This is a concept or project early in development

This item is here to gather feedback from the potential customers and begin building a community. If you like this project, feel free to rate it or favorite it. The voting here serves only to give the developer data and reactions and doesn't work toward getting the game distributed on Steam.

The Dead End
ChrisJets  [developer] Dec 7, 2012 @ 1:56pm
What would you like to see in a zombie game?
We would like to see what you would like to see what you'd want to have in a zombie game!
It can be anything, you've always wanted, becuase we'd love to hear your opinions.

Any ideas used will recieve prices or a free copy of the game.
Showing 1-15 of 19 comments
< >
Mrwhoever Dec 9, 2012 @ 8:42am 
Just a few idea's and i'm going to buy the game if or when it comes out because its a really cool idea,

> dismemberment
> Next to no gun's so you can improvise with the mat's around you
> Tea Flasks
> walking zombies.
Munchyman Dec 9, 2012 @ 7:41pm 
along those lines also add enough quests and side quest so there is alot to do and less chance of being bored. adding a multiplayer is always great also being able to craft weapons or have upgrade points or a money system would be great.
Originally posted by MrWhoever:
Just a few idea's and i'm going to buy the game if or when it comes out because its a really cool idea,

> dismemberment
> Next to no gun's so you can improvise with the mat's around you
> Tea Flasks
> walking zombies.
ChrisJets  [developer] Dec 10, 2012 @ 11:20am 
Thanks for your support!
We will try and add them into our final product for you.

We are currently debating whether we should at multiplayer and delay the release day furture (TBC, prob 2-4 years away) or bring it out in a big free DLC Package, with more campain with the addition of multiplayer.

We also already decided the game, to use anything you can find around you as a weapon, towards the zombies and rebals in the game. So for example, say if you was stuck in a office and a zombie was after you, and all you could find was say a keyboard and a pen, you could you both to attach and stun the zombie.

And also thanks for helping making the game more of a community project!
Also join our steam group for more regular updates and discussions!

Originally posted by ajeragon90:
along those lines also add enough quests and side quest so there is alot to do and less chance of being bored. adding a multiplayer is always great also being able to craft weapons or have upgrade points or a money system would be great.

Originally posted by MrWhoever:
Just a few idea's and i'm going to buy the game if or when it comes out because its a really cool idea,

> dismemberment
> Next to no gun's so you can improvise with the mat's around you
> Tea Flasks
> walking zombies.
Pea$e Dec 11, 2012 @ 11:38pm 
Stealth ways
Bosses
crafting
and like upgrading weapons by random stuff around you (bit like the addeding mods in dead island i dont now alot about copyright so i hope you do but as far as i know it shouldnt be a problem
RAD☢happy Dec 20, 2012 @ 5:03am 
Amunition should be scarse, kicking and killing down zombies with your bare hands is also pretty fun, different take-downs (final blows), uninfected enemies (psychos), equipment (nightvision, grappling hook, etc.).

Also not directed towards actual zombies and combat, the area within the game should have various anomalies and hazards that the characters must avoid by simply seeing them or by sensing various changes in the environment. Such as a large swarm of infected insects is hearding towards you and you can notice their approach simply by the sound of them and the look of a black looking "cloud/mist" heading your way, of which the character must hide indoors or by going under a vehicle.
ChrisJets  [developer] Dec 20, 2012 @ 1:06pm 
Well, the games story line is getting based around a horde of zombies pushing around the map into different areas of the map where there is dangers, but also goals towards it,
For example; there is a school and during that checkpoint, you after clear the school making it safe for you and your teams mates, to attempt to wait out the horde and survive.

Originally posted by Mc War-Happy™: Animating:
Amunition should be scarse, kicking and killing down zombies with your bare hands is also pretty fun, different take-downs (final blows), uninfected enemies (psychos), equipment (nightvision, grappling hook, etc.).

Also not directed towards actual zombies and combat, the area within the game should have various anomalies and hazards that the characters must avoid by simply seeing them or by sensing various changes in the environment. Such as a large swarm of infected insects is hearding towards you and you can notice their approach simply by the sound of them and the look of a black looking "cloud/mist" heading your way, of which the character must hide indoors or by going under a vehicle.
(NVC)pledgedspy Jan 1, 2013 @ 6:20am 
some sort of trading point to trade found items and rare missions idea to get exclusive items that nowhere in the game can be found further maybe a transport of some sort to avoid miles and miles of walking without running into something
and i always like the idea killing zombies with items like swords, huge axes, molotovs, grenades you get the idea of killing zombies
ChrisJets  [developer] Feb 3, 2013 @ 10:31am 
We are currently developing cars at the moment into the game.

But may not require a car in most missions.
R Freemont Feb 11, 2013 @ 2:20am 
While I like the idea of the game I was wondering if a 3rd person over the shoulder kind of option would be available, makes the game more tense if you can see your character in the game.
ChrisJets  [developer] Feb 11, 2013 @ 9:23am 
We are planning to give the player the ability to decide which voice he/she would prefer
AdamWaatson Mar 19, 2013 @ 2:55pm 
I would like the zombies to be like the ones in Dead Island, so you can break their bones and other things so its not just them being dead or alive. Incapacitation?
ChrisJets  [developer] Mar 21, 2013 @ 3:00pm 
Yea we was already planning on bodily decapitation hit detection
AdamWaatson Mar 23, 2013 @ 6:00pm 
Any ideas when this game will have an alpha build or anything? Sounds awesome from what I've seen so far
ChrisJets  [developer] Mar 24, 2013 @ 5:29am 
No, but we are currently setting up an Early Access website (not via steam’s “new project”, yet) but through our own site, and it will help people see progress of the game and upcoming events and releases. And it will also bring the steam and other communities together to help out with this game project, with it always being a community built game.

I will give some information out about the game; currently we have no full build of the game, whilst we are: still developing areas of the script and modelling. We have started game mapping but still awaiting approval if we can use unreals gaming engine

And we are happy to see and notice your excitement towards the game and we thank you!
Has Gabe Newell always says "Hopefully it will be worth the wait".
More information will be published in the future about the games progress.

-Christopher

Also at the point of an Alpha or Beta build, The Dead End will be published onto the Greenlight's greenlit approval pages, not concept.
AdamWaatson Mar 24, 2013 @ 10:46am 
Oh cool(:
Showing 1-15 of 19 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50