This is a concept or project early in development

This item is here to gather feedback from the potential customers and begin building a community. If you like this project, feel free to rate it or favorite it. The voting here serves only to give the developer data and reactions and doesn't work toward getting the game distributed on Steam.

Alone
Bandi42Plays Nov 22, 2012 @ 11:07pm
New Creature Ideas
Go ahead and lets start brainstorming here guys! This seems like a good game but slenderman is just an overused excuse! LETS GET CREATIVE!

also make it more interactive ;) Add a... i guess you can say... towerdefence feel...
Showing 1-15 of 15 comments
< >
Bandi42Plays Nov 23, 2012 @ 3:16pm 
So someone suggest The Rake in the comments before. Although we want something original ;)
Get creative!
Grandmaster Swaggadocious Nov 24, 2012 @ 7:50am 
The Rake is original. No one has made a game about it yet. Its such a good idea, and no one will take it. He lives in a forest-y climate just like Slenderman and he is just as creepy.
Grandmaster Swaggadocious Nov 24, 2012 @ 7:51am 
Well, a idea inspired by LOST you could put a black smoke monster of some sort. Or implement a feature where if you start seeing black smoke you gotta run because it means a monster of some sort is coming?
Bandi42Plays Nov 24, 2012 @ 12:05pm 
Originally posted by Nettalp:
Well, a idea inspired by LOST you could put a black smoke monster of some sort. Or implement a feature where if you start seeing black smoke you gotta run because it means a monster of some sort is coming?

I see what you mean. I like the smoke idea! I'm going to photoshop a monster for GAMER109.
The Rake seems interesting and I will see if I can mimic him but make him different.
[VEGA] Gamer109X  [developer] Nov 26, 2012 @ 9:13am 
Originally posted by Bandi42Plays:

I see what you mean. I like the smoke idea! I'm going to photoshop a monster for GAMER109.
The Rake seems interesting and I will see if I can mimic him but make him different.

Hey, I am really excited for your photoshop creation! Keep up the good work!!
I Am The Minion Nov 29, 2012 @ 10:04am 
Hi there. I wouldn't suggest a smoke monster, but a monster without a fixed shape sounds like a good idea. Something that varies with the encounter to keep the player on his toes. A sometimes gooey, sometimes rubbery, sometimes hard and bonelike creature that travels by throwing a chunk of itself forward like a sticky grapple and towing the rest of itself along after, only with multiple tendrils all at once to give the thing some speed. Think Nexxus from Ferngully or Venom's suit from spiderman. It could blend with its surroundings by attaching to several trees and spreading out to apear as branches and twigs. The point is something that appears slow and avoidable but is actually much more agile and hard to gauge or feel comfortable avoiding. Each encounter would be different from the others. Combat or avoidance mechanics fitted to the encounter should delay familiarity. To keep up the tension, I would implement a Silent Hill type gimmick where the player is eerily alerted to the presence of the monster, but doesn't give any clues to shape or direction.
You mentioned tower defense. Perhaps the player would need to fortify some locations and flee to the nearest one when the monster approaches. Either way, good luck. I look forward to seeing what you end up with.
Bandi42Plays Dec 12, 2012 @ 3:56pm 
Originally posted by Gamer109X:

http://tinypic.com/r/2e3r028/6
That is Version 1.
I am looking for more stuff to add. But that is what I got so far. It is (Crappy) but it is good enough. Like we were saying with The Rake. We got that and the fog.

[GREAT IDEAS]
You can add areas for "Tower Defencing" like at the LightHouse you got. You could add an option to power the light. Only if you have enough... <Points> points should be gathered as you explore more outdoors instead of staying inside all the time.

Just to keep the scares coming you can make the lighthouse seem, distorted... If you were to start walking back in the building you can make a predator feel. (Like looking above a fire) make hands start melting through the walls and all that. Keep it scary.

Now for the HUD. Camera feel. With a camera feel it opens you up to alot more stuff. Like static, battery, very little shake, and stuff to make things like the hands seem more like a WTF? moment.

Now back to the <Points>... You should be able to buy batteries. Almost like a "COD: Zombies" feel. (EXCEPT WITHOUT GUNS) Guns would just kill the fear.

I am minion had a good idea with "fleeing to another location" get a hospital in the world ;) Great stuff can come from that. "Mental Hospital" Now for a notification of it getting close... You can have a thick dark fog start rolling in along with this "Creature". Give it a good scream too btw :) When the fog is visable, get a screech that gets louder the closer it gets. Don't make it a non-stop scream tho lol. Add pauses. !VARIETY! Don't forget.

