This game is now available on Steam!

Thanks for your help in getting this game selected for distribution via Steam. More information including a link to the Steam store page can be found below.

Darkfall Unholy Wars
Raserei Apr 15, 2013 @ 12:12am
Warning: Read before buying!
DF:UW is a great competitive, FFA loot, epic warfare, PvP Game.

Be warned, if you play solo, you will be in for a rough ride. Most of the "regulars" play in packs of 2-5+ players and you will be KOS.

My final verdict for this game is that it is only a good game if you have a reliable clan to play with A LOT. Requires a lot of free time and coordination to have your clanmates login at the same time and play together. Ultimately, unless you are in a clan or have a few friends that you will only play with and never solo, then you are in for a surprise.

If you do have a clan/friends: 8/10 B+

If you don't have a clan/friends: 4/10 D

Unplayable without a group. You will be killed, chased, humiliated, bullied, harrassed, and laughed at by it's "regulars". And therefore, DF:UW will have the same playerbase as Darkfall 1.0 and maybe a handful of fresh blood.
Showing 1-15 of 16 comments
< >
Rod Apr 15, 2013 @ 1:49am 
Not true. I played a lot of solo in DFO and in DFUW beta and is more more fun
Remmold Apr 15, 2013 @ 2:07am 
i disagree with this post. played solo most of my time in darkfall and however hard it may be at times its worth it considering you dont rely on anyone else and u choose your own path.
DFO was very fun and the most ive enjoyed an mmo ever , im looking forward to DFUW
Cya ingame Ihope ugotlewt out.
OP is overly dramatic about playing solo. First of all, it's possible and for many has proved fun. Problem with your post is that you're making it sound like people need to come to Darkfall with a clan/team. That's not true, players can easily join a clan after playing DFUW for a couple/few days. This way they will also find a clan that matches their play style and play times.
☯கல்கி☯ Apr 15, 2013 @ 10:22am 
better go skrim
[LoD]FredFour Apr 15, 2013 @ 10:23am 
1- you can solo
2- you don't absolutely need a clan
3- YES a clan/guild will allow you to experience siege city building and such end game activities
4- there are griefers in every game so solo or not if someone is going to grief you they will regardless
5- you can still acquire high end gear without being in a clan by trading/buying
--- Play the game how you want the game to be played
Kane Apr 15, 2013 @ 11:52am 
Guy is overly dramatic. I usually play with a clan but play late at night which often means i play by myself. Skirm is the best solo class this is true but you can play however you want. If you play smart you can choose most your battles. Always carry two mounts if playing solo.

Play games how you want. Clan recommended but not necessary by any means.
Mykell Apr 15, 2013 @ 1:16pm 
With the new safe zones any new player will now have a chance to get a feel for the game before they have to worry about facing vets.

When the market place is introduced (who knows when thou) you will even be able to remain viable gear wise without having to worry about crafting your own gear or relying on a clan.
Derban McDozer Apr 15, 2013 @ 2:46pm 
Finding a clan is easy bro, just go to clan recruitment on the forums or ask around once in game. ( getting in a clan is highly recommended )
DukeAJuke Apr 15, 2013 @ 5:46pm 
Not true at all... It all depends on what you want to do in DF:UW. If you are into word conquest and want to take over the map, then yes you will need a clan. However if you are skilled enough, you will be able to take on small groups by yourself (or at least get away if things go sour).
travrm Apr 15, 2013 @ 11:10pm 
its just alot easier to progress in a clan but you can absolutley solo/ lone wolf it. Just be prepared to get good at picking your fights :)
Zemon Apr 16, 2013 @ 10:44am 
So basically, its common for people in this game to group together and elaborately try to ♥♥♥♥ your ♥♥♥♥ up for their own sick amusement?
No One Apr 18, 2013 @ 4:03am 
Originally posted by Raserei:
DF:UW is a great competitive, FFA loot, epic warfare, PvP Game.

Be warned, if you play solo, you will be in for a rough ride. Most of the "regulars" play in packs of 2-5+ players and you will be KOS.

My final verdict for this game is that it is only a good game if you have a reliable clan to play with A LOT. Requires a lot of free time and coordination to have your clanmates login at the same time and play together. Ultimately, unless you are in a clan or have a few friends that you will only play with and never solo, then you are in for a surprise.

If you do have a clan/friends: 8/10 B+

If you don't have a clan/friends: 4/10 D

Unplayable without a group. You will be killed, chased, humiliated, bullied, harrassed, and laughed at by it's "regulars". And therefore, DF:UW will have the same playerbase as Darkfall 1.0 and maybe a handful of fresh blood.

so its just like darkfall was and its just a matter of time till people all turn on each other and every one uses the same cookie cutter aporoach to killing each other and the server slowly dies
Wanderinlost Apr 18, 2013 @ 9:03am 
so its just like darkfall was and its just a matter of time till people all turn on each other and every one uses the same cookie cutter aporoach to killing each other and the server slowly dies

Cookie cutter is either the best worst description I have heard. Its a matter of everyone having the same pile of cookies but only being able to select 2 from the pile at any one time. When they eventually get all 16 classes out it there will be a large variety of classes and builds of any variety all of which will be viable.

As for the OP, you are partially correct. The unfogiving nature of darkfall naturally makes it better to group up. I am one who spent most of my time in DF1 off solo'ing and as a result died a great deal and didn't get much done. This time around I make a strong effort to do practically everything with other people. Almost every single clan in darkfall will be looking for more recruits and alot of them have at the very least veteran leadership. I highly recommend finding one that suits you, joining up and learning to play as part of a larger team. Grouping is also far from an I win, you can be sure there is always going to be strong opposition and groups of 10-100 can and will be killed frequently.
Trinity Apr 21, 2013 @ 2:48am 
Originally posted by Mykell:
With the new safe zones any new player will now have a chance to get a feel for the game before they have to worry about facing vets.

When the market place is introduced (who knows when thou) you will even be able to remain viable gear wise without having to worry about crafting your own gear or relying on a clan.
with all the safezone skillcaps, they should have removed them, they are pretty useless.
The most ppl which wrote here are fanboys, this game is a fail, it will fail like df1 and i could spoke about it, that they ruined the good possibilitys for new ppl. After a year noone wil be longer in than a week and will drop the game like it was in df1
дебил вкл Apr 21, 2013 @ 10:30am 
no ♥♥♥♥ing taming skill in DFUW like in Mortal Online :( but DFUW looks much better
Showing 1-15 of 16 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50