This game is now available on Steam!

Thanks for your help in getting this game selected for distribution via Steam. More information including a link to the Steam store page can be found below.

Infinity Wars - *Animated* Trading Card Game
Teremus  [developer] Feb 15, 2013 @ 9:04pm
What you, as the gamer, want.
Most of you have seen Infinity Wars around here for a while.

We would like to know what you, the gamer, would like to see from Infinity Wars. If you're not a fan of the genre, don't worry about it, it's not for everyone. We want to hear what you would like to see here, game features/integrations/gameplay mechanics.

Tell us. Let your voice be heard so that the game all of you deserve can be made to it's best possible quality.

Thank you. ~JJJ
Showing 1-15 of 27 comments
< >
Flame_Phoenix Feb 22, 2013 @ 4:19pm 
This opinion was based on the demonstration you people provided to the interview with Force and his youtube channel. You may already have this mechanics implemented, if so, I apologise:
1 - Mechanics that allow players to:
1.1 - Return cards to owner hands
1.2 - place counters in creatures, and duplicate or remove such markers (like proliferate in MTG)
1.3 - Mechanics that prevent damage to a player
1.4 - Mechanics that make certain creatures unblocable (like fear or intimidate)
1.5 - Creature whose attack and power is of teh form */*
1.6 - A way to allow me to sacrifice Health/Moralle to pay for resources
This list could go on and on, and it would ultimately become a list of the things that I enjoy the most in MTG and all the other trading card games that I have played. I believe you people, as fans from MTG as well, have a good perception of this as well. Overall, the idea I got from the video is that the current game mechanics are extremely simple, too much simple, thus limiting the strategies I can create.

2 - Multiplayer and Co-op, as in a team game with friends or 2v2
3 - Daily missions (like in MTG Tactics, where every day you have a challenge to complete)
4 - Puzzles like in MTG 2013
5 - Ability to play with people from other platforms. I mean, come on, it's a card game. Why can't I play this game in my computer while my friend is using his PS3 or his android phone? Makes no sense...
6 - Build my own decks from scratch!
7 - Alternative art for my cards. In MOBA games heroes usually have different skins and models. I really think you could apply the same business model to card games. You can create extra card layouts or images and sell them to the public or make them available through challenges and contests.
8 - Card animations that are actually animated. Don't take me wrong, but most of your card animations are extremelly poor. The one good animation that I saw was from "Agent Coyle" and possibly from the "Summer Dragon". The other animations (Flame Dawn Aspirant, per example) were really, really poor when compared to that. Don't take me wrong, but they actually look like internet GIFS to me. Maybe m standars are higher than usual, maybe not, but I think it would be a decent adition. You could mix this suggestion with 7.
9 - Ability to watch replays or to "mentor/spectate" an ongoing game as in Heroes of Newerth, or even Starcraft 2.

I would definelty have more suggestions and opinions, but since I have the fuzzy feeling that you people are likely to either ignore this or rage against it (gotta love the steam community some time xD ), I think I'll be leaving it here.

Anyway, I wish you the best success with your project and good luck.
Last edited by Flame_Phoenix; Feb 22, 2013 @ 4:34pm
Teremus  [developer] Feb 23, 2013 @ 12:21pm 
Allow me to demonstrate to you what Infinity Wars has already created. Do not take this the wrong way, as your list is surely out of pure curiosity, but you have not watched our promotional video. It seems this list was made after watching the Force interview, something that we staged.

List of items already implemented:
Numbers 1,1.3,1.4,1.5,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 are already in-game.

The mechanics you mentioned simply weren't demonstrated. This does not mean in any way that there are not already cards in the game that have/do aforementioned effects. Because they are there. 1.2 and 1.6 are not implemented with the initial core set, they are however part of the creation process for upcoming releases. (We're longtime players of MTG too)

Number 2 is intended, though not yet implemented. We must complete the initial infrastructure first before putting that part in, and it will be in let me assure you.

Number 3 is already in there.

Number 4 is already in there.

