This game has been Greenlit by the Community!

The community has shown their interest in this game. Valve has reached out to this developer to start moving things toward release on Steam.

Haunted Memories
INC Jan 23, 2013 @ 10:51am
NPC`S maybe?
Maybe haunt could have some NPC`s around, with their own unique stories. And some may be sick, healthy, insane, or confused. And some may even send you to investigate a place or something. What do you guys think?
Last edited by INC; Jan 24, 2013 @ 9:49am
Showing 1-15 of 30 comments
< >
o0SuicideKing0o Jan 23, 2013 @ 3:31pm 
I think you spelled maybe wrong. But seriously, that defeats the whole purpose of the game. All you're supposed to know is that you're ALONE in a forest and you're trying to survive on your own while something mysterious is coming after you. There isn't supposed to be anybody for you to talk to or receive help from. The whole idea is that there is nobody else around. Just you and whatever is "haunting" you.
INC Jan 24, 2013 @ 9:52am 
well.....you have a point! But i thought that Npc`s whould add more story to the game:)
Last edited by INC; Jan 24, 2013 @ 12:32pm
ParanormalDev  [developer] Jan 25, 2013 @ 2:16am 
Hi there,

You will find NPCs in Haunted Memories - but Haunt will stay abandoned as it is :) We really don't want to change this game too much, simple to not destroy the mood and overall feeling.

All best,
ParanormalDev
King Bowser Koopa Jan 27, 2013 @ 9:09am 
Maybe a NPC that talks a bit to the player and maybe says"I have seen something or someone here. If you go to our meeting place and don't see me then run"You/the player you control go to the meeting place and don't find him. The only thing you can see is a note that says "When you see this I am maybe dead. Hide and you may survive" and you also see some blood on the floor.(Something like this) I hope you understand me
King Bowser Koopa Jan 27, 2013 @ 9:13am 
Or is it changing the game too much?
o0SuicideKing0o Jan 27, 2013 @ 11:50am 
Yes, it's too much and you guys are missing the point. You wake up having no idea where you're at and there is NOBODY around anywhere except for something chasing after you.
INC Jan 27, 2013 @ 11:54am 
you said that before......
o0SuicideKing0o Jan 27, 2013 @ 12:02pm 
Yep, but you guys still don't get it. You're trying to make it into a different game. It's just supposed to scare you. Adding NPC's would make it way less scary because you lose the feel of being alone and isolated with no one around to help. It's the same reason why some people are skeptical about DS3 since now you're going to have someone running around with you. So no NPC's. Heck, ParanormalDev has already said the same thing twice but you still ask for them.
INC Jan 28, 2013 @ 6:57am 
i only asked him once....
Last edited by INC; Jan 31, 2013 @ 5:55am
Tactical Pillow Jan 31, 2013 @ 9:09am 
How about you do have NPC's, but there doing the same thing as you and are more scared of you then you are of Slendy. It would add to the scariness. Just think about it, if your walking around in the world and then you see somthing run away from you your going to either run after it or run away from it. Maybe there could be 2 other victims that add to the story? Maybe there might even be some ppl that have already been caught by Slenderman and are helping him haunt you. There are many ways to add in NPC's and still be alone.
» ĽēfŦy Feb 2, 2013 @ 7:11pm 
There should be page entrys. :P
o0SuicideKing0o Feb 3, 2013 @ 9:37am 
Originally posted by RETRO_MPH:
How about you do have NPC's, but there doing the same thing as you and are more scared of you then you are of Slendy. It would add to the scariness. Just think about it, if your walking around in the world and then you see somthing run away from you your going to either run after it or run away from it. Maybe there could be 2 other victims that add to the story? Maybe there might even be some ppl that have already been caught by Slenderman and are helping him haunt you. There are many ways to add in NPC's and still be alone.
I would say that that's better as long as you don't give them a face or a voice, because as soon as that happens, the feel is gone. Just having somebody off in the distance and running into the trees as soon as they see you or even into a house and if you go in there you would find journal entries (like the thing you saw was actually a dead person) would be fine. However, the only thing haunting you should be Slender because that's the whole plot of the game. So what you're saying is fine as long as the people you see are so far away (like in trees or a shadow in a window) that you can't see there face and you never hear their voice and as long as Slender is the only thing actually going after you.
Tactical Pillow Feb 6, 2013 @ 6:22pm 
Originally posted by o0SuicideKing0o:
Originally posted by RETRO_MPH:
*Snip*
I would say that that's better as long as you don't give them a face or a voice, because as soon as that happens, the feel is gone. Just having somebody off in the distance and running into the trees as soon as they see you or even into a house and if you go in there you would find journal entries (like the thing you saw was actually a dead person) would be fine. However, the only thing haunting you should be Slender because that's the whole plot of the game. So what you're saying is fine as long as the people you see are so far away (like in trees or a shadow in a window) that you can't see there face and you never hear their voice and as long as Slender is the only thing actually going after you.
Agreed
Golden Hawk Feb 9, 2013 @ 2:16am 
npc's is a great idea :D
Dooby Feb 10, 2013 @ 3:42pm 
I dont thinks its that good of an idea. Haunt is supposed to be just you, and slendy making menacing train noises behind you. :]
Last edited by Dooby; Feb 10, 2013 @ 3:54pm
Showing 1-15 of 30 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50