This game has been Greenlit by the Community!

The community has shown their interest in this game. Valve has reached out to this developer to start moving things toward release on Steam.

Mortal Online: The Awakening
Sir Kazz Aug 29, 2013 @ 5:22am
population increase good or bad?
hey guys i just wanted to ask your oppinions as i have been playing mortal online for over a year now and dont know if i like the fact the population will increse as we shall see an influx of younger mmo players and casual players. god i can see the chat box now"such and such killed me and now i have nothing boohoo...(you get the point)". look mortal online is for hardcore gamers only,and i fear we hardcore gamers might not benifet from the mass amount of players that are about to hit this game, what do you think?
Showing 1-15 of 19 comments
< >
Sir Kazz Aug 29, 2013 @ 5:25am 
oh and if anyone needs armor i am a master armor crafter look me up (zdkazz)
Slapshot1188 Aug 29, 2013 @ 5:36am 
Define "mass amount of players that are about to hit this game". I think your definition and reality are going to be disconnected.
PlopPlop Aug 29, 2013 @ 5:43am 
More players has to be a good thing, lets hope we get more great personalities like slapshot.
Sir Kazz Aug 29, 2013 @ 6:13am 
Originally posted by PlopPlop:
More players has to be a good thing, lets hope we get more great personalities like slapshot.
yea or ganja lol,
Sir Kazz Aug 29, 2013 @ 6:15am 
Originally posted by Slapshot1188:
Define "mass amount of players that are about to hit this game". I think your definition and reality are going to be disconnected.
look at darkfall, everytime you go into town you hear people crying about geting ganked, its quite annoying, i am looking forward to the change though we will see how it goes

Zeeraha Aug 29, 2013 @ 8:32am 
It will be certainly better for the game overall. Blue guilds could at least get more players to fight back the reds. If SV gets their Tutorial straight, there should be no problem with griefing or early dying. Population will make towns feel more alive and make guild territory more sense, like in MO early days when population was high enough for players to organize more permanent territory defense and larger exploration parties.

Still, there will be great deal of new players who do not understand game concept, and they won't like the possibility of being killed anywhere and anytime ingame while loosing all the items that are being carried. Some players I met ingame didn't want to understand that they need to bank their valuable stuff. Themepark MMOs got them spoiled.
Sir Kazz Aug 29, 2013 @ 6:59pm 
Originally posted by Zeeraha:
It will be certainly better for the game overall. Blue guilds could at least get more players to fight back the reds. If SV gets their Tutorial straight, there should be no problem with griefing or early dying. Population will make towns feel more alive and make guild territory more sense, like in MO early days when population was high enough for players to organize more permanent territory defense and larger exploration parties.

Still, there will be great deal of new players who do not understand game concept, and they won't like the possibility of being killed anywhere and anytime ingame while loosing all the items that are being carried. Some players I met ingame didn't want to understand that they need to bank their valuable stuff. Themepark MMOs got them spoiled.
yes thinking about oit this will drive away alot of players who dont want to try something new like my freind jean, she says she will stick with her wow game lol

Slingman Sep 4, 2013 @ 3:54pm 
I feel like most of the new players might be stuck in tindrem and forced/bribed into joing nuts or guts guild.
Castle Sep 7, 2013 @ 6:36pm 
idk, im glad it will be on steam, as I dont trust the downloader, I played a long time ago, and am one of the best metallurgists in game, aswell as weaponcrafters, but havent played it since preawakening.
Sir Kazz Sep 17, 2013 @ 2:15pm 
Originally posted by Castle:
idk, im glad it will be on steam, as I dont trust the downloader, I played a long time ago, and am one of the best metallurgists in game, aswell as weaponcrafters, but havent played it since preawakening.
Lots has changed since awakining it is a much more gear based game now, this is fine tho as it allows the players that have been in longer to accutaily have a slight advantagre as before most of the combat was based on stats, now this has less of a focus and the players gear and skill have more focus
♔ImperatorBellus♔ Sep 24, 2013 @ 12:23am 
I always wanted to try this game, the only MMO's I played were Guild Wars, Perfect World Online and World of Warcrap, I am sick of the boring tab targetting generic MMO's , I wanna try this. It would be good that the population is high but I thought this game had a very low population? Like 100-400 people online at any one time? This is what stopped me from trying this game out, I want a MMO that has at least 1000-3000 people online 24/7
Sir Kazz Sep 25, 2013 @ 2:11pm 
Originally posted by MÅÇRínu§ The Crusader:
I always wanted to try this game, the only MMO's I played were Guild Wars, Perfect World Online and World of Warcrap, I am sick of the boring tab targetting generic MMO's , I wanna try this. It would be good that the population is high but I thought this game had a very low population? Like 100-400 people online at any one time? This is what stopped me from trying this game out, I want a MMO that has at least 1000-3000 people online 24/7
this game runs from 500 to 1500 on line and is growing with every patch u should jump in so u dont get swept away by the flood of people this will have, darkfall has a higher population if you want something like that.
L0RGAR Sep 28, 2013 @ 9:28pm 
I think it will be positive overall :D
Sir Kazz Oct 8, 2013 @ 1:20pm 
Originally posted by L0RGAR:
I think it will be positive overall :D
i hope your correct.
♔ImperatorBellus♔ Oct 10, 2013 @ 11:05pm 
Both DF:UO and this have ♥♥♥♥ gameplay anyway which for melee classes consists of running aorund like a ♥♥♥♥♥♥ and constantly swining your sword, I don't like it, Skyrim has the best gameplay, ESO will be similar gameplay wise but all pvp will be restricted to Cyrodiil and you can't see the enemy faction when you enter their territory so I probably won't buy it.

The only true open world sandbox fantasy MMORPG with a first person view that might be good is Embers of Caerus which will probably be free to play and will be released in 2017
Showing 1-15 of 19 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50