Tämä peli on nyt saatavilla Steamissä!

Kiitos, että autoit tätä peliä pääsemään Steamiin! Lisätietoja sekä linkin kauppasivulle löydät alta.

DreadOut
Micheal 2. huhti, 2013 4.05
First Experiences
Loaded the game, walked to the phone, went through the whole creepy call thing, after seeing the ghost I'd looked through the camera for like 3 seconds, then got scared that i'd see somthing and quit the game lol. Too scared to go further, reckon if I go any further this late at night I'll get nightmares. Maybe next time I play I'll have a heart attack.

I've played a lot of scary games before, but you guys have really nailed fear into picking that camera up and looking through it lol
Viimeisin muokkaaja on Micheal; 2. huhti, 2013 4.06
Näytetään 1-15 / 61 kommentista
< >
ElinButt&PuffyVulva 2. huhti, 2013 9.02 
Hehe, yeah, the game is damn scary. It took me 4 tries of starting and quiting the demo to get through it because it was so ♥♥♥♥ing scary. I also have played a lot of "scary" games, usually they didn't scary me. The only other game that was as scary as this was probably Anmensia, and this is way more scary.
Micheal 2. huhti, 2013 12.23 
I played it some more this morning, left the safety of the first room only to find i'm being stalked by a ghost, thats some scary stuff alright, Amnesia was all about avoiding some unreal enemy, this one is real.
Sam 2. huhti, 2013 12.57 
I'm a survival horror game fan, and have played almost all games in the genre. And yea the demo is about as spooky as a game gets.

You can tell that the developer put a lot of thought into the level design, I liked the unpredictable nature of the ghosts and the well executed surprises :). Really looking forward to playing the full game.
Digital Happiness  [kehittäjä] 2. huhti, 2013 19.33 
@all
Thanks guys we have lot of planning to scare out of you on our final release haha >:)
Spagett 3. huhti, 2013 11.59 
The demo was good, but frustrating. I was stuck at several points because the game was unclear about what it wanted me to do, resulting in me searching the entire area for any signs of anything. I made the mistake of going into a shed, resulting in a wasp following me around for the rest of my life, much to my disdain. I quit after ending up in a flooded graveyard and seeing a giant floating thing and a zombie, because there I was not only lost, I was lost with the threat of dying.

I'll upvote if the developer promises to make the final product more user-friendly.
Zaranell 3. huhti, 2013 13.16 
Pretty much in agreement with Spagett. They did a really great job building the atmosphere; the main issue it has right now is that it needs to guide the player a little better. I got stuck a few minutes into the game because I didn't notice there was a hole in a wall that's only revealed with the camera. It was right next to the first ghost that shows up, but I had no reason whatsoever to look at the wall and check it. The "clue vignette" mentioned in the tutorial screen was glowing, but I didn't even know there was a tutorial page on the menu at that point. I also got stuck at the very end because I had no indication I needed to backtrack a bit. Oh, and Spagett: turns out you can actually kill the wasp by photographing it, for some reason.

Overall, I like what they've got so far. They just need to work on giving the player some idea of where they need to go.
Digital Happiness  [kehittäjä] 3. huhti, 2013 13.41 
Spagett lähetti viestin:
The demo was good, but frustrating. I was stuck at several points because the game was unclear about what it wanted me to do, resulting in me searching the entire area for any signs of anything. I made the mistake of going into a shed, resulting in a wasp following me around for the rest of my life, much to my disdain. I quit after ending up in a flooded graveyard and seeing a giant floating thing and a zombie, because there I was not only lost, I was lost with the threat of dying.

I'll upvote if the developer promises to make the final product more user-friendly.

Thanks Spagett nice suggestion, yes lot of complaint similar thing about the bugs and stuck at grave yard level, we should give more direct clue message to player when it stuck to something/doing something wrong, we will keep that in mind towards our final build, Thanks again
Digital Happiness  [kehittäjä] 3. huhti, 2013 13.48 
Zaranell lähetti viestin:
Pretty much in agreement with Spagett. They did a really great job building the atmosphere; the main issue it has right now is that it needs to guide the player a little better. I got stuck a few minutes into the game because I didn't notice there was a hole in a wall that's only revealed with the camera. It was right next to the first ghost that shows up, but I had no reason whatsoever to look at the wall and check it. The "clue vignette" mentioned in the tutorial screen was glowing, but I didn't even know there was a tutorial page on the menu at that point. I also got stuck at the very end because I had no indication I needed to backtrack a bit. Oh, and Spagett: turns out you can actually kill the wasp by photographing it, for some reason.

