Тази игра получи зелена светлина от общността.

Общността показа интереса си към играта. Valve са се свързали с този разработчик, за да се придвижи излизането ѝ в Steam.

Mortal Online: The Awakening
ololo 19 декември 2012 в 4:51след.
Pros and Cons of MO
Hello everyone, I've been playing MO since release and have had a lot of fun with it. However there are some quick Pros and Cons I wish to try to outline for you all.

Pros:

-group play

This game is amazing with a group. If you have a group, and set a goal you'll have endless fun. The politics in this game keep things interesting.

-Swing based combat

Tt was rather new when it came out, now days we have Chivalry, little known fact is that the makers of Chivalry worked with SV to devolop the swing system.

-Huge world

A ton of fun to just explore, a decent ammount of hidden dungeons to be found and explored

===================================

Cons:

-Solo play after awhile can get boring, or uneventful.

-updates, the last enviormental update added 1 dungeon, and some ants that dont even fit in. So I'd say updates are a bit lacking as their true program is forced to re-write old code.

-Support, when you can get a GM or counselor they are generally nice and quick to help, however sometimes they have their hands tied due to not wanting to effect the game's economy. Also, there will be gaps during prime play time, saturday you have work off and want to play and build a house with your engineer? Nope...he's going to be stuck in a hole(a bug) for 4 hours.

-Grievers, the CEO believes that this is a playstyle, as such instead of trying to balance the game to be fun for all, he ignores the complaints, and claims this game is hardcore. Yah, there should be means to harass people, but equal means to fight back.

Показване на 1-8 от 8 коментара
< >
Paratus  [разработчик] 19 декември 2012 в 5:02след. 
We've added several new places since Awakening, we only don't advertise doing so to leave it up to explorers after patches.
ololo 19 декември 2012 в 6:37след. 
95% of the world remains the same, most games after a few years will have released some new areas. We released Tindrem, which to be honest isn't pratical at all. There are some great looking things in there, but the city planning was poorly designed, and I'd compare it to a bunch of legos thrown into a tub.

Dont get me wrong Paratus, I know the work that is being done and think its impressive that so little people can do so much. However that doesn't change the fact that you're competing with other games, and what they give us is much more than what MO has given for the price. We're here to be customers, not sponsors.
Goron 19 декември 2012 в 7:06след. 
new areas would mean a bigger world which is not a smart idea (playerbase, TC etc). tindrem had some problem but it's nice after all (opinions, i'm not questioning yours).
again you are simply expressing your personal opinion, most of the games aroud can't offer most of the things mortal can already show you (full loot, TC, deep crafting, pvp, housing, free skill progression etc). are you talking about bugs? they are present, not much, not huge ones (not now at least) but yeah, they exist. are they enough to ruin the game? many thinks not. you're free to choose, but don't simply tell everyone mortal is worse than other games, it's unfair and not true for many of us that want to play it and to support it.
Slapshot1188 19 декември 2012 в 7:17след. 
Първоначално публикувано от ololo:
95% of the world remains the same, most games after a few years will have released some new areas. We released Tindrem, which to be honest isn't pratical at all. There are some great looking things in there, but the city planning was poorly designed, and I'd compare it to a bunch of legos thrown into a tub.

Dont get me wrong Paratus, I know the work that is being done and think its impressive that so little people can do so much. However that doesn't change the fact that you're competing with other games, and what they give us is much more than what MO has given for the price. We're here to be customers, not sponsors.

How can that be? StarVault's CEO promised that the only reason Tindrem wasn't released 2.5 years ago when the game launched was that they were working to make it revolutionary and something never before seen in an MMO. It was going to be so big and so full of life that you could spend your entire online playing time in it and never get bored.

This company still hasn't even delivered FUNCTIONAL DISCS to people that bought the boxed version of the game years ago. They sold people discs and all updates freely delivered at launch, but never EVER delivered those discs. That was a total misrepresentation and outright ripoff. If a company cannot even deliver discs to the people they sold them to (after 2.5 years) they do not deserve another dollar.
ololo 19 декември 2012 в 8:39след. 
"you're free to choose, but don't simply tell everyone mortal is worse than other games, it's unfair and not true for many of us that want to play it and to support it."

Very true, with a free trial I dont see why anyone would just take our opinions. I recomend everyone jump into the game and try it out for themselves.

=======================

As far as bugs effecting my game play go, there are still stuck points, and if there is no counselor online you're stuck. The /stuck command doesn't work. If they're able to design a whole dungeon, then why not put a invisible wall over some of these stuck points to prevent players from falling into them(small patches, on the most common stuck points).

I've recomended this, and have gone so far as to log stuck points for them, they didn't patch any of them. They did change a little bit how position is calculated, and changed size, but still no patches over stuck points. I will say good job though on mounts following, they somewhat fixed mounts from getting stuck on hills.

(example of a few: Batki roof, behind meduli chair, jungle camp waterfall, behind grocer in bakti, by the large meator behind bakti...etc. ) List can go on, and 100's of people have been stuck there. Anyone with common sense would think fix the source of the problem, not our dear leader though, he pushes on with new features and hypes them up.

========================
Svarrog 20 декември 2012 в 2:00сут. 
Първоначално публикувано от Goron:
But don't simply tell everyone mortal is worse than other games, it's unfair and not true for many of us that want to play it and to support it.
How is stating a different opinion of a product "unfair"?
Ultimo Dragon 20 декември 2012 в 2:23сут. 
Edited for violating rules.
Goron 20 декември 2012 в 7:38сут. 
Първоначално публикувано от ololo:
"you're free to choose, but don't simply tell everyone mortal is worse than other games, it's unfair and not true for many of us that want to play it and to support it."

Very true, with a free trial I dont see why anyone would just take our opinions. I recomend everyone jump into the game and try it out for themselves.

=======================

As far as bugs effecting my game play go, there are still stuck points, and if there is no counselor online you're stuck. The /stuck command doesn't work. If they're able to design a whole dungeon, then why not put a invisible wall over some of these stuck points to prevent players from falling into them(small patches, on the most common stuck points).

I've recomended this, and have gone so far as to log stuck points for them, they didn't patch any of them. They did change a little bit how position is calculated, and changed size, but still no patches over stuck points. I will say good job though on mounts following, they somewhat fixed mounts from getting stuck on hills.

(example of a few: Batki roof, behind meduli chair, jungle camp waterfall, behind grocer in bakti, by the large meator behind bakti...etc. ) List can go on, and 100's of people have been stuck there. Anyone with common sense would think fix the source of the problem, not our dear leader though, he pushes on with new features and hypes them up.

========================

yeah the stuck point are a problem that have always been present in the game (they were worse in the past but that's not an excuse). i agree that they are a problem that needs to be solved as soon as possible.
Показване на 1-8 от 8 коментара
< >
На страница: 15 30 50