Сообщество дало этой игре зеленый свет!

Сообщество выразило свой интерес к этой игре. Valve связалась с ее разработчиком и начала подготовку к ее выходу в Steam.

Dysis
kruxs 2 фев, 2013 @ 9:58
Possible path-finding issues
It just occurred to me that if the level map is completely deformable, could that bring up some path-finding problems for the AI? I imagine if there's a giant hole in the ground and you order some units to walk across it and they fall in, is there any way to get them out or are they smart enough to avoid it altogether?
Показано 17 из 7 комментариев
< >
theDemolisher13 2 фев, 2013 @ 11:47 
That would be a good question to be asking that others don't think about untill it's too late. If they could avoid stuff like that. That would make them one of the smarter AIs in the gaming world. Good question to be asking.
Hinsonator 2 фев, 2013 @ 15:21 
hopfuly if ODG adds the new Gass Powered Games AI pathfinding (the one they used in Supreme Commander 2 and the now failed Age of Empires online)
Последний раз отредактировал Hinsonator; 2 фев, 2013 @ 15:21
ODG  [Разработчик] 2 фев, 2013 @ 15:24 
I'm still working on some more basic gameplay features at the moment, but I'm going to be adding advanced AI into Dysis very soon. This AI will come from my background with robotics, and will absolutely attempt to avoid holes/cliffs and navigate fully dynamic/deformable 3D terrain in real time. Since I've already programmed robots with very similar capabilities, I expect this will only be a matter of optimization to ensure that large groups of robots are capable of undertaking this without a large load on the CPU (which I will do by grouping nearby robots and making path-planning an iterative process - each unit won't need to calculate their entire route at any given time, just a small portion of it).
kruxs 2 фев, 2013 @ 18:51 
Good to know :)
Hinsonator 5 фев, 2013 @ 22:35 
but say you ordered them to go into the hole will they fall right in or will they atempt to find a path and if possible use that?
theDemolisher13 6 фев, 2013 @ 18:44 
That's a good question or how about even make a path if the walls of the hole is made of dirt or something not to hard that they can dig in or carva. Now that would be really cool. Also does gravity have any rall on the blocks that they robots build or is it like minecraft were the blocks can floot in mid air?
ODG  [Разработчик] 21 фев, 2013 @ 8:30 
Right now, you can only command orders to go onto land (so no going into a hole per se), but if going down a hole is the best way to get to the target location, they would do that. While the AI is far from complete, it will definitely avoid holes and (hopefully) be able to dig through the softer terrain.

Currently the blocks can float in mid air, however the engine does support dynamic blocks. I'll be looking into making this a strategic gameplay element (dropping blocks/bridges/etc).
Показано 17 из 7 комментариев
< >
На страницу: 15 30 50