Tato hra je nyní dostupná ve službě Steam!

Děkujeme za vaši pomoc, díky které byla tato hra vybrána pro distribuci ve službě Steam. Více informací a odkaz na stránku hry v obchodě lze nalézt níže.

Tiny Barbarian DX
Nicholas Steel 3. říj. 2013 v 2.32 dop.
Seems like the game dislikes Triple Buffering
Edit: Not a Triple buffer issue.
--------------------------------------------------

If I enable it in the Nvidia Control Panel it causes the game to intermittently stutter for a period of time every so often. Or at least I think it is the cause of it, disabling Aero/DWM/Compositor and/or running as an Administrator didn't resolve it yet changing that one setting in Nvidia Control Panel let me play for an extended amount of time without issue.

- Windows 7 Service Pack 1 x64
- i7 920 CPU
- ASUS P6T Motherboard
- Gainward Geforce 560Ti Phantom2 (314.22 drivers. Configured to never ever downclock from 3D clocks)
- 6GB DDR3 1600MHZ RAM
- Auzentech XFI Forte Soundcard

- Xbox360 Controller (Wired)
- Logitech Precision controller (Not the one with analog sticks. This one is configured as the preferred controller in Windows and is the one detected/used while playing.)

- Virtually all power saving settings in the BIOS and Windows are disabled (I tell Windows to turn off the display after 15 minutes of inactivity, every other power saving mode is disabled including C1E and such in the BIOS)

- Confirmed that all hardware components aren't overheating
- No overclocking of any components aside from the automated Intel Turbo mode for the CPU
- Other games/software work fine
Naposledy upravil Nicholas Steel; 3. říj. 2013 v 8.33 odp.
Zobrazeno 15 z 5 komentářů
< >
gsilverfish  [vývojář] 3. říj. 2013 v 8.42 dop. 
Interesting, we'll have to take a look at that one. When you got it to run with Triple Buffering disabled, did the problem ever come back?

Have you also tried turning on or off the V-Sync in options?
Nicholas Steel 3. říj. 2013 v 9.37 dop. 
With Aero enabled the Vsync option in the game had no effect on negating the stutter, I haven't tested Vsync Off with Aero also disabled (I'd expect to experience excessive screen tear which is why I haven't bothered testing this. I typically play all games with Vsync enabled).

It actually seems as though I was simply lucky in getting a good playthrough immediatly after disabling Triple Buffer, leading me to the false assumption that Triple buffering was the issue (I should have tested multiple game sessions to properly determine if it really was resolved, but I didn't think of it at the time and/or am naturally lazy ._.).

The problem remains even with Triple Buffer disabled, it seems sometimes when I play the problem simply never manifests while other times it does.

I've added my specs to the above post.

Edit: Going to go to bed quite soon.
Naposledy upravil Nicholas Steel; 3. říj. 2013 v 10.05 dop.
gsilverfish  [vývojář] 3. říj. 2013 v 12.24 odp. 
I've sent you an email regarding a test build of the game to see if it fixes this problem. Sorry if I didn't get back to you before going to bed!
Nicholas Steel 3. říj. 2013 v 8.20 odp. 
The test build appears to be a great success! Thanks for helping :)

Edit: I'd respond to your final email but aside from a simple Thanks, I'm not sure how to reply to it that doesn't sound dumb lol.
Naposledy upravil Nicholas Steel; 3. říj. 2013 v 8.35 odp.
gsilverfish  [vývojář] 4. říj. 2013 v 10.19 dop. 
No worries, I'm glad we got a fix! We'll be looking into the screen saver thing as well (your patience is appreciated!)
Zobrazeno 15 z 5 komentářů
< >
Na stránku: 15 30 50