Number 5 is one of the biggest reasons we wanted to make this game. And this is what shows me you didn't watch our promo video because this was actually featured. You are 100% able to play from your PC/Phone/Tablet against someone else on their PC/Phone/Tablet. It doesn't matter where you're playing from or what your opponent is playing on. As long as it can run Infinity Wars, you can play against each other. (And we do intend to open up Infinity Wars to more platforms than PC, Mac, Android, iOS after full release).

Number 6, I'm not entirely sure why you thought you couldn't do this. This is a card game. You make your own decks from your collection. Thanks.

Number 7, already intended as promotional rewards or tournament rewards.

Number 8, this is a valid argument. With the amount of time it takes to make new cards both with the art and the animation, coupled with the timeframe we have to release Infinity Wars, there are things that are just not possible at this current time. What does this mean for future sets after full release? Well I'm sure you can guess that since there will be more time on the artists hands.

Number 9, already intended.

We will never rage against or ignore something from the community. You took the time to write out that list, so I need to take the time to respond to you in the most detail possible. We value our community quite a bit. Feel free to let me know if you have any questions, I'll be more than happy to discuss them with you. :)

~JJJ
Flame_Phoenix Feb 23, 2013 @ 2:17pm 
I didn't watch the promo video, as I stated before, this was based on Force's interview :P
As for point 6, in MTG 2013 you can NOT build your decks from scratch. That's why I pointed it out.

I am confused however, should I be posting some ideas / suggestions here, or post them in the other thread? (there seems to be 2)

Oh, and btw, thanks for the reply, it's really important to get feedback from you guys, it shows that you are listening.
Last edited by Flame_Phoenix; Feb 23, 2013 @ 2:18pm
Teremus  [developer] Feb 23, 2013 @ 3:21pm 
We always listen. Without you guys this game wouldn't be possible. Feel free to post suggestions here as this is the thread I will be monitoring regularly.

Seriously? You can't build a deck from scratch? I haven't played that game personally, that's a bit surprising to me. One of the extreme joys of a tcg is making your own creation....oh well. You can in Infinity Wars at least, haha. ~JJJ
Flame_Phoenix Feb 24, 2013 @ 5:53am 
Together with the previously suggested and not implemented ideas (1.1, 1.2, 1.6) I would also like to add two suggestions:

10 - Create an auction house. In MTG Tactics (per example) players have an auction house where they can sell their own cards in exchange of in-game currency. It works like amazon, per example.
All players are allowed to place their cards in the auction house and sell them for some coins.
This is also used in other games, and although no real money is required, there some implementations of this idea that allow players to sell their items to other players in exchange for real money (Diablo III is an example).
I was an adept of MTG Tactics when it first arrived to steam, I have seen it's best days, and when I left, it's dead days. The one thing I remember the most, was that the auction's house was the ONLY thing (big emphasis on "only") keeping Tactics alive. The game was buggy, the community had little to no feedback from SONY Ent. and people were overall frustrated. But they all liked collecting cards in auctions house, and a big community started forming around it, making special websites for the auctions house. I left when that community died long ago, keeping a huge effort for just little more than 1000 players (most of them not even active anymore) was simply not worth it. I did learn with the experience though.

11 - This will probably sound farfetch. But in MOBA games, people usually love artwork, and I have seen some artwork made by fans actually incorporated in the games. This raises a problem however: if anyone can suggest graphic design for a card, your artist will have competition. Community artowork however, is usually very appreciated by players. Some of the Biggest HoN threads are based on community artwork, and I think I would love to see it implemented here.
So, imo, I think it would be nice if you could allow fans to sell their "skins" in your shop as well (provided they pass some sort of graphic test to ensure quality).

12 - Also, having in mind this is a Card game and that Steam is now also on linux and that Android is actually Unix based as well why not develop a version for an Unix System Like the Debian family?

