This game is now available on Steam!

Thanks for your help in getting this game selected for distribution via Steam. More information including a link to the Steam store page can be found below.

Croixleur
StealthMomo Sep 4, 2013 @ 7:59pm
NyuMedia - Stop Translating Names
I'd prefer names like Miyafuji Yoshika or Misaka Mikoto not Tetley Eisner and Luca Earlgray.

I just played Ether Vapor Game today and I noticed the names were translated. I only assume the japanese version have japanese names.

Please stop doing this.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 21 comments
StealthMomo Sep 4, 2013 @ 8:05pm 
Or at least give us an option to switch between the Japanese and English.

Edit: There are reason why the fansubers have great reputation.
Last edited by StealthMomo; Sep 4, 2013 @ 8:11pm
LoliconSuspect Sep 4, 2013 @ 8:42pm 
I second that.
Mitsuhide Sep 5, 2013 @ 7:01am 
I also agree to this. What purpose does that have anyways?
Nyu Media  [developer] Sep 5, 2013 @ 2:45pm 
Guys, Luca Earlgray, Daniel Pachelbel, etc. are all the original names in the game. The only time we changed any names was for Cherry Tree High Comedy Club & we haven't done it before or since.
StealthMomo Sep 5, 2013 @ 3:16pm 
Thanks for the clarification. I saw the name faq on Cherry's website and I assumed all games were name changed.
Maavy Sep 8, 2013 @ 3:42pm 
... Nyu Media: How about an optional patch (maybe released as free DLC) for CTHCC with original names? Should take little to no effort (as it's just remaking some images and mass-replacing script text, then repacking everything).

Even though this probably isn't the right place to discuss this.
Nyu Media  [developer] Sep 8, 2013 @ 6:13pm 
Originally posted by Maavy sucks at shmups:
... Nyu Media: How about an optional patch (maybe released as free DLC) for CTHCC with original names?

While the work wouldn't be technical, it would take a lot of man hours! That said, while we have nothing concrete planned at the moment, we do have something along these lines on the board as a potential a future development. We may reveal more when our current pipe clears and the ideas start to firm up.
Last edited by Nyu Media; Sep 8, 2013 @ 6:15pm
Maavy Sep 8, 2013 @ 6:39pm 
On the rescripting part, I could work on this, provided I had the tools to unpack/repack the game files (or the unpacked files; in that case I would have to let the repacking magic to you guys). I have some previous experience on game fantranslations.
Same applies to remaking the pictures with the character names. If you guys are interested, I already have you on Steam's Friends List. That's the easiest way to get to me.

Either way, thanks for the answer.
Nyu Media  [developer] Sep 9, 2013 @ 8:06am 
Thanks very much for the offer, but for various reasons it would be best for us to handle it in-house if we go ahead. Cheers!
StealthMomo Sep 9, 2013 @ 8:59am 
It's nice to see Nyumedia developers are active on Steam boards. Can't wait to play this game [Croixleur]. It has been greenlight for a while now but a little wait wouldn't hurt
Nyu Media  [developer] Sep 9, 2013 @ 2:48pm 
Not nearly as active on the Steam forums as I'd like us to be, truth be told. It's a pending item for the moment.

We're not planning on just throwing Croixleur up on Steam, you know - we're working on adding features like achievements, cloud support, avatars, trading cards, etc. so it will take a wee big more than the 2 weeks we've had so far to release it :) We're tentatively planning a January release.
Maavy Sep 9, 2013 @ 5:02pm 
Steamworks is a good thing.
*cough*eXceed*cough*

Also, what do you mean by avatars? Literally pictures for us to use on our profiles?
StealthMomo Sep 10, 2013 @ 7:17am 
Originally posted by Nyu Media:
Not nearly as active on the Steam forums as I'd like us to be, truth be told. It's a pending item for the moment.

We're not planning on just throwing Croixleur up on Steam, you know - we're working on adding features like achievements, cloud support, avatars, trading cards, etc. so it will take a wee big more than the 2 weeks we've had so far to release it :) We're tentatively planning a January release.

Thanks for the info. It's nice to have those big features like achievements and trading cards.
Nyu Media  [developer] Sep 11, 2013 @ 4:27pm 
@Maavy Yup, pics to use on profiles.
Maavy Sep 11, 2013 @ 4:28pm 
Do you mean them as game unlockables or extras that come with the game upon purchase?
Either way, that looks awesome.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 21 comments
Per page: 15 30 50