This game has been Greenlit by the Community!

The community has shown their interest in this game. Valve has reached out to this developer to start moving things toward release on Steam.

Mortal Online: The Awakening
Maximilious Feb 15, 2013 @ 3:21am
Free2Try Pay2Win Facts Here Please Read :)
Hey guys, good I got your attention.

I played MO back in the day during betas and after released, it was a new type of game for me and I enjoyed. I stopped playing because life as a solo player can be extremely difficult (back then) and I just recently got back. I want this game to be successful so I am going to tell you the truth (or what I think it's the truth about the game)

First of all, it is not free to play. This by all standards is a Free 2 Try game, where you can go around the world, try some things and then hit in the face with a skill cap of 60 (you have a total of 1100 primary skills used for your character such as archery, taming, armor training, etc... and each has a limit of 100) so, as you can tell from this your Free 2 Try character will get facerolled by someone who say have all their skills maxed out.

I do however think that this game can be very successful in the f2p business, following the style which Path of Exile has taken. Over there their cash shop offers you absolutely no advanges over anybody except the fact that it makes the game more enjoyable for you or your friends by adding things like weapon effects, animations, pets, bank slots, character slots, etc.

I am currently subbed to MO, because I wanted to try all the new features that has been added to the game, and boy have they added a lot, I encourage anybody to please try out this game if you are sick and tired of MMOs with old boring rotation based skills, smash hitting hotbars and the such. If you like skyrim, or any of the elder scrolls games try it out... you might like it. If the sub has to stay in the game I would recommend a much lower price around 5-7 dollars plus the included cash shop I adviced.

Hope this helps any of you fellas.
Last edited by Maximilious; Feb 15, 2013 @ 3:25am
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
< >
GamerGoblin Jun 10, 2013 @ 8:42am 
Agreed to the fullest
Lemur Jun 27, 2013 @ 7:52am 
So you never heard of Jack of all trades Master of none? you have just as many points to spend on skills as anyone else, you just cannot specialize as much. who cares.

In total disagreement here. Not only can you compete in F2P, you can win. Free to play Mage/Tamer is the way to go. I'm relatively new to the game, but I've finished the build and it works well. the major disadvantage is speed, baring that, you'll still kill with the best of them.

its tough to build a F2P platform on an existing monthly subscription game, and I think they should be commended for trying. What most people who are very picky about this kind of thing are missing is this: Without F2P, you would have a far less populated world. Young people and students may find P2P intimidating, and so in order to appeal to them, you will have to have something like this. just be glad this isn't LoL where new slightly overpowered content is added just to get people to go "wow! i want that" only to have it nerfed 3-6 months later. overpower/nerf cycle is the only way to get people to buy stuff. would you prefer that?
Last edited by Lemur; Jun 27, 2013 @ 7:54am
RonStoppableZ Jul 3, 2013 @ 3:44pm 
indeed this is most certainly pay to win system .
honestly for a free player to beat a payed player , the paid playerr has to either be AFK or really just suck that bad .
Elo Jul 3, 2013 @ 9:25pm 
Agreed to the fullest
MAG Jul 16, 2013 @ 8:11am 
Good!
Dusty Weekend atlast.... Sep 7, 2013 @ 2:01am 
No cash shops please, i dont see the point in this. This is a conquest based pvp game where cash shops doesnt belong.
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50