This game has been Greenlit by the Community!

The community has shown their interest in this game. Valve has reached out to this developer to start moving things toward release on Steam.

Portal Remake Mod
๖Craft The Crafty Donut Dec 20, 2012 @ 1:54am
Chitty Chat
This is the most active Discussion Thread, i may aswell leave it to be an acctual discussion thread.
Last edited by ๖Craft The Crafty Donut; Oct 26, 2013 @ 4:06am
Showing 1-15 of 59 comments
< >
Sandshoes Dec 20, 2012 @ 4:22am 
Its gonna be free,he already said it.
ATastyPickleJR Dec 20, 2012 @ 6:32am 
Read descriptions.
kascinoh Dec 20, 2012 @ 6:02pm 
garry's mod is free because valve thought it was an amazing idea and they made it an official game.
triumph Dec 20, 2012 @ 7:21pm 
Originally posted by kascinoh:
garry's mod is free because valve thought it was an amazing idea and they made it an official game.
umm... hate to break it to you but gmod isn't free.
the Portaller Dec 20, 2012 @ 10:11pm 
Originally posted by craftforeverlol-Add-On-4-IE10:
This remake is basicly a mod. A Sourcemod. And Sourcemod according to the rules has to be free.
He said it would be free. Also, this has original Portal content in it, so he can't make money off it without being sued.
But if your wondering why garrys mod isent free and it's a sourcemod is because the author hasent obeyed the sourcemod rules. (As far as i've been told) But prove me wrong if you want. I'm not really sure if hes had an agreement with valve or not.
Actually, he did. Which is pretty much the only thing that makes sense, I'm sure Valve would notice if Garry was charging money for the mod illegally on Valve's own store.
But all i'm saying is this mod should be free.
Don't worry, it will be.
๖Craft The Crafty Donut Dec 20, 2012 @ 10:53pm 
Ok thanks for your replys
Alca Dec 20, 2012 @ 11:57pm 
Well it seems my comment was deleted since yesterday. So I would state it again, but I will paraphrase. Same stuff Pot_A_Build said, but in question form. As I shuffled through all the old comments of course.
kascinoh Dec 21, 2012 @ 7:02am 
i accidentaly typed gmod is free. i meant it isnt free.
ㄒ٥ㄚ٥ |ㄑ٨ Jan 2, 2013 @ 2:11pm 
Garry's Mod isn't free the same reason why Nuclear Dawn isn't free and Dear Esther isn't free. They all have a license to sell their game commercially, despite the fact they are using the Source engine (and G-MOD is simply a name, it isn't necessarily a "mod"; it's a total conversion). But yes, due to the fact that this particular "mod" is using Valve's resources (textures, etc.) it can't be a commercial project (at least, without authorization by Valve).
Last edited by ㄒ٥ㄚ٥ |ㄑ٨; Jan 2, 2013 @ 2:12pm
๖Craft The Crafty Donut Jan 2, 2013 @ 6:04pm 
I know what you mean. No argument here bro
Arale//Zero Feb 9, 2013 @ 1:49pm 
"But if your wondering why garrys mod isent free and it's a sourcemod is because the author hasent obeyed the sourcemod rules."

Garry's Mod (the paid version) is published by Valve.

people can't just randomly sell games on the steam store, y'know!
๖Craft The Crafty Donut Feb 9, 2013 @ 10:15pm 
Well i did not know about it then. But i do now. No argument here.
Riolu For The Win Feb 23, 2013 @ 1:26pm 
cant wait!
Flutter*SHY ☺ Jun 2, 2013 @ 1:03pm 
hm... free )
Mr. Tux Jun 3, 2013 @ 9:46pm 
freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Showing 1-15 of 59 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50