Tämä peli on nyt saatavilla Steamissä!

Kiitos, että autoit tätä peliä pääsemään Steamiin! Lisätietoja sekä linkin kauppasivulle löydät alta.

DreadOut
HoneyBunchsOfNopes 4. huhti, 2013 12.22
Thoughts
So I'm going to try and fit all my thoughts, suggestions, questions, and comments all into one post.

First off I would like to say that I love the demo and I can't wait for this to be released. I'll start off with what I think could be improved.

Story & Character development

- Is there going to be some more cutscenes? As far as the demo goes I think it really lacks them.
- Personality. From watching the gameplay video, I think it would be nice to see the protagonist's friends react to her taking pictures of them or even them saying something when you walk off from the group. Also the protagonist doesn't seem phased when ghosts are nearby or scared about the situation she's in. Maybe have her hands shake when she's going to take pictures of the supernatural? (Although I think this needs a little clarification. Is the supernatural indicator purely an interface thing or is she aware of her surroundings?)

Gameplay

- Is there going to be components of the game where taking pictures of (random) objects could come into play later? Could looking at older pictures taken reveal anything about what may happen later in the game?
- How Linear is this game supposed to be? I'm all for linear and non-linear games but the demo seems to limit the player from intentionally exploring at all or going back to old areas.
- The wasps. Are there any ways to get rid of these things? I tried getting the cat to attack it, locking them in a room, and taking pictures but nothing seemed to work =(

Graphics

- The detail in the ghosts and some of the environment didn't really match the level of detail put into the protagonist.
- This is more a request than anything. Is it possible to use tressfx technology? I don't have any knowledge of how it's implemented or how easy it is to incorporate into a game but I think it would be a nice addition to a game like this. The only downfalls I saw to this in tomb raider was it's lack of the environment affecting her hair (still looks like she just came from a salon after swimming in a pool of blood) but this doesn't look like it would be a factor in the gameplay at all. As a software developer in training, I'm really curious about the implementation of this. Have you guys looked into this technology at all?

Pros

- The horror. The game does cater to those who like jump scares but this game doesn't overdue them. I'd much rather the unsettling like the girl crying (which took me forever to find) and the hanging teddy bear.
- Challenging. I love how nothing is spoon fed to the player. Although I found it kind of irritating being placed randomly into the game with no knowledge of anything, I found this to be the most interesting part. It adds a nice level of difficulty that games now a days fail to achieve.
- I also enjoy all the references to things. Pantura is a great band, but I disapprove of the developers using an irisphone over a droid.
- Very smooth gameplay.

Overall I give this a 7/10. I see a lot of potential in this game but I hope some of the smaller kinks don't affect the overall experience.
Näytetään 1-7 / 7 kommentista
< >
HoneyBunchsOfNopes 4. huhti, 2013 12.23 
I would also like to add that I understand as a small company you have a limited budget and resources, but I figured I'd put all of my thoughts into it
Ken Kaneki 4. huhti, 2013 17.29 
sillycats.jpg.exe lähetti viestin:
I would also like to add that I understand as a small company you have a limited budget and resources, but I figured I'd put all of my thoughts into it

^^ we can help them by donating ;)
HoneyBunchsOfNopes 4. huhti, 2013 18.02 
☩『 Ada Wong 』☩ lähetti viestin:

I have donated already =). I can only afford so much though. College does a number on your wallet
Digital Happiness  [kehittäjä] 4. huhti, 2013 21.18 
So I'm going to try and fit all my thoughts, suggestions, questions, and comments all into one post.

First off I would like to say that I love the demo and I can't wait for this to be released. I'll start off with what I think could be improved.

Story & Character development

- Is there going to be some more cutscenes?As far as the demo goes I think it really lacks them.
- Personality. From watching the gameplay video, I think it would be nice to see the protagonist's friends react to her taking pictures of them or even them saying something when you walk off from the group. Also the protagonist doesn't seem phased when ghosts are nearby or scared about the situation she's in. Maybe have her hands shake when she's going to take pictures of the supernatural? (Although I think this needs a little clarification. Is the supernatural indicator purely an interface thing or is she aware of her surroundings?)

