This game has been Greenlit by the Community!

The community has shown their interest in this game. Valve has reached out to this developer to start moving things toward release on Steam.

Company of Heroes: Eastern Front
Psiborg Feb 3, 2013 @ 3:46pm
Eastern Front 2.0 and the new Ostheer Faction
Anyone known when Eastern Front 2.0 is due out with the new Ostheer faction? I was hoping it would come before Company of Heroes 2 launched but time is running out.
Showing 1-15 of 25 comments
< >
Walki  [developer] Feb 4, 2013 @ 7:56am 
We'll be able to push out our closed Beta this/next month. I guess CoH2 will get delayed as THQ bankrupted and Sega bought Relic. It will probably take some more time.
Millencolin Feb 4, 2013 @ 11:08am 
juhuuu
Psiborg Feb 4, 2013 @ 3:51pm 
Originally posted by CoH:EF-DevWalki:
We'll be able to push out our closed Beta this/next month. I guess CoH2 will get delayed as THQ bankrupted and Sega bought Relic. It will probably take some more time.

Glad to hear the closed beta is due to start soon. The new factions really add variety and I intend to be playing Eastern Front even after CoH2 is released. However, I do hope you're able to get 2.0 out soon so you don't have to fight for attention with CoH2.

Eastern Front is such a wonderfully polished mod! You guys have done a fantastic job! Good luck with the continued development.
Walki  [developer] Feb 6, 2013 @ 8:52am 
Originally posted by Psiborg:
Originally posted by CoH:EF-DevWalki:

Glad to hear the closed beta is due to start soon. The new factions really add variety and I intend to be playing Eastern Front even after CoH2 is released. However, I do hope you're able to get 2.0 out soon so you don't have to fight for attention with CoH2.

Eastern Front is such a wonderfully polished mod! You guys have done a fantastic job! Good luck with the continued development.

We are doing our best ;)! Thanks for your support.
Magical♥Cat_★ミ魔法貓 Feb 12, 2013 @ 5:58pm 
Nice
zuzundra Feb 24, 2013 @ 8:46pm 
Yep, it's really cool to hear about 2.0 from devs now ) I am w8ing, w8ing and w8ing this release toooo long time, like all fans of this mod......thx devs !)))
Blackbishop  [developer] Mar 1, 2013 @ 10:35am 
You won't be disappointed :). Ostheer engine is quite oiled, so it should run smoothly towards the beta :D!

Also, we will be releasing more news about the missing bits of Ostheer, like Command Trees and Veterancy.
Der Fuhrer Mar 1, 2013 @ 6:02pm 
So im guessing Ostheer will be a German faction to balance out the Faction choices? Just checking because i didnt know if this was just a map pack or added other things.
Blackbishop  [developer] Mar 2, 2013 @ 2:10pm 
@Homerchu
Correct. Ostheer is the third German faction, however, most people wanted instead a foreign faction to add more variety, but we have a special surprise that will leave everyone satisfied.

Of course, we need time to prepare this, but it will be likely ready when we release 2.0.0.0. Although for now, we should focus on the beta ;).
Last edited by Blackbishop; Mar 2, 2013 @ 2:10pm
Асимптота May 21, 2013 @ 10:35am 
нгшщз
Farandil Jun 26, 2013 @ 2:04am 
You are great. CoH2 no have chance for me :)
Blackbishop  [developer] Jun 26, 2013 @ 11:56am 
@Farandil
Thanks for your support :)!
Psiborg Jul 3, 2013 @ 6:01am 
As I just posted in the comments, I was worried that CoH2 would eclipse EF but now feel that it will likely be the other way around! Well done dev's!

I'm eager to try the Ostheer. I must admit that from what I've read so far, the faction doesn't seem to appeal to my play style as much as some of the others. However, after seeing how well the Soviets were designed, I have a LOT of faith in the devs and expect to be pleasantly surprised.

Good luck with the coding! Hope to see EF 2.0 soon :-)
Blackbishop  [developer] Jul 3, 2013 @ 6:49pm 
I hope you enjoy it :)!
divinewolfsage Oct 3, 2013 @ 4:34am 
Finns plz? x3 Sorry...I'm just obsessed with Finnish history, music, and culture...and it would make my millennium to get to play them. O.O Romanians would be cool, too, though.
Showing 1-15 of 25 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50