Ce logiciel est maintenant disponible sur Steam !

Merci d'avoir permis à ce logiciel d'être choisi pour une distribution via Steam. Vous trouverez plus d'info, y compris un lien vers la page du magasin Steam, ci-dessous.

articy:draft | Game Design Tool
Kitsune Zeta 26 oct 2012 à 10h29
On the topic of pricing...
Update Feb 21, 2013: From what I've been hearing (both here and on the Nevigo forums), the price of the Steam Edition is expected to be less than € 100 (about $130 USD). At one point, there was going to be an upgrade path for converting the Steam Edition to a full-fledged Standard Single-User Edition, costing only the difference, but fairly recent posts by Nevigo Staff do suggest they are looking into other ways to handle adding further functionality.

For those wondering, the Steam Edition (to the best of my knowledge) is essentially a non-commercial-license single-user version.

----ORIGINAL POST BELOW----

From my understanding, the price on steam will be lower than what's on the nevigo site, presumably because it's going to indie studios.

For the sake of making sure everyone's on the same page before getting into this (and for reference points), I'm going to go ahead and list the prices given for all of the versions on the site and their estimated USD amounts:

Single-User version:
  • Standard Single-user application: € 349,00 ($450 USD)
  • Student License: not given, although someone says its € 100,00 ($130 USD)

Multi-User version:
  • Multi-User Client: € 849,00 ($1100 USD)
  • Multi-User viewer (read-only): € 99,00 ($130 USD)
  • articy:server (the server needed for this): € 749,00 ($970 USD) for standard [10 users], others not listed
  • Educational / Indie license: not listed

Now, from the greenlight posting, the price is going to be "much reduced" from these advertised prices (either the € 349