I would love too do some beta tests for this and post it on my channel for more popularity.
http://www.youtube.com/Bandi42Plays
Best excuse for a webcam XD
[VEGA] Gamer109X  [developer] Dec 13, 2012 @ 5:16am 

That is Version 1.
I am looking for more stuff to add. But that is what I got so far. It is (Crappy) but it is good enough. Like we were saying with The Rake. We got that and the fog.

[GREAT IDEAS]
You can add areas for "Tower Defencing" like at the LightHouse you got. You could add an option to power the light. Only if you have enough... <Points> points should be gathered as you explore more outdoors instead of staying inside all the time.

Just to keep the scares coming you can make the lighthouse seem, distorted... If you were to start walking back in the building you can make a predator feel. (Like looking above a fire) make hands start melting through the walls and all that. Keep it scary.

Now for the HUD. Camera feel. With a camera feel it opens you up to alot more stuff. Like static, battery, very little shake, and stuff to make things like the hands seem more like a WTF? moment.

Now back to the <Points>... You should be able to buy batteries. Almost like a "COD: Zombies" feel. (EXCEPT WITHOUT GUNS) Guns would just kill the fear.

I am minion had a good idea with "fleeing to another location" get a hospital in the world ;) Great stuff can come from that. "Mental Hospital" Now for a notification of it getting close... You can have a thick dark fog start rolling in along with this "Creature". Give it a good scream too btw :) When the fog is visable, get a screech that gets louder the closer it gets. Don't make it a non-stop scream tho lol. Add pauses. !VARIETY! Don't forget.

I would love too do some beta tests for this and post it on my channel for more popularity.

Yeah that's cool! The ideas are also great, I will use them in the game. The game is currently in pre pre pre alpha fase so there won't be anything yet but I am working on it and I hope to have a demo within 3 - 6 months
Bandi42Plays Dec 13, 2012 @ 2:02pm 

That is Version 1.

[GREAT IDEAS]

Yeah that's cool! The ideas are also great, I will use them in the game. The game is currently in pre pre pre alpha fase so there won't be anything yet but I am working on it and I hope to have a demo within 3 - 6 months

Yah I just made some sounds/music for some stuff :)
I would love to try the pre pre pre alpha ;D
Would love to promote this game :)
So with the sounds. I am just throwing some extra help. I made alot of these with my music program and the others with audacity and my mic ;)
https://rapidshare.com/files/290608682/ALONE.rar
Anyone can download it there :)
[VEGA] Gamer109X  [developer] Dec 14, 2012 @ 8:49am 

That is Version 1.

[GREAT IDEAS]

So with the sounds. I am just throwing some extra help. I made alot of these with my music program and the others with audacity and my mic ;)

This is really good! I will use some sound effects and music you sent me. I am now working on the creature with 3ds Max. When I finished the ceature I will polish the game a little more and then it is ready for an alpha version. Of course I will give you a special thanks in the credits of the game. Thanks for the help!
Bandi42Plays Jan 15, 2013 @ 3:34pm 

That is Version 1.

[GREAT IDEAS]

This is really good! I will use some sound effects and music you sent me. I am now working on the creature with 3ds Max. When I finished the ceature I will polish the game a little more and then it is ready for an alpha version. Of course I will give you a special thanks in the credits of the game. Thanks for the help!

Kewlios... Just make sure to get mah channel in der... ;) I am slowly moving into horror on my channel. I just posted some zombies on Garry's Mod. 435 Views in 2 days. I can't wait to try this game out! :) So how is everything going? Update us/me!
[VEGA] Gamer109X  [developer] Jan 16, 2013 @ 1:09am 

That is Version 1.

[GREAT IDEAS]

Kewlios... Just make sure to get mah channel in der... ;) I am slowly moving into horror on my channel. I just posted some zombies on Garry's Mod. 435 Views in 2 days. I can't wait to try this game out! :) So how is everything going? Update us/me!

Hey, it's really difficult to work full time on this project. It will take a few more weeks. I am making this with Cryengine 3 so a cryengine client is needed to make this game running. You can download it at this site: http://www.mycryengine.com/ I am also looking for people who could help me with this game especially with 3ds Max. If there are any volunteers that could help me it would be great
Bandi42Plays Mar 2, 2013 @ 7:02pm 
How is it going man! :D
[VEGA] Gamer109X  [developer] Mar 3, 2013 @ 1:29am 
How is it going man! :D

Hey, I still need someone who could work with 3DS MAX for the creature. If I have the creature then the game is 60% finished. I still want to make this game a succes. If I don't have someone who could help me with 3ds max then this project is stopped.
Aurorus (Scrin) Mar 16, 2013 @ 12:13pm 
how bout a type of flying thing that can be seen in trees with green glowing eyes and teleports
like if its prusueing you and you dont see it it will be right in frount of you and have rotting corspes on the tree like they where inpaled. good idea?
Showing 1-15 of 15 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50