This is a concept or project early in development

This item is here to gather feedback from the potential customers and begin building a community. If you like this project, feel free to rate it or favorite it. The voting here serves only to give the developer data and reactions and doesn't work toward getting the game distributed on Steam.

The Ship: Full Steam Ahead
Jake² Jan 15, 2013 @ 4:11pm
Ship Events and Day/Night Cycles - "Tours"
One game mode I've always been interested in is a "tour" mode or a mode where you actually "take a cruise". I think it would be interesting to progress through a short 1-5 day calendar with cruise events like a theatre that shows a film, dances, firework shows, small concerts (with old-style bands or violinists), and any other "event" that would fit a cruise ship.

Obviously the same murder-game is going on, but players could attend events to scout out kills and earn bonuses for killing another player at an event or fill some of their gauges like entertainment and such. Events could require security, which would mean security personnel leave their normal posts or routines in order to help oversee the event, which leaves other areas of the ship more dangerous than before. I feel like changes in normal flow like this could create a cooler atmosphere that opens up opportunities for players to exploit.

The day/night cycles I think would also be interesting. Nights might close restaurants and open up bars, which would further create a dynamic environment for players to adapt to. Night time could also add bonuses to sleep, so players would feel more inclined to rest at that time. Other players, knowing this, could exploit night time and know that some players might be returning to their rooms. Security shifts could tighten or loosen, or shifts could change between night and day guards which would open up a small window of time for murders to occur.
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
< >
Woskis Jan 23, 2013 @ 8:47am 
I really like this idea and it would be very cool if your stats would change during night/day like sleep, reading, entertainment and other gauges!
PhilipGHarris Jan 25, 2013 @ 3:32am 
Hey Jake³. Love these ideas and it will be added into the list of feedback I'm compiling at the moment.
-= N i K o =- Apr 11, 2013 @ 3:02pm 
+1
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50