Gameplay

- Is there going to be components of the game where taking pictures of (random) objects could come into play later?Could looking at older pictures taken reveal anything about what may happen later in the game?
- How Linear is this game supposed to be?I'm all for linear and non-linear games but the demo seems to limit the player from intentionally exploring at all or going back to old areas.
- The wasps. Are there any ways to get rid of these things? I tried getting the cat to attack it, locking them in a room, and taking pictures but nothing seemed to work =(

Graphics

- The detail in the ghosts and some of the environment didn't really match the level of detail put into the protagonist.
- This is more a request than anything. Is it possible to use tressfx technology?I don't have any knowledge of how it's implemented or how easy it is to incorporate into a game but I think it would be a nice addition to a game like this. The only downfalls I saw to this in tomb raider was it's lack of the environment affecting her hair (still looks like she just came from a salon after swimming in a pool of blood) but this doesn't look like it would be a factor in the gameplay at all. As a software developer in training, I'm really curious about the implementation of this. Have you guys looked into this technology at all?

Pros

- The horror. The game does cater to those who like jump scares but this game doesn't overdue them. I'd much rather the unsettling like the girl crying (which took me forever to find) and the hanging teddy bear.
- Challenging. I love how nothing is spoon fed to the player. Although I found it kind of irritating being placed randomly into the game with no knowledge of anything, I found this to be the most interesting part. It adds a nice level of difficulty that games now a days fail to achieve.
- I also enjoy all the references to things. Pantura is a great band, but I disapprove of the developers using an irisphone over a droid. iris company is bigger than apple and android in dreadout fictional world lol
- Very smooth gameplay.

Overall I give this a 7/10. I see a lot of potential in this game but I hope some of the smaller kinks don't affect the overall experience.

- Is there going to be some more cutscenes? yes
ghost vignette is what linda can sense the surrounding, yes we should get detail over that later..friends react, etc
- Is there going to be components of the game where taking pictures of (random) objects could come into play later? yes Could looking at older pictures taken reveal anything about what may happen later in the game?yes
- How Linear is this game supposed to be?it's linear story driven game, but with some multiply ending
I'm all for linear and non-linear games but the demo seems to limit the player from intentionally exploring at all or going back to old areas. limited, but some area are can be unlock after certain of event, and you can go back to it-and we try to tes and input that on our demo also
- The wasps. Are there any ways to get rid of these things? I tried getting the cat to attack it, locking them in a room, and taking pictures but nothing seemed to work =( sorry to hear that..it suppose i flying cockroach btw lol...you should try to snap of that damn thing...it's ghost bug anyway :p
- The detail in the ghosts and some of the environment didn't really match the level of detail put into the protagonist. yes we're such had a problem with that..do hi res mapping can take more time and budget...but we take that very seriously and we figure it out how we can tweak it
- This is more a request than anything. Is it possible to use tressfx technology?haha no problems, we don't know yet about treesfx plugin is available on our budget or not...you can do that to animate manually..but that tooks time and resource...we figure it out later
The only downfalls I saw to this in tomb raider was it's lack of the environment affecting her hair (still looks like she just came from a salon after swimming in a pool of blood) but this doesn't look like it would be a factor in the gameplay at all. As a software developer in training, I'm really curious about the implementation of this. Have you guys looked into this technology at all?yes latest tomb raider is really looks awesome..and we start to crying when we looking back at our game lol..we're trying to take that as reference and find a modest way to implemented it in our gameplay
- I also enjoy all the references to things. Pantura is a great band, but I disapprove of the developers using an irisphone over a droid. iris company is bigger than apple and android in dreadout fictional world lol
Digital Happiness  [kehittäjä] 4. huhti, 2013 21.26 
☩『 Ada Wong 』☩ lähetti viestin:

I have donated already =). I can only afford so much though. College does a number on your wallet
Thanks guys we really appreciate that, we can't thank you enough no problems, anything contribution you can do to help us is appreciated :)
HoneyBunchsOfNopes 5. huhti, 2013 13.38 
As a side note I should mention that on your youtube channel you should really put english captions on your videos. It would help a lot with advertising.
Digital Happiness  [kehittäjä] 7. huhti, 2013 1.27 
@sillycats.jpg.exe
Sure thanks for the tip
Näytetään 1-7 / 7 kommentista
< >
Sivua kohden: 15 30 50