This game is now available on Steam!

Thanks for your help in getting this game selected for distribution via Steam. More information including a link to the Steam store page can be found below.

Darkfall Unholy Wars
[B@D]Aragon Nov 30, 2012 @ 11:02pm
Crafting will sadly continue to suck
One of the biggest flaws with DF1 was that everyone could make everything. Being a crafter is gonna be very, very boring since all can do anything. There is no need for the dedicated crafters in DF UW.

We the players interested in becoming a needed dedicated crafter havent got anything as earlier promised from Aventurine. It was just words. I like PvP alot but it is very sad that crafters didnt get their own class. Crafting should be it's own class, other's should be dependent on them for getting that good weapon and armor. That give a crafter some pride and a feel of being needed. As it is now there is no reason whatsoever to put alot of effort in becoming that topnotch crafter since everyone will be that crafter. A PvP endgame character will have endgame skills in for example making bows or armor. They wont have that broad spectra in crafting as a crafter that put alot of effort into crafting but they will make their own topnotch weapon and armor.

Aventurine informed us that they were gonna change crafting but now we can see that it will be the same crappy craftingsystem as Darkfall 1 had. Sad day for the crafters.
Showing 1-15 of 30 comments
< >
(Rage)Gonzo Dec 1, 2012 @ 7:07am 
not true you can only choose 2 skills in crafting meaning you will have to go to somone else to get alot of your stuff.
Alexander Dec 1, 2012 @ 12:22pm 
The only game that did crafting right was SWG. They had a great crafting system.
The Horrifically Insane Dump Dec 1, 2012 @ 1:08pm 
Originally posted by Feel it:
The only game that did crafting right was SWG. They had a great crafting system.

Damn straight. Most crafting systems in games are tacked on and a majority of them suck. SWG's crafting was an integral part of the game and was simply amazing to boot. Structures Trader that dealt in space loot was amazing to play even with the changes from NGE.

Even if you're only limited to two crafting skills, if the system hasn't changed from the original, it's still going to blow. Darkfall's crafting system was pretty bland and monotonous. It was actually pretty terrible.
Last edited by The Horrifically Insane Dump; Dec 1, 2012 @ 1:10pm
Clone Dec 1, 2012 @ 2:35pm 
SWG crafting was the best crafting. I was also a slicer and would have people waiting in line all night sometimes to get weapons sliced.

Originally posted by The Horrifically Insane Dump:

Damn straight. Most crafting systems in games are tacked on and a majority of them suck. SWG's crafting was an integral part of the game and was simply amazing to boot. Structures Trader that dealt in space loot was amazing to play even with the changes from NGE.

Even if you're only limited to two crafting skills, if the system hasn't changed from the original, it's still going to blow. Darkfall's crafting system was pretty bland and monotonous. It was actually pretty terrible.

I have to disagree with you on that last bit. Obviously its not as good as SWG crafting but I wouldn't say that it's terrible. I had weapons in DF that I was proud of comparable to some of the weapons I had in SWG. Also the fact that if you want to do it yourself it's going to take some serious adventures to harvest all of the materials. Not everyone will be a crafter. Don't forget you can enchant the weapons and armor as well which can also become a major task. All that just to lose it in the blink of an eye.
The Horrifically Insane Dump Dec 1, 2012 @ 2:50pm 
Originally posted by Clone:
I have to disagree with you on that last bit. Obviously its not as good as SWG crafting but I wouldn't say that it's terrible. I had weapons in DF that I was proud of comparable to some of the weapons I had in SWG. Also the fact that if you want to do it yourself it's going to take some serious adventures to harvest all of the materials. Not everyone will be a crafter. Don't forget you can enchant the weapons and armor as well which can also become a major task. All that just to lose it in the blink of an eye.

Crafting, like many other skill-based games such as UO, consisted of making the same item over and over to gain enough skill just to do it all over again for the next one. Whether the end products one could make were useful or not, the system itself was in dire need of improvement.The harvesting system was just not very good. You stared at a rock or a tree for a while and hack away at it. You could walk away from your computer and it would require no additional input.

Terrible may be too strong of a word. Underwhelming and bland may be much more accurate.
Last edited by The Horrifically Insane Dump; Dec 1, 2012 @ 2:51pm
Zushakon Dec 1, 2012 @ 8:41pm 
Gonzo; Nope, I asked that question during the interview, Tasos clearly stated that no, there won't be any restrictions on the amount of crafting skills you can pick up.

Also I have to say that DF crafting is not horrible, it's just not very great. Could be improved upon greatly, restricting the amount of crafter skills one player can pick up would be a good start, maybe even make a crafter role.
Last edited by Zushakon; Dec 2, 2012 @ 1:48am
[B@D]Aragon Dec 2, 2012 @ 12:52am 
Originally posted by (Rage)Gonzo:
not true you can only choose 2 skills in crafting meaning you will have to go to somone else to get alot of your stuff.

Not true, no restrictions whatsoever.
(Rage)Gonzo Dec 2, 2012 @ 10:34am 
k
Orbalus Dec 2, 2012 @ 7:16pm 
DF crafting was good because you could craft all if you put in the time and effort SWG has good with limiting ur choices because of the vast ammounts of varying resources, were as DF has fewer resources but takes more effort to max out and make the best possible gear, with SWG you and friends could just hunt down the specific resource you want then dump a huge machine farm and let that do all the work
Maati Dec 3, 2012 @ 6:01pm 
i hate animal taming in darkfall they shud make like ultima online
[BH] Akesha Dec 3, 2012 @ 6:04pm 
they should take much more from ultima online. guards who kills reds in town, uo was great before trammel came up.
The Horrifically Insane Dump Dec 3, 2012 @ 6:16pm 
UO was still good despite Trammel. There were still plenty of targets to be had in Felucca because of the better rewards. You could also loot other players in Trammel, which gave rise to very popular characters such as Crazy Joe and Belan the Looter.

Insurance is what killed the game. Completely changed the game's mindset to one that only cares for pixelcrack. There was no risk either since you couldn't lose your items when you died.
Last edited by The Horrifically Insane Dump; Dec 3, 2012 @ 6:17pm
[BH] Akesha Dec 3, 2012 @ 6:22pm 
well i think, both are killing blows, the games was good as it was. pks with honor, epic fights, skilling as you want to do AND a skillcap ! :) ... but these days ends. hope the crafting is more worth and trading comes more up.
kingp43 Dec 6, 2012 @ 11:24am 
amazing how many of us are still waiting for the new UO to come, hopefully this will be as close as possible. Yes, Trammel was the worst thing to happen to UO
[BH] Akesha Dec 6, 2012 @ 3:18pm 
i think there are more waiting for another uo as for darkfall ^^
Showing 1-15 of 30 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50