This game has been Greenlit by the Community!

The community has shown their interest in this game. Valve has reached out to this developer to start moving things toward release on Steam.

Croixleur
StealthMomo Sep 4, 2013 @ 7:59pm
NyuMedia - Stop Translating Names
I'd prefer names like Miyafuji Yoshika or Misaka Mikoto not Tetley Eisner and Luca Earlgray.

I just played Ether Vapor Game today and I noticed the names were translated. I only assume the japanese version have japanese names.

Please stop doing this.
Showing 1-15 of 21 comments
< >
StealthMomo Sep 4, 2013 @ 8:05pm 
Or at least give us an option to switch between the Japanese and English.

Edit: There are reason why the fansubers have great reputation.
Last edited by StealthMomo; Sep 4, 2013 @ 8:11pm
LoliconSuspect Sep 4, 2013 @ 8:42pm 
I second that.
mario182 Sep 5, 2013 @ 7:01am 
I also agree to this. What purpose does that have anyways?
Nyu Media  [developer] Sep 5, 2013 @ 2:45pm 
Guys, Luca Earlgray, Daniel Pachelbel, etc. are all the original names in the game. The only time we changed any names was for Cherry Tree High Comedy Club & we haven't done it before or since.
StealthMomo Sep 5, 2013 @ 3:16pm 
Thanks for the clarification. I saw the name faq on Cherry's website and I assumed all games were name changed.
Maavy Sep 8, 2013 @ 3:42pm 
... Nyu Media: How about an optional patch (maybe released as free DLC) for CTHCC with original names? Should take little to no effort (as it's just remaking some images and mass-replacing script text, then repacking everything).

Even though this probably isn't the right place to discuss this.
Nyu Media  [developer] Sep 8, 2013 @ 6:13pm 
Originally posted by Maavy sucks at shmups:
... Nyu Media: How about an optional patch (maybe released as free DLC) for CTHCC with original names?

While the work wouldn't be technical, it would take a lot of man hours! That said, while we have nothing concrete planned at the moment, we do have something along these lines on the board as a potential a future development. We may reveal more when our current pipe clears and the ideas start to firm up.
Last edited by Nyu Media; Sep 8, 2013 @ 6:15pm
Maavy Sep 8, 2013 @ 6:39pm 
On the rescripting part, I could work on this, provided I had the tools to unpack/repack the game files (or the unpacked files; in that case I would have to let the repacking magic to you guys). I have some previous experience on game fantranslations.
Same applies to remaking the pictures with the character names. If you guys are interested, I already have you on Steam's Friends List. That's the easiest way to get to me.

Either way, thanks for the answer.
Nyu Media  [developer] Sep 9, 2013 @ 8:06am 
Thanks very much for the offer, but for various reasons it would be best for us to handle it in-house if we go ahead. Cheers!
StealthMomo Sep 9, 2013 @ 8:59am 
It's nice to see Nyumedia developers are active on Steam boards. Can't wait to play this game [Croixleur]. It has been greenlight for a while now but a little wait wouldn't hurt
Nyu Media  [developer] Sep 9, 2013 @ 2:48pm 
Not nearly as active on the Steam forums as I'd like us to be, truth be told. It's a pending item for the moment.

We're not planning on just throwing Croixleur up on Steam, you know - we're working on adding features like achievements, cloud support, avatars, trading cards, etc. so it will take a wee big more than the 2 weeks we've had so far to release it :) We're tentatively planning a January release.
Maavy Sep 9, 2013 @ 5:02pm 
Steamworks is a good thing.
*cough*eXceed*cough*

Also, what do you mean by avatars? Literally pictures for us to use on our profiles?
StealthMomo Sep 10, 2013 @ 7:17am 
Originally posted by Nyu Media:
Not nearly as active on the Steam forums as I'd like us to be, truth be told. It's a pending item for the moment.

We're not planning on just throwing Croixleur up on Steam, you know - we're working on adding features like achievements, cloud support, avatars, trading cards, etc. so it will take a wee big more than the 2 weeks we've had so far to release it :) We're tentatively planning a January release.

Thanks for the info. It's nice to have those big features like achievements and trading cards.
Nyu Media  [developer] Sep 11, 2013 @ 4:27pm 
@Maavy Yup, pics to use on profiles.
Maavy Sep 11, 2013 @ 4:28pm 
Do you mean them as game unlockables or extras that come with the game upon purchase?
Either way, that looks awesome.
Showing 1-15 of 21 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50