This game has been Greenlit by the Community!

The community has shown their interest in this game. Valve has reached out to this developer to start moving things toward release on Steam.

Mortal Online: The Awakening
Michael May 5, 2013 @ 1:26am
Will This game Canle Some of thier restrictions once they launch on steam and get more players
My problem is not being to get past 60 i know there needs to be some restrictions. but will they cancel the ones that affect gameplay and pvp thats really all i want in this game. im definatly going to give this game a try but if the restrictions are really bad than i wont play it for long.
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
< >
Knuckey May 8, 2013 @ 11:14pm 
Game is terrible, they could pay people to play it and it will still die. Broken mechanics 3 years after release. The 2 coders who have made the game are terrible and continue to pile more broken systems on top of old ones.

Amazing idea, worst execution I've ever seen.
Nic May 10, 2013 @ 5:54am 
It's actually not bad lmao.. It's fun, community is good when they're not cutting your head off. They probably won't cancel some restrictions due to income... They are indie, and don't have piles of cash, so they'll need the money. However they aren't like the WarZ idiots, these guys will actually spend the subs money on stuff for Mortal. It can only get better.
Fizzdar May 10, 2013 @ 3:13pm 
I don't understand why they don't remove the 60 stat caps, but keep the Expensive-Item caps.

I mean, it'd entice people to play the game more, knowing they have a chance against the people that kill them and everything else in the game. I'm all for say, the higher tiers of armor being locked and whatnot though.

Think of they opened two Worlds, one for PVP and one for PVE. It wouldn't take a ♥♥♥♥ on what Mortal Online was "promised" to be, but it'd make it appeal to a much, MUCH wider crowd.

There are so many things they can do with it, but they simply don't.
Gamefreak2998 May 21, 2013 @ 6:04pm 
IMO you should all shut up and deal with it, want to get to cap skills? Better items? Subscribe! and do note I am a F2P player so I do know what you mean, use that to your advantage!
Lemur Jun 27, 2013 @ 8:12am 
Originally posted by Fizzdar:
Think of they opened two Worlds, one for PVP and one for PVE. It wouldn't take a ♥♥♥♥ on what Mortal Online was "promised" to be, but it'd make it appeal to a much, MUCH wider crowd.
screw the much wider crowd. i guess you don't know much about history: ultima did this, and it sucked. the whole point of this game is an exercise in two things: risk vs reward, and the social contract.

if you remove the risk of doing something, then where is the fun? things are always more rewarding, when it isn't a sure thing. that's why wow with its huge population must constantly pump out new content for its people, since the actual game is as boring as chicken noodle soup... without new content where will they get their excitement from? we get it from not being safe all the time. we get our fun from the adrenalin rush when you run your butt off avoiding a trap.

The way people act in this game, the PKs, the griefers, that is sure part of it. Yet, there are people who decide among themselves that the sadness of getting PK'd is so much worse than the joy of PKing, that they band together and try to help each other even though the game wouldn't prevent them from doing so. That's a really cool thing to think about. They weren't forced by the game to be nice and friendly and back each other up, they're doing it out of common interest. Kinda like real life?

also you can compete with F2P: you have as many skill points as everyone else, you just cant specialize as much. I would argue if you havent figured out how to be competitive, you probably wouldn't be any more so with deeper skill investment... just saying.
Last edited by Lemur; Jun 27, 2013 @ 8:16am
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50