well. I never feel like it seems pixelated or low res like some of the other AGS made games can tend to look so I think the developers of this game did a really good job with the tools they had to work with making the game look good.
giraffe 21. helmi, 2013 12.38 
Fair enough. It's not a huge issue, back to playing the game.
xlynx 25. huhti, 2013 14.30 
I'm not sure AGS actually enforces a low resolution. Some of the newer ones (such as Blackwell Deception) are higher res (albeit not super high). The Mage's Initiation project is apparently adding wide screen support to the engine.

There is also Visionaire Studio, quite a cheap adventure game engine most popularly used in the super high res games from Daedalic Entertainment.
Sam 1. kesä, 2013 15.07 
The HQ2x filtering is nice, but does AGS not support setting a custom output resolution? In my case I would like to have HQ2x filtering but output at 2560x1600?
xlynx 1. kesä, 2013 15.12 
you're correct. The current version of AGS can only multiply the resolution the game was made in. It can't dynamically scale.
Sam 1. kesä, 2013 20.15 
Oh I see, I ended up buying the full game from their homepage, and have been playing for a while now. I have to say the game is truly excellent. It's a bit shame though that AGS has all these technical limitations.

Hopefully AGS will be updated in the future. I'm liking this game so much, that I would even like to see it remade in true HD on a more graphically advanced engine. But I guess this was not done in the first place because of cost/time constraints (but hey I know I would back a Kickstarter ;))
Näytetään 1-8 / 8 kommentista
< >
Sivua kohden: 15 30 50