Well, this is another wall of text, I know I am probably being quite boring to you guys right now, But tbh I am quite excited and I am trying to help the best I can.
Last edited by Flame_Phoenix; Feb 24, 2013 @ 1:04pm
Teremus  [developer] Feb 24, 2013 @ 2:17pm 
Number 10 is already on the docket, something we will be working on following release of the game. (We're working on implementing the necessary features and functions first, then adding in the fun stuff)

11 is a pretty good idea. We already look for art and card suggestions to implement as sometimes a lot of our players have some pretty darn good insight.

12 is also another item we have on the docket following launch.

We're glad you're so excited :) ~JJJ
Flame_Phoenix Feb 27, 2013 @ 7:17am 
Suggestion 13: Dream Card.
- Although HoN is considered to have the worst community of all games (in great part because it is a highly stressing game where team mates can get you killed and people usually dont like that) S2 Games sure did a great effort in the community management area. One of their innitiates (which had a very good positive return) was the creation of HoN Dream hero:
http://dream.heroesofnewerth.com/

In this webpage people can create their suggestion for a hero and if you like it, you can "upvote" it. After a while S2 Games checks the top hero suggestions with more upvotes and implements one of them, giving credit to the creator and allowing him to participate in part of the hero creation process.

It is my opinion, that lightmare could create a "Dream card" website in order to involve the community into the game development even further.

Suggestion 14: Professional tournaments on twitch.tv (or something else) casted by people with game insight (other professional gamers and game devs).
- Another suggestion is to have a weekly game with the best players of the game (prize could be special in-game coins or avatar or something else like real money). People like to create their own decks and collect cards, but they do it with a purpose - they want to win and be the best they can be. Allowin people to see experienced players and their strategies will cativate young players to have a more active action within the community and will improve the overall desire to play (if people see decks or strategies they like, they will pursue an objective of building and playing with simillar strategies /decks).

Suggestion 15: Weekly podcasts between professional players and devs.
- If you have ever been involved in any big game, it is not a surprise to you that competitive players usually have a different vision from the game and it's mechanics than the devs have.
In HoN (yes, you probably realized I am a big fan of it) S2Games does a weekly podcast where casters, devs and pro players reunite themselves and they discuss how the competitive scene is going, new patches, and new ideas and overall suggestions for the game itself.
These podcasts are usually 30mins (or longer) and they often join together all the different views that these people have in commun and how they can do the game better.
If you are unable to make suggestion 14 due to lack of resources, I would highly recommend you to at least do this one.

Note: Suggestions 13, 14 and 15 must be have social and media publicity in order to make them work. If you decide to apply any of these suggestion you must make sure that people know about them, via facebook, twitter, sending emails to registered players and by creating a youtube channel where people can see the content after.

You people better be saving this suggestions in somewhere because I surely won't remember them later :P

Hope it helps.
Last edited by Flame_Phoenix; Feb 27, 2013 @ 7:18am
Teremus  [developer] Feb 28, 2013 @ 1:05pm 
It's wonderful that you continue to give these suggestions.

I'm just going to state that all three of these suggestions are already VERY MUCH SO intended to exist following launch. :) ~JJJ
Flame_Phoenix Mar 5, 2013 @ 5:58am 
Suggestion 16: In MOBA games you have heroes and weapons. Each hero is able to carry a defined number of weapons (or items). In Dota 2 and HoN that number is 6, provided some rare exceptions.
Usually, when a hero picks up a weapon or an item, nothing changes on the model, you just see the item on the inventory.

This concept is considered by many people counter-intuitive: if my unit has a new armor or weapon, why can I not see it in the model?
The obvious solution would be to make a hero model for each combination of items. This would of course be insane.

To fix this problem, S2 Games came with the idea of "super avatars". When you aquire an item in this avatars, the model changes. If you buy a new sword, the model gets a new sword model, if you get a new armor, the model's armor changes. These super avatars wont change for "every item" in the game. Instead S2 Games studied carefully the right builds and items that professional players use on this heroes, and made the "super avatars" change according only to a specific set of items that make sense to build in that hero.

