This game is now available on Steam!

Thanks for your help in getting this game selected for distribution via Steam. More information including a link to the Steam store page can be found below.

Darkfall Unholy Wars
(Rage)Gonzo Dec 10, 2012 @ 9:12pm
[NA]Awful Company Taking Recruits (Youve seen the rest Join the BEST)
The Orginal War Machine of Darkfall Is back for round 2 Message me in steam and join my group Darkfall Unholywars if you are interested in joining. to sign up for our forums go to www.eq-ms.com. But make sure u add me on steam

What type of guild are we?
Whatever you want us to be mostly what we are about is PVP if you want to craft craft if you want to PVE PVE but what we are all about is PVP runs we garentee to be a big factor in this world and look to be a house hold name in darkfall once again.

I could go on and on but how bout you just add me to your steam list and pm me with any questions you may have.
Last edited by (Rage)Gonzo; Dec 12, 2012 @ 2:48pm
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
< >
(Rage)Gonzo Dec 10, 2012 @ 9:16pm 
Awful Company is a go. More info to come. Original Awful Company leaders are here if you need them.

Features

Massive PvP: A single non-instanced persistent server allows for thousands of players to take part in battles or sieges on land and sea.
Free Class System: You're not locked in to playing as a Warrior/Rogue/Mage like a typical MMO. You can swap (though on cooldown) between multiple roles with multiple specializations to fill or a role or your playstyle preference.
Full Loot: Read full access to pubby tears. Everything in your backpack and on your person is fair-game for all.
Persistence: Player-run cities and capture points providing bonuses are all over. Anything you do can affect the entire server. Capture a hamlet or expand an empire.

How is this improved from the original Darkfall Online?

Role/Specialization System: Choose a class and primary/secondary specializations with 30min cooldown.
Less Grind: 5 abilities per specialization, no mundane skill grind (run/swim/weight).
GUI: Completely redone. Less clutter, more fluid.
One Account: each account will be able to create a character on both NA and EU servers.
Static Movespeed: No running/swimming penalty by armor type.
Camera: Three different camera perspectives.
Lesser Magic: Castable by all roles, with any weapon equipped.
Clan Management: Clan rank based off performance, clan permissions set separately.
Progression/Achievement currencies.
No Limbo
Fast Travel: Moon Gate style travel has been added, as well as the map having been redisgned to be more compact. Mounts will not be available at release.
Market: Auction-house style in-game market in development. Not available at release.

Purchasing/Cost/Servers
Returning Darkfall Online players will not have to purchase a new client. You will however have to pay your subscription fee ($14.99?). There will be both EU and NA servers but players will be able to make characters on both without purchasing a separate client. DFUW will be available via Steam.

GUI
The GUI from Darkfall Online was horrendous. The UI has been completely redone. Here's some people talking about it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGfEF0bS6_Q

Market
There was talk of a Auction House style system for the game, but will not be in at release. More info needed here.

Playable Races
Race decision is taking even more of a backseat in this sequel. While taking into consideration visible size, varied hitboxes/reach, and letting the world know you were a furry were issues in the original game, all races have been modified to be roughly the same size now.

Role System/Classes
The old skill system has been scrapped for a new role system. Players can choose between 1 of 4 roles (warrior, skirmisher, elementalist, primalist) and choose two specializations (a primary and secondary) from those roles. Roles are not permanent and can be changed on a 30 minute cooldown. Every role has basic spells that can be cast with any weapon (think lesser magic, heals/transfers). The warrior is what you think it is, tankier character with close-range attacks. Skirmisher is your rogue and archer class. Elementalist can choose 2 of the 4 elements, so long as they don't conflict (fire and water for example). Primalist is stated to not be in at release, but looks to be your support/healer class.
(Rage)Gonzo Dec 10, 2012 @ 10:03pm 
(Rage)Gonzo Dec 11, 2012 @ 6:33am 
bump
Lordcool Dec 11, 2012 @ 9:10am 
I would like to join you man. I plan on getting it tomorrow when it launches. I sent a friend request.
(Rage)Gonzo Dec 12, 2012 @ 10:47am 
welcome
(Rage)Gonzo Dec 12, 2012 @ 2:47pm 
GET YA SOMMME
(Rage)Gonzo Dec 13, 2012 @ 1:26pm 
Peanut butter jelly time Peanut butter jelly Peanut butter jelly Peanut butter jelly and a base bat
(Rage)Gonzo Dec 14, 2012 @ 11:14am 
BOOM SHAKALAKA SHAKALAKA SHAKALAKA SHAKALAKA SHAKALAKA SHAKALAKA SHAKALAKA SHAKALAKA SHAKALAKA SHAKALAKA SHAKALAKA SHAKALAKA SHAKALAKA SHAKALAKA SHAKALAKA SHAKALAKA SHAKALAKA SHAKALAKA SHAKALAKA SHAKALAKA SHAKALAKA SHAKALAKA SHAKALAKA SHAKALAKA SHAKALAKA SHAKALAKA SHAKALAKA SHAKALAKA SHAKALAKA SHAKALAKA SHAKALAKA SHAKALAKA SHAKALAKA SHAKALAKA SHAKALAKA SHAKALAKA SHAKALAKA SHAKALAKA SHAKALAKA SHAKALAKA SHAKALAKA SHAKALAKA SHAKALAKA SHAKALAKA SHAKALAKA SHAKALAKA SHAKALAKA SHAKALAKA SHAKALAKA SHAKALAKA SHAKALAKA SHAKALAKA SHAKALAKA SHAKALAKA SHAKALAKA SHAKALAKA SHAKALAKA SHAKALAKA SHAKALAKA SHAKALAKA SHAKALAKA SHAKALAKA SHAKALAKA SHAKALAKA SHAKALAKA SHAKALAKA SHAKALAKA SHAKALAKA SHAKALAKA SHAKALAKA SHAKALAKA SHAKALAKA SHAKALAKA SHAKALAKA SHAKALAKA SHAKALAKA SHAKALAKA SHAKALAKA SHAKALAKA SHAKALAKA SHAKALAKA SHAKALAKA SHAKALAKA SHAKALAKA SHAKALAKA SHAKALAKA SHAKALAKA SHAKALAKA SHAKALAKA SHAKALAKA SHAKALAKA SHAKALAKA SHAKALAKA SHAKALAKA SHAKALAKA SHAKALAKA SHAKALAKA SHAKALAKA SHAKALAKA SHAKALAKA SHAKALAKA SHAKALAKA SHAKALAKA SHAKALAKA SHAKALAKA SHAKALAKA SHAKALAKA SHAKALAKA SHAKALAKA SHAKALAKA SHAKALAKA SHAKALAKA SHAKALAKA SHAKALAKA SHAKALAKA SHAKALAKA SHAKALAKA SHAKALAKA SHAKALAKA SHAKALAKA SHAKALAKA SHAKALAKA SHAKALAKA SHAKALAKA SHAKALAKA SHAKALAKA SHAKALAKA SHAKALAKA SHAKALAKA SHAKALAKA SHAKALAKA SHAKALAKA SHAKALAKA SHAKALAKA SHAKALAKA SHAKALAKA
(Rage)Gonzo Dec 14, 2012 @ 11:28pm 
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50