Overall, I like what they've got so far. They just need to work on giving the player some idea of where they need to go.
Actually we try to build our tutorial level approach more "real time" just like modern day gaming, but later we discover that will kill the atmosphere consider our demo is short, and also need more time to deliver it, so we decided to made more old school gaming, but...still we need to figure it how to balance that
Sam 3. huhti, 2013 13.49 
All they really need to do in my opinion, is to show the tutorial screen in the beginning of the game (I didn't either see the tutorial screen in the menu at first). Once I had seen the tutorial screen the mechanics were pretty much clear to me.

As for the wasp, should probably make it go away after a while, if the player has not figured out how to kill it. I know I didn't figure it out, so it was following me around everywhere until I just restarted the demo :P.

When it comes to the end part of the demo, , I didn't think it was too confusing/difficult. I wouldn't want the game to guide the player too much either. I thought it was pretty logical to backtrack to see if you missed something.
Viimeisin muokkaaja on Sam; 3. huhti, 2013 13.50
Spagett 3. huhti, 2013 14.31 
All righty, this is going to get my vote. I saw Markiplier play this and he revealed that you can kill enemies by mashing the take-a-picture button. I died about 4 times, thinking they were scripted events. Once it's upgraded to a suitable level and lengthened some, it should be quite successful.

You can kill the wasp my photographing it? It's not a ghost, and your character is too ♥♥♥♥ed off by it to stay still long enough to take a picture. I recommend removing it entirely.
ElinButt&PuffyVulva 3. huhti, 2013 14.32 
It is a ghost, the dev said already.
Akashi Seijuro 3. huhti, 2013 17.27 
Spagett lähetti viestin:
All righty, this is going to get my vote. I saw Markiplier play this and he revealed that you can kill enemies by mashing the take-a-picture button. I died about 4 times, thinking they were scripted events. Once it's upgraded to a suitable level and lengthened some, it should be quite successful.

You can kill the wasp my photographing it? It's not a ghost, and your character is too ♥♥♥♥ed off by it to stay still long enough to take a picture. I recommend removing it entirely.

Basically (in my prespective) you woke up Not in a real world, some other dimension, so pretty much you encounter there ain't real (not sure about the cat) so u should try take picture most of the stuff in there.
Viimeisin muokkaaja on Akashi Seijuro; 3. huhti, 2013 17.28
Kitsune Shan 7. huhti, 2013 12.23 
I played for some time and the game is really nice.

I noticed that depending on how much time you get stuck in some places, you get more chances to see the ghost in random places, this surely adds another level.

Some people complain about the game being harder to guess or follow. Well, you just woke up in the middle of a weird place with ghosts around. Do you want an arrow or message tips on screen? That totally kills the atmosphere of the game. If I have to say more, is really that what liked to me. Being an old player who played many scary games, I love that this game comes back with some old school gameplay. This may result a bit frustrating for new players who are used to get every little objective on their games, but after a time, I am sure tha they will love it as well.

When a game like this doesnt give you tips to where to go, it makes you to investigate, the atmosphere gets intense if you also think that the more time it takes to you, the more chances of having another random ghost encounter. So this is brillian!

Also people complaining about the roach.... Just take a pic of it and you kill it, is not that hard, it stops sometimes :/ I just didnt like that the roach just suddlenly disappears... ok, maybe is a ghost, but kinda didnt fit too much as that. It would just run away scared of light and hide somewhere. Would be simple and easy.

But not everything on the game is good and now I will give some details that I didnt like it.

For example, the performance is very bad. I know this is just a demo and doesnt represent the end quality of the game. But I am myself 3D designer and I can see wether something is good or "bad".

What is more performance killing here is the DOF. You guys really needs revise this. I am not sure how Unity handles DOF but for me in this demo seems like a very simple blur effect (nothing special like bokehs and such). The problem is that the game keeps measuring the DOF effect from the center point of the camera. This makes the game to not just become slow, also get blurry soemtimes when accidentally some objects like branchs or leafs from trees are in front of the camera even if you dont see them due the clipping of the camera. Sincerely, I am not sure how DOF could help this game if you dont handle correctly alpha objects/textures that are everywhere because the vegetation or windows glass. Maybe would be better to use only in some scenes or events when required to give a more film like effect.

