This game is now available on Steam!

Thanks for your help in getting this game selected for distribution via Steam. More information including a link to the Steam store page can be found below.

CONSORTIUM
Interdimensional Games  [developer] Mar 21, 2013 @ 1:27pm
There is much more to share...
What aspects intrigued you the most? We're all still deep in development and at this point we are very much interested in feedback and in knowing what you want to know more about.
Showing 1-12 of 12 comments
< >
changefor5bucks Mar 21, 2013 @ 2:06pm 
One thing that really interests me is how your actions affect the world and characters around you. In the video there was an example of how a character acts depending on whether they like you or not. I'm just curious as to how in depth the system is. Will the characters reactions depend on how much they like/hate you like in the sense that a character will react differently if he only likes you a little bit as opposed to liking you a lot, or is it more black and white in that they either like you or hate you and their actions are based on that?
Last edited by changefor5bucks; Mar 21, 2013 @ 2:07pm
Interdimensional Games  [developer] Mar 22, 2013 @ 11:38am 
The system is quite powerful. Each character essentially has a scale. "Hate, unfriendly, neutral, friendly, ally" are the general catagories, and depending where they fall on that sprectrum, they will treat you differently. In addition, characters can and will remember specific things you said or did, and may refer to those actions later.
changefor5bucks Mar 23, 2013 @ 12:55pm 
That sounds awesome, Thank you for your response. So far this game looks incredibly intriguing and its cool to know how detailed some of the game's mechanics really are. I'm definitely gonna drop some cash on the kickstarter and I look forward to what the game has to offer.
Interdimensional Games  [developer] Mar 23, 2013 @ 8:04pm 
Thank-you!! I promise that you will not be disappointed. We're all super passionate, driven and are dedicated to making this game the absolute BEST it can be, and we really crave everyone's input, now that we're getting close to the finish line...
Last edited by Interdimensional Games; Mar 23, 2013 @ 8:05pm
Dizzard Mar 25, 2013 @ 4:34pm 
So I've read about the bishop six alignment....but I'm wondering if there is an obvious change in relations between other crew members depending on your actions? So if somebody hates you they might start disliking people who really like you or support you. (Guilty by association)

Also is it possible to walk in on other crew members having a conversation without you?

There's something else that has really confused me. The passage of time. You say there will be no time skips but how is that possible? Is the game played over the course of a day? If it isn't then doesn't your character need to sleep (which would cause a time skip) or do they stay awake constantly?

In other games you could just assume that sleep took place at some point between the time you lost control and the time you regained control.

Last edited by Dizzard; Mar 25, 2013 @ 4:36pm
Interdimensional Games  [developer] Mar 26, 2013 @ 4:56pm 
@Dizzard:

RE: others changing relationships with each other based on your actions. There is a little of this going on, yes.

RE: "Also is it possible to walk in on other crew members having a conversation without you? " Most definitely YES - we have plenty of conversations between the crew members that trigger independantly of where the player is or what they are doing.

RE: time passage: The game DOES take place over one very intense day, yes. In addition, however, you WILL get the chance to sleep (triggering an interactive dream...). A future "stretch goal" we have planned is to allow the player to sleep whenever they want to and trigger the passage of time, to skip content you might have already experienced many times, for enhancing re-playability.
ActWon Apr 1, 2013 @ 11:43am 
I've been one of those players clamoring for gameplay that seamlessly gels with the story, better characterization, diverse casts, and more thoughtful usage of violence (or straight-up diplomacy!). I put my money where my mouth is last night on the Consortium Kickstarter page--good luck!

I'm wondering about the scale of the ship compartments, since we're going to spend a lot of time in it. Is it at least going to have as many rooms as the Normandy from Mass Effect?

Also, I hope there aren't any insta-hate bugs in the final release! I have bad memories of Fallout, where a "slightly annoyed" sheriff = shooting at me when I tried to protect him during the assassination attempt.
Interdimensional Games  [developer] Apr 1, 2013 @ 1:48pm 
Thank-you Memphis!! It sounds like CONSORTIUM will indeed be "right up your alley". The ship feels quite huge when you're walking around it, and actually technically ZENLIL has more rooms, detail and MUUCH more interactivity than Mass Effect's Normandy. Wtih the success of our Kickstarter campaign, we will be subjecting the game to extensive play-testing and bug fixing - we are dedicated to launching the game in an extremely polished and as bug free as humanly possible.
cgngreenbadass007 Apr 24, 2013 @ 11:33am 
the fact every decision you make changes the game entirely
balinsky Jul 19, 2013 @ 9:30pm 
I like the ability to change people's behavior. I'm looking forward to playing.
ђ๏lltђยlђย Jul 21, 2013 @ 8:29pm 
I'm very interested in this game. I'm also very interested in the changing picture with symbols behind the guy speaking in the first trailer for the game. I'm probably late on what it is, but I'm sure it's some kind of code to say something! :o
Interdimensional Games  [developer] Jul 27, 2013 @ 2:52pm 
ђ๏lltђยlђย -- Yes, it is.....
Showing 1-12 of 12 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50