This game is now available on Steam!

Thanks for your help in getting this game selected for distribution via Steam. More information including a link to the Steam store page can be found below.

Dragon's Lair
Grog Nov 14, 2012 @ 10:26pm
Let this game die
This game should be let out to pasture, shot in the night and butchered for it's binary code. Quicktime events still plague modern games, there is no point in allowing the storybook case to survive. If you want to see the adventure without blood curtling screams of rage, go to youtube and watch it. You will be glad you did.
Showing 1-15 of 47 comments
< >
Than Nov 14, 2012 @ 11:27pm 
Agreed.

...and it would seem that Greenlight is only good for the nostalgia factor.
GWT Nov 15, 2012 @ 7:08am 
Wait do you even know what it is one of the reasons why people are voting for it is becuase they remember palying it in threre childhood and when it came out it was the best game ever and it is in a museum becuase it was a major improvement in gaming
Grog Nov 15, 2012 @ 10:01am 
want to know what a major improvement on gaming was? Star Control 2. When both gameplay, story and developer determination came together to create one of the best plots in gaming history.

Dragon's lair was put in there because the artist used to work for Disney.
Herr.Milkmann Nov 15, 2012 @ 10:04am 
blood curtling screams? were you THAT bad at it? dragons lair was beast and just because you sucked at it and raged like a child doesnt mean they should let it die. this series was HUGE and should definately be on steam.
Grog Nov 15, 2012 @ 10:11am 
The series was a grand sum of two games. Megaman was huge, with well over 20 games.

and yeah, I did suck at it. When something seems to be specifically designed to force longevity through cheap tricks and killing you every five seconds, it kinda bleeds out the fun.
Last edited by Grog; Nov 15, 2012 @ 10:12am
Defect Reject Nov 15, 2012 @ 10:20am 
I've never played it but I personally want to and yeah that's the point it was an arcade game. Theirs going to be cheap tricks to eat quarters.
Grog Nov 15, 2012 @ 10:49am 
Have you wondered why classic coin operated arcades no longer exist except in extremely high income areas? because people can get the same experience at home for cheap. Clever arcades (like Galloping Ghost near where I live), have an "all you can play" option for fifteen bucks. Great fun from time to time, but eventually you start beating the games, and realize that they were not designed to be played to the end. Most arcade games have horrible endings as a result.

I don't support quicktime events, I don't support poor game design, and I certainly don't support letting this game come back to haunt the modern market. I won't vote for this game until the Alex Kidd series and Zaxxon are brought to a modern format, which will likely never happen.

Nostalgia can be a great thing, don't get me wrong. When I played Chrono Trigger and Legend of Dragoon on my PSPgo, I had a solid six hours of fun before I realized just how poorly the game stacked up to modern games. Hindsight is not always 20/20.

Let this game die, and with it, Quicktime events as a whole.
Last edited by Grog; Nov 15, 2012 @ 10:56am
[TG] Admiral Dimebag Nov 15, 2012 @ 11:13am 
you know what? yes it is a hard game for a lot of people, and yes it does use cheap tricks to kill you sometimes, but as gamers we deserve a good kick in the ♥♥♥ from our games sometimes. And personally i would love to play this game again
Grog Nov 15, 2012 @ 12:29pm 
If you wanted a kick in the ***, play Mega Man 1 or 3. Or castlevania, or any of the Contra or Shenmue games.
Last edited by Grog; Nov 15, 2012 @ 12:30pm
Pistachio Nov 15, 2012 @ 1:44pm 
Hell yeah! Let's not have any kind of hard games at all! Let's all play COD and forget that other kind of games existed! Stop liking things that I hate!
ಠ_ಠ
Last edited by Pistachio; Nov 15, 2012 @ 1:45pm
Grog Nov 15, 2012 @ 2:44pm 
Originally posted by Booze:
Hell yeah! Let's not have any kind of hard games at all! Let's all play COD and forget that other kind of games existed! Stop liking things that I hate!
ಠ_ಠ

Well.. maybe if you read the posts I made, you would understand why it should die. It has nothing to do with difficulty, and everything to do with it's a terrible game with a terrible mechanic that has plagued games for twenty years.
Bananaphone Nov 15, 2012 @ 11:41pm 
I found this game all the way in Ravano, Italy while at an "American" Arcade..
I Loved it! I say, let this game live!
desolation0 Nov 16, 2012 @ 11:00am 
Wait a second, you tell us not to play quick time event games because the mechanic is terrible, then say Shenmue for a game that kicks you in the ♥♥♥ but was still great? Isn't Yu Suzuki sometimes credited with bringing QTE's to the modern age with the Shenmue series? I also wouldn't hold Shenmue up as a particularly difficult game, though it is challenging at times.

Also, we need Shenmue on Steam, the sequel too. I don't care what it takes, Shenmue needs a port to a modern and relatively timeless system that the PC has been.
Last edited by desolation0; Nov 16, 2012 @ 11:03am
...Meow, Raiden, Meow... Nov 16, 2012 @ 2:25pm 
So let die a classic because YOU don't like something? this is just... I am on THAT side of the internet again
[MM] WMan22 Nov 16, 2012 @ 3:09pm 
Just because you don't want this game to be greenlighted doesn't mean you should bring everyone down with you. I don't give a ♥♥♥♥ what classic games you liked, your opinion of megaman is, or what your stance is on modern gaming and quicktime events, you should never make threads like this. I actually want to buy dragon's lair. I remember playing it in the arcade and then on the Sega CD. You may not like it, but i want this game to NOT die, and rerelease in glorious 720p.
Showing 1-15 of 47 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50