I might be wrong, but I assume that sooner or later Infinity wars will have something like enchantments or instants or a way to boost a creature, or even equip it (like equipments in MTG). It would make sense (imo) to make a few "super skins" that change according to the buffs that they have. They would change according to a very specific set of buffs that make sense to equip on the creature, but the players would be able to see their favorite skins changing according to their favorite strategies.

Hope you like the suggestion.
Thaddeus Mar 5, 2013 @ 6:42am 
I'll start by saying that I've never played this type of game but have always been interested... and scared. Much of my fear is aleviated by the game being digital, but one thing still frightens me, in your new promo vid it says "new cards every week", this worries me because eventually won't there be so many cards that older ones become obsolete and also you'll constantly be seeing cards you have no clue as to what they are, making strategizing almost impossible.

As far as a feature I'd like to see, well you have the card animations but it would be cool to take it to another level and have the attacking cards actually come out of the card in an attack animation.
Teremus  [developer] Mar 5, 2013 @ 1:37pm 
Thaddeus, the releases will be stagnant and quite organized. You will see that the way we will be doing it is quite comfortable to the users.

Moreover that is our intention to make older cards obsolete. At some point in the game we will be moving towards the "Type 2" and "Open" play styles that MTG is so accustomed to. Meaning that we will actually stop selling the core sets of older factions and pushing them off the table (making collectors go crazy for them), and they will no longer be legal for ranked matches. Balance will always be a factor for us and I assure you that these regular releases will not affect the overall balance of the game.

Flame_Phoenix, that too is already intended. There are already cards in-game such as this and even more being planned. The graphics of the game will heavily evolve once we have a larger playerbase and the income to support all of the evolutions we wish to place in-game. ~JJJ
Flame_Phoenix Mar 5, 2013 @ 4:04pm 
Somehow I have this feeling that everythign I suggest is already being made/planned by you. Kinda makes me think I am wasting my time (and yours) by making suggestions that really don't contribute to the project. Sorry about that.
Montablac Mar 6, 2013 @ 4:00am 
waitwaitwait,if you move toward type2/open format,does this mean that all those agent coyles i find in the boosters will be worth something decent?
Teremus  [developer] Mar 6, 2013 @ 11:36pm 
Don't get the wrong intention at all Flame_Phoenix, we absolutely love that you make these great suggestions to us. We've been planning Infinity Wars for a long time, and as such we've come up with so many great ideas with so little dev time on our hands before we have to start looking at our resource limitations. Things will all come into place once the game is up and running in it's entirety. Maybe you would prefer to just ask us if we're already implementing something, and if we're not, offer your thoughts on it so we can see what is available to us?

Montablac, other than Agent Coyle Firestarter being one of the games most forefront HP Blasters and Agent Coyle Mechborn being the perfect candidate to make a 30/30 dragon by turn 9? Yeah, they will be worth quite a bit in due time ;) ~JJJ
X4N Mar 7, 2013 @ 1:43am 
I spent a good amount of time playing Kingdoms CCG this past week and I would say it takes a few hours to unlock enough gold for a pack of 3 common, 2 uncommon, and 1 rare from the core set. The 2 expansion sets longer, because they only give 25% for rare with gold. Gems are even harder to get in game, but you get more from them. Gems are what you can buy with real life money.

Now considering the game has around 450 cards in those 3 sets. You might be able to imagine how insanely long/amount of cash it would take to get a decent amount to be competetive. They charge crazy amount for singles too. Up to 16x the price of mention packs.

I used to play MTG and have dropped tons of money on it. However it seems some devs are milking the genre. I for one don't want to spend months/years? farming for cards or spend hundreds of dollars on a videogame. I love the new ideas you guys are bringing that isn't possible with real cards and you guys having a Draft Mode is fabulous. Draft touneys perhaps?

Could you put perhaps in hours how long you plan cards will take to unlock if not spending real money? How much all cards would cost with real money? If you want to play multiples do you have to acquire multiples? These are really important things for casual TCG players. As we don't want to spend all of our free time playing just 1 game.

Thx, game looks amazing so far.
Showing 1-15 of 27 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50