This game is now available on Steam!

Thanks for your help in getting this game selected for distribution via Steam. More information including a link to the Steam store page can be found below.

StarForge
Captain Price Nov 30, 2012 @ 12:07pm
When will this game be released on Steam?
I can't wait to get my hands on this, and I would like to know when I can. Anyone know a date it is going to be avaliable for purchase on Steam?
Showing 1-15 of 17 comments
< >
theDemolisher13 Nov 30, 2012 @ 12:28pm 
It's to early to tell when the game will be out my gess because it's so big maybe some time next year. But take in mine it is still to early to tell so I may be rong, and trust me I'd don't say that to put you down infact I can't wait to get my own copy of it as well.
ChromeWing Nov 30, 2012 @ 2:28pm 
Steam only accepts full games, and even though they were greenlit just a couple hours ago, the game looks far from being finished, since there's so much they want to add. I've heard they would be working on the game for a few years, so it might be even longer than a year from now. Anyone who supported them on indiegogo or bought the game right now, however, can still play the game in alpha or beta and I would expect them to find some way of giving a steam key for current members to use if they want to play it on steam. That's my guess based on what I know.
Captain Price Nov 30, 2012 @ 3:02pm 
Thanks guys for the feedback, its a real shame though, I will probably just buy it on the website.
TertiaryCitadel Nov 30, 2012 @ 4:40pm 
Considering it's still in Alpha I'd say you've gotta be looking at 8-10 months min before full release for a game this size.
Plzbanme Nov 30, 2012 @ 5:04pm 
The devs are saying over a year from now
Will  [developer] Dec 1, 2012 @ 1:20am 
Yep, it will be over a year from now as it is currently in alpha. In the meantime, you can purchase it from our main site and get alpha access here - http://www.forgeplanet.net/index.php
[W-G] Mrteddy Dec 1, 2012 @ 6:51am 
cool
ASCG5000 Dec 11, 2012 @ 3:02pm 
Some people say that it needs to be fully developed, but Terraria was not fully developed when it came out on steam. also if alot of people say they will buy it why not sell it and make money.
Riko Dec 22, 2012 @ 9:03am 
You can buy the game now, the devs just want to make the game complete before they release it to the steam community as a whole.
JDM_Janzen Jan 16, 2013 @ 6:11pm 
this impresses isadel.
DeathEqualsLife Jan 18, 2013 @ 5:13am 
they should do the up dates like minecraft
Snoblind Jan 18, 2013 @ 5:24pm 
Originally posted by theDemolisher13:
It's to early to tell when the game will be out my gess because it's so big maybe some time next year. But take in mine it is still to early to tell so I may be rong, and trust me I'd don't say that to put you down infact I can't wait to get my own copy of it as well.
if you really want to play it, just goto starforge.com and buy a copy! help support this game! :)
lqlas Jan 26, 2013 @ 7:16am 
one problem snowblind not everyone can buy with credit cards D: we need to waint until its released
h11 Jan 26, 2013 @ 1:13pm 
Originally posted by lqlas:
one problem snowblind not everyone can buy with credit cards D: we need to waint until its released
The only way to buy this game is with a credit or debit card.... There will be no physical discs.
Riko Feb 3, 2013 @ 7:50pm 
Originally posted by I'm a Traitor Guys:
Originally posted by lqlas:
The only way to buy this game is with a credit or debit card.... There will be no physical discs.
and even then, a lot of new players are complaining on the forums on how their cards are denied, time after time. It is hit or miss for payment :/
Showing 1-15 of 17 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50