This game has been Greenlit by the Community!

The community has shown their interest in this game. Valve has reached out to this developer to start moving things toward release on Steam.

Mortal Online: The Awakening
Ser Arthur Dayne Jul 11, 2013 @ 8:02am
Sorry but no
I played the game for about a month (a paid subscriber) and I am uninstalling it today. I got the latest ati card and good cpu with plenty of ram to go with but the game kept freezing on me entering any town in the game, be it Tin or Meduli. Worst and most irritating thing is, I can not end the HUMONGOUS process mortalonline.exe by using end process in Windows task maganer as it gives me Access denied error, and the only option for me was to restart the whole rig. Additionaly, teh game freezes when I was trying to hit someone or getting even close to someone for a second which ended up in the opponent rending me to pieces during that time.
Finally, I love the game, I love the setting, the rules, the full loot system, but it is just unplayable. Sorry - perhaps in a year or two I shall return, plenty of time for you to fix the game until then :(
Last edited by Ser Arthur Dayne; Jul 11, 2013 @ 8:04am
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
< >
EllmansWorld Sep 13, 2013 @ 2:56am 
Originally posted by Ser Arthur Dayne:
I played the game for about a month (a paid subscriber) and I am uninstalling it today. I got the latest ati card and good cpu with plenty of ram to go with but the game kept freezing on me entering any town in the game, be it Tin or Meduli. Worst and most irritating thing is, I can not end the HUMONGOUS process mortalonline.exe by using end process in Windows task maganer as it gives me Access denied error, and the only option for me was to restart the whole rig. Additionaly, teh game freezes when I was trying to hit someone or getting even close to someone for a second which ended up in the opponent rending me to pieces during that time.
Finally, I love the game, I love the setting, the rules, the full loot system, but it is just unplayable. Sorry - perhaps in a year or two I shall return, plenty of time for you to fix the game until then :(

I love the fact that you have played it for a month and still doesent realize that the freeze lag when you enter a town is a "node" loading. Also run DirectX9 not 10.
[BFG]Pico Sep 29, 2013 @ 3:25pm 
Its a bad thing but for MO you need a good pc to play it. I have a good pc and it works perfect. But sadly many of my friends cant play it.
Fatbill Oct 2, 2013 @ 1:22am 
This game is a pile of rotting garbage and is not worth the bandwidth to download.

Buggy, incomplete, broken, a hackfest, the reasons are many.
zackdugas Oct 3, 2013 @ 5:25am 
Originally posted by Fatbill:
This game is a pile of rotting garbage and is not worth the bandwidth to download.

if you dont like the game why comment on it at all? yes it is buggy yes people hack but this game is the most open free beutifull thing to come onto the mmo markets, if ou dont like it dont play it.

Originally posted by 2x4:
as for this it is not because of your card its because of your prosseser, lower the graphical settings mortal online requres ridiculious ammounts of memory and ram to play properly. as for ending the prosses i am guessing you dont play ,any mmos because most require you to be in administrater mode to end them, if you run the game in 32 instead of 64 it will run faster and not freeze so much...
Ser Arthur Dayne Oct 3, 2013 @ 7:20am 
Originally posted by zackdugas:
Originally posted by Fatbill:

if you dont like the game why comment on it at all? yes it is buggy yes people hack but this game is the most open free beutifull thing to come onto the mmo markets, if ou dont like it dont play it.

Originally posted by 2x4:
as for this it is not because of your card its because of your prosseser, lower the graphical settings mortal online requres ridiculious ammounts of memory and ram to play properly. as for ending the prosses i am guessing you dont play ,any mmos because most require you to be in administrater mode to end them, if you run the game in 32 instead of 64 it will run faster and not freeze so much...

Sorry mate it is unplayable - the game is freezing, stuttering, you name it... and unless it is patched to playability I don't think I will be coming back. It takes them so damn long to make this playable, I remember a few years ago (pre-dawn) when I was playing it, it had the exact same issues as today. Hop enow that it got the green light on steam, the increased traffic will make those lazy coders do the work more promptly and more properly.

I thing that with my CPU and 8 gigs of RAM it should run fine just like any other mmo or game for that matter.

The process can not be ended in task manager despite my admin privilege. In order to free it from my memory the only thing that works is to restart the whole system. And I did play many MMOs in my time, all of them properly ended their processes upon exit :)
DIE_by_SCI-FI Jan 11 @ 11:41am 
May be you say true, but i need to say - it's only one mmo rpg that i can play. Yes, MO very buggy, unstable, slowly developed, but this game have soul, have very deep and varied skills system, hard and diverse action fights, very nice graphic style, NO stupid ♥♥♥♥ing quests, NO stupid ♥♥♥♥ing rates, NO levels, full lut, free PvP, NO ♥♥♥♥ing donate, awesome music, enthralling (in first time) world exploration, very kind and friendly community and many other! I can say to you why developing so slow and so many bugs. Money deficit! Little amount of players - little amount of incoming money - slow developing process. I very hope that MO will be started on steam. May be it will help to this wonderful game.
Ser Arthur Dayne Jan 11 @ 1:16pm 
All that you say is true, I will go on and retry it when the devs start working harder on this game, all the major bugs be fixed and game stability brought to a playable level. This game is now years old and it still is riddled with bugs.
Buttercup Jan 25 @ 10:59am 
You'll be wanting 16 gigs of ram and at least 3 gigs of dedicated video memory for the flawless visuals. It's worth it, too. One of those NVIDIA 780GTX Ti cards will do the trick or you can go the cheaper route and get an AMD R9 290x which should be just as good for MO.
DIE_by_SCI-FI Jan 26 @ 10:44am 
Originally posted by ReticulatingSplines:
You'll be wanting 16 gigs of ram and at least 3 gigs of dedicated video memory for the flawless visuals. It's worth it, too. One of those NVIDIA 780GTX Ti cards will do the trick or you can go the cheaper route and get an AMD R9 290x which should be just as good for MO.
i play in mo on my old Asus M50VM laptop with Core 2 Duo, 3 Gb Ram and NVidia 9600GM - all normal. Yes, graphic not excellent, but very nice.
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50