This is a concept or project early in development

This item is here to gather feedback from the potential customers and begin building a community. If you like this project, feel free to rate it or favorite it. The voting here serves only to give the developer data and reactions and doesn't work toward getting the game distributed on Steam.

The Dead End
RAD☢happy Jan 1, 2013 @ 7:18pm
What type of zombie game is this?
The description does not really give me an understanding of what type of zombie game this is.
Is it a basic hack/slash such as "Dead Island", a game which has objectives to go from A-B like "Left for Dead", or does it focus on the basic need of human survival similar to the "DayZ" mod for "Arma 2"?
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
< >
ChrisJets  [developer] Jan 3, 2013 @ 6:51am 
Well Mc War-Happy™

We are currently working on a new discription towards The Dead End (TDE), becuase of changes towards the script. So I can't give you any information at the current point in time, but I will update you as soon as we are finished, and ready to release information.

Also, keep checking our website[thedeadendgame.co.uk] becuase we will be updating our site some point during January - where you will be able to find sneak peaks and early storyline previews!.
Last edited by ChrisJets; Jan 3, 2013 @ 6:52am
RAD☢happy Jan 3, 2013 @ 2:14pm 
That is nice to know, though it doesn't answer my question. I'm just asking the type of gameplay, not the storyline.
ChrisJets  [developer] Jan 3, 2013 @ 2:26pm 
Well with recently me being into a lot of zombie dramas and games (eg, walking dead, dead island, etc) before I even played, watched them we had the script and now its looksing like a cross between say, dead island (game) + walking dead (tv show) + left4dead (game)
Hellone Feb 2, 2013 @ 5:29pm 
hi my englisch is not so good so i say sry for wrong worts. i love slow zombies 1 is not a problem but 2-3 are danger i hope they not can faster run as me
ChrisJets  [developer] Feb 3, 2013 @ 10:29am 
Well we are working on making the zombies run, but not as fast as the player can, but becuase zombies are ment to be stupid, they can trip up on themselves at a random chance within the game.

We are planning
inferno986return May 23, 2013 @ 1:56pm 
I would love some clarification too on the approach that TDE will have. Is it an FPS game like L4D, Killing Floor or Dead Island or is it TPS like Resident Evil, Dead Rising or Fallout (Bethesda's versions of Fallout)?

Does it use full-fledged 3D graphics?

What game engine are you using? Is it UDK or Unity or something custom built?
ChrisJets  [developer] May 24, 2013 @ 7:48am 
We are currently raising funds to buy a license for the commercial license of unreal technology, but currently working on content within the UDK for commercial advertisement and alpha builds.
inferno986return May 24, 2013 @ 9:01am 
Thanks for the clarification.

UDK is a good choice of you have cash together and aren't afraid of learning/using of a programming language exclusive to it. I look forward to seeing the builds.
Last edited by inferno986return; May 24, 2013 @ 9:02am
ChrisJets  [developer] May 24, 2013 @ 2:22pm 
We are also additionally adding PhysX systems into the engine.

Where it will be used on the zombies structure, to give us dynamic:
  • peeling flesh;
  • dripping blood;
  • other features to be confirmed.

We are also going to bring in some features of dynamic damage systems to the game also.
Last edited by ChrisJets; May 24, 2013 @ 2:23pm
ChrisJets  [developer] May 24, 2013 @ 2:25pm 
We are also currently producing a .pdf file to the public to tell them the upcoming features that we are planning on this game, so keep checking http://www.thedeadendgame.co.uk.
inferno986return May 24, 2013 @ 3:07pm 
You seem like you are really going for detail and quality here. Something I am looking forward too. Though being PhysX, I imagine a lot of the heavily-detailed stuff I'll never see as a person who games on old ATI cards.

I'll keep an eye out for the .pdf and I'll see what I make of it.
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50