The textures are also kinda poor on detail. Dont make the misstake of making a game so similar to Project Zero where textures where repetitive and with a very low quality. Make them with more resolution and more elaborated and gets properly the benefits of specular and normal maps. In this last one, the normal maps, are a bit overexagerated on Linda's hands. Her hands should looks more soft, young and femenine. Want add a bit more of action? Make Linda to shake a bit her hands when she is focussing a ghost :) This can make the game to looks more real instead of having the feeling of being looking through a robot while holding the phone lol.

In overall, the game is awesome, and I already bought my copy doing a small donation. So that means, that asides of all this critic, I like it :) But is better to mention the bad points than the good ones because the everyone already said the good ones :P

I also noticed that the project goal is very nice but the time is maybe a bit short. I didnt heard about this game till today and not from Steam really, just from another website. I suggest you guys to promote better on Google+, Twitter, Facebook and everywhere!!

The best of luck for you guys, looking forward to play it and please, dont mind making it really scary, just do it >:)
Akashi Seijuro 7. huhti, 2013 18.38 
Kitsune Shan lähetti viestin:

I noticed that depending on how much time you get stuck in some places, you get more chances to see the ghost in random places, this surely adds another level.

Some people complain about the game being harder to guess or follow. Well, you just woke up in the middle of a weird place with ghosts around. Do you want an arrow or message tips on screen? That totally kills the atmosphere of the game. If I have to say more, is really that what liked to me. Being an old player who played many scary games, I love that this game comes back with some old school gameplay. This may result a bit frustrating for new players who are used to get every little objective on their games, but after a time, I am sure tha they will love it as well.

When a game like this doesnt give you tips to where to go, it makes you to investigate, the atmosphere gets intense if you also think that the more time it takes to you, the more chances of having another random ghost encounter. So this is brillian!

Also people complaining about the roach.... Just take a pic of it and you kill it, is not that hard, it stops sometimes :/ I just didnt like that the roach just suddlenly disappears... ok, maybe is a ghost, but kinda didnt fit too much as that. It would just run away scared of light and hide somewhere. Would be simple and easy.

But not everything on the game is good and now I will give some details that I didnt like it.

For example, the performance is very bad. I know this is just a demo and doesnt represent the end quality of the game. But I am myself 3D designer and I can see wether something is good or "bad".

What is more performance killing here is the DOF. You guys really needs revise this. I am not sure how Unity handles DOF but for me in this demo seems like a very simple blur effect (nothing special like bokehs and such). The problem is that the game keeps measuring the DOF effect from the center point of the camera. This makes the game to not just become slow, also get blurry soemtimes when accidentally some objects like branchs or leafs from trees are in front of the camera even if you dont see them due the clipping of the camera. Sincerely, I am not sure how DOF could help this game if you dont handle correctly alpha objects/textures that are everywhere because the vegetation or windows glass. Maybe would be better to use only in some scenes or events when required to give a more film like effect.

The textures are also kinda poor on detail. Dont make the misstake of making a game so similar to Project Zero where textures where repetitive and with a very low quality. Make them with more resolution and more elaborated and gets properly the benefits of specular and normal maps. In this last one, the normal maps, are a bit overexagerated on Linda's hands. Her hands should looks more soft, young and femenine. Want add a bit more of action? Make Linda to shake a bit her hands when she is focussing a ghost :) This can make the game to looks more real instead of having the feeling of being looking through a robot while holding the phone lol.

In overall, the game is awesome, and I already bought my copy doing a small donation. So that means, that asides of all this critic, I like it :) But is better to mention the bad points than the good ones because the everyone already said the good ones :P

I also noticed that the project goal is very nice but the time is maybe a bit short. I didnt heard about this game till today and not from Steam really, just from another website. I suggest you guys to promote better on Google+, Twitter, Facebook and everywhere!!

The best of luck for you guys, looking forward to play it and please, dont mind making it really scary, just do it >:)

Very nice suggestion for the cons, hopefully they can listen to you and update it in the final version
Digital Happiness  [kehittäjä] 7. huhti, 2013 22.07 
Kitsune Shan lähetti viestin:

Regarding old school gameplay yes obviously you can read our mind :D, last time we try to put tutorial - objectives games just like modern gaming nowaday more real-time kinda thing it really kills the atmosphere that we try to built and our demo is kinda short that would be ruin everything

yeah roach it's kinda annoying, we should add more then >:p kidding :)

Näytetään 1-15 / 61 kommentista
< >
Sivua kohden: 15 30 50