This game has been Greenlit by the Community!

The community has shown their interest in this game. Valve has reached out to this developer to start moving things toward release on Steam.

City Car Driving
Jeul Aug 28, 2013 @ 10:39pm
Oculus Rift Support?
Pardon if it's been mentioned, but I don't see any word of this yet.

Anything?
Showing 1-15 of 22 comments
< >
City Car Driving Developers  [developer] Aug 29, 2013 @ 2:26am 
Hello. Oculus Rift is still in development stage. We think it's better to wait until it will be released.
Jeul Aug 29, 2013 @ 5:09am 
Oh, I know it's still very early. I was just curious if you were working on it, due to the Oculus SDK being out there and your program seeming like a natural fit for it.

Depending on what engine you're using, it might be really simple. Take a look at it if you haven't. Might add a new group of players.

Thanks for the response, keep up the good work, and grats on the Greenlight! :)
Nemolus Aug 31, 2013 @ 1:47pm 
I have the Oculus Rift Developer Kit since July 2013. Oculus support for a game like this would be the perfect immersion. I would buy it immediately.
Pemerus Sep 7, 2013 @ 1:35pm 
Would be great!
Victor.XFX Sep 12, 2013 @ 6:03pm 
No. ! I not have money for buy a Oculus Rift ; BRAZIL
ricardoh288 Sep 30, 2013 @ 9:41pm 
Si ya lo puedo usar en Euro Truck Simulator 2 no creo que difiera mucho de City Car Driving; lo que si, seguramente estaran a la espera de evaluar el costo del trabajo de adaptación con la cantidad de ventas adicionales que tendrán por ello (me anoto como una) o sino a esperar a rebajas navideñas !! PD: re chantajista el vago; es solo un chascarrillo.:)

If you and I can use on Euro Truck Simulator 2 do not think it differs much from City Car Driving, what if surely be on your pending work to assess the cost of adaptation to the amount of additional sales will have for it (I scored as one) or else to wait for Christmas sales! PS: re blackmailer the vague, it is just a joke.:)
Starglider Oct 3, 2013 @ 8:44pm 
If this gets Oculus Rift integration I most certainly will buy it, if not, I doubt it.

The Oculus Rift dev kits are available and apparently the adaption for it to work has been known to take as little as a day, however content will require adjustment for menus and possibly fov, real life scale and improved textures of models. If you search for a multi screen video of this game in use you will see the car looks like it's about 3/4 the width it should be and driving from a high seating point of view. So player positional adjustment would good (forward,back, fov, sensitivity etc).

But yes, this simulator/game with the Oculus Rift, is a big yes :)
City Car Driving Developers  [developer] Oct 4, 2013 @ 12:12am 
Currently we don't have an opportunity to add Oculus Rift support. We tried to purchase the development kit, but our Customs office doesn't allow this device to pass. We'll try to purchase it later.
Jeul Oct 4, 2013 @ 10:33am 
Wow.. Oculus has had some minor issues with customs in the US, but nothing major. That's really unfortunate!
Sir-Taun Dec 5, 2013 @ 12:53am 
Looking forward to Oculus Rift support. Guess we'll have to wait a little bit. I plan on buying your program either way though. I've had problems learning to drive due to information overload behind the wheel. I plan to learn to drive using this program & a wheel set from Fanatec. Aside from learning the practicalities, it should help assuage my being overwhelmed with information.
tumanovsky Feb 26, 2014 @ 2:04am 
TrackIR works perfectly with this game, I guess Oculusi will have same mechanics for camera control, but there should be a 3D support so image looks fine in Oculus. But camera controlls should work out of the box.
Red Green Blue Sep 4, 2014 @ 6:22pm 
Originally posted by City Car Driving Developers:
Hello. Oculus Rift is still in development stage. We think it's better to wait until it will be released.
No no no. the DK 2 alone sold around 50k units. Plenty of people bought fuc*king g27s for it. And assetto corsa. People will buy this if it has rift support. I know I'll buy it in a heartbeat.

Also you'd be the only city/non racing driving simulator to support it, so that's a plus.
City Car Driving Developers  [developer] Sep 11, 2014 @ 11:18pm 
Big update is coming... And... YES! There will be Oculus Rift support!!!
Red Green Blue Sep 12, 2014 @ 8:24am 
DK2? Cause ♥♥♥♥ I'm gonna go buy it now then.
SpaceNavy Sep 12, 2014 @ 9:12am 

Prepare to have a lot of orders.
Showing 1-15 of 22 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50