This game has been Greenlit by the Community!

The community has shown their interest in this game. Valve has reached out to this developer to start moving things toward release on Steam.

8BitBoy
Dude, like.. Nov 7, 2012 @ 11:59am
WHOA MAN THIS GAME LOOKS SO RETRO!!!!!!!!
~12 year old kid on Newwgroundds from 2008
Last edited by Dude, like..; Dec 28, 2013 @ 7:33am
Showing 1-13 of 13 comments
< >
Vapor Dosh Nov 7, 2012 @ 2:44pm 
8-bit = low resolution, apparently
BananaSoyMilk Nov 7, 2012 @ 11:45pm 
this game seems nice, but the whole mechanics and aesthetics....looks a bit eh..to me
unpronounceable Nov 15, 2012 @ 5:02pm 
Originally posted by Totally Not Ababeb:
To be fair, for pixelated graphics, having a low resolution is inherently part of that. The pixels just get resized afterwards.

I can't tell, since all I have to base this on is the video, but it looks like the guy doesn't control that well. At the beginning, on the two block wide platforms, there was a noticeable amount of sliding, and combined with the super speed conveyor belts, it seems like it is very slippery.

The core gameplay is extremely familiar ground, so this game really has to rely on level design, which can't be properly judged in a trailer video, and the aesthetic as a whole. I'm a really big fan of pixelated graphics - Jamestown is a fantastic example of them done right - but these aren't particularly appealing to me at all. I think part of it is that the colour pallet is akin to those of 16-bit graphics, but the sprite detail is closer to that of an 8-bit game. Also, while I appreciate there being more than two frames of animation for the guy walking around, it loops pretty badly.
Kiplet Feb 26, 2013 @ 2:05pm 
Originally posted by unpronounceable:
Originally posted by Totally Not Ababeb:
To be fair, for pixelated graphics, having a low resolution is inherently part of that. The pixels just get resized afterwards.

I can't tell, since all I have to base this on is the video, but it looks like the guy doesn't control that well. At the beginning, on the two block wide platforms, there was a noticeable amount of sliding, and combined with the super speed conveyor belts, it seems like it is very slippery.

The core gameplay is extremely familiar ground, so this game really has to rely on level design, which can't be properly judged in a trailer video, and the aesthetic as a whole. I'm a really big fan of pixelated graphics - Jamestown is a fantastic example of them done right - but these aren't particularly appealing to me at all. I think part of it is that the colour pallet is akin to those of 16-bit graphics, but the sprite detail is closer to that of an 8-bit game. Also, while I appreciate there being more than two frames of animation for the guy walking around, it loops pretty badly.

Excellent post, you really nailed the issues with this greenlight posting.
Slaytanic May 18, 2013 @ 6:05pm 
The game looks like an old Super Mario game in a new style.
Chessus May 21, 2013 @ 8:24pm 
Originally posted by Slaytanic:
The game looks like an old Super Mario game in a new style.
agree
WoOt WoOt :D May 30, 2013 @ 11:46pm 
flashback :)
Sebaryu The Shocker Jun 3, 2013 @ 8:42am 
I want it!
EduuhMiranda Jun 5, 2013 @ 1:38pm 
its retro, but seems awesome
O Chuta Bundas Dec 28, 2013 @ 7:14am 
looks fun to me!
Dontas Jan 18 @ 5:05am 
Looks really funny :D
Th1ef Feb 28 @ 3:06am