¡Este juego está ahora disponible en Steam!

Gracias por ayudar a que este juego sea seleccionado para su distribución en Steam. Abajo puedes encontrar más información, incluyendo un enlace a la tienda de Steam.

Captain Morgane and The Golden Turtle
Benji_Reef  [desarrollador] 10 de Dic, 2012 a las 9:03
Steve Ince - Steam Gamer Q&A Open
Please let us know your questions for Steve Ince in this thread. He will be getting back to us with his answers later on this week.

As well as Captain Morgane, Steve is the man behind some of the greatest stories in gaming - he counts Beneath a Steel Sky, Broken Sword, So Blonde and many others amongst his credits.

If you are a fan of adventure games or games writing in general don't miss this chance to consult one of the best and most experienced.

You can check out more on Steve on his official web-page here: www.steve-ince.co.uk

If you have a question let us know : )
Mostrando 1-15 de 17 comentarios
< >
Vitrix 10 de Dic, 2012 a las 12:43 
I always wondered how studio's like you guys go to work when start to create a funny point & click game like captain morgane. How do you come up with al those funny jokes / puzzles and place them in te story of the game. Are they always planned from the start or do they sometimes come when someone wants to play a joke with another worker or something like that?
Benji_Reef  [desarrollador] 10 de Dic, 2012 a las 13:09 
Thanks Vitrix :) will get this answered for you by Steve tomorrow.
steve 11 de Dic, 2012 a las 1:47 
Hi Vitrix.
With an adventure game it's always best to develop the story and gameplay in parallel so that the details grow with each iteration. This means that opportunities for puzzles and humour present themselves within the context of the game and relate to the situations the characters find themselves in. Humour rarely comes from wanting to play jokes on other people within the team because they must fit the game's scenario.

Best,
Steve
totaldouchebag 12 de Dic, 2012 a las 11:13 
Hello Steve, thanks for taking the time out to answer some questions.

I was just wondering with Captain Morgane, obviously you're writing a strong, independent female character and I was wondering from a male perspective, how does writing a main female character change your particular writing style and if so, what advice would you give to those also wishing to follow suit with writing a female protagonist? (if any)

Final question would be what do you have to account for when writing for an interactive game instead of more "traditional" methods such as a novel/screenplay? How do you challenge the idea of making a story as engaging as possible but at the same time having interactivity a strong focus, too?

Thanks so much in advance.
Benji_Reef  [desarrollador] 13 de Dic, 2012 a las 7:16 
@total♥♥♥♥♥♥bag thanks for the message ^^, we'll ask Steve to answer now.
steve 13 de Dic, 2012 a las 7:35 
Hi total♥♥♥♥♥♥bag,
(it seems wrong calling you that when you asked such a good question)

Writing any good character comes from observing and listening to people in the real world and defining the character well before writing. When a character is defined properly, particularly in the way he or she relates to other characters, the dialogue comes naturally and you know when things are right and wrong. Taken this way, there is little difference in writing for male or female characters. If I don't feel a character's dialogue is working I often need to go back to character to work on the details more. The better picture I have of a character the easier they sit in my mind as separate from the others.

Some of the fundamental basics of storytelling remain the same but there are things we can do in games that are impossible to do in other media. But other media have more control over pacing, drama and conflict. It's not that one approach or medium is better than others, just that they are different.
I always like to develop stories and character interactions with the player in mind. As a game writer I'm trying to give the player a great entertainment experience and allow for them not playing the game in the order I might expect. So if one player talks to A before B and another player talks to B before A, I have to ensure that both work in a valid manner. I like developing those "what-ifs" as I work on the story and dialogue because there are ways to explore different character interactions in subtle ways.

I hope that helps.

Best,
Steve
Benji_Reef  [desarrollador] 20 de Dic, 2012 a las 5:11 
Hi Le_schtroumpf_S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - did you mean to delete this? We can still get some answers for you.
Última edición por Benji_Reef; 20 de Dic, 2012 a las 5:11
Le_schtroumpf_S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 21 de Dic, 2012 a las 0:44 
Hello !

Well, i wasn't sure about my questions. But eventually i would like to know if
you plan to build a trilogy (as a few point&click games are trilogy) after Captain Morgan ?

Have you ever imagined a story with alternative endings for a point&click game ? We do not find
them in point&click games

Thanks.

Best regards.
Benji_Reef  [desarrollador] 21 de Dic, 2012 a las 1:08 
Thanks very much, we'll ask Steve to answer this ^^
steve 21 de Dic, 2012 a las 2:44 
I'd love to write a whole series of Captain Morgane games and even have an idea lined up for the next one. So far, however, I haven't been asked to write another so a little gentle pressure on the publisher and developer might help. :)

There were subtly different endings in the So Blonde game which depended on things you collected during the game and the choices made towards the end.
WaRrIoR Retirado 28 de May, 2013 a las 11:14 
:P
Saladinox 15 de Jul, 2013 a las 11:59 
:P
Friekburg 22 de Oct, 2013 a las 13:51 
Sólo por la chica ya lo compraría...
Kidney 30 de Nov, 2013 a las 8:44 
goodluck
John Snow 6 de Ene a las 4:46 
Any chance for releasing So blonde (via steam)?
Mostrando 1-15 de 17 comentarios
< >
Por página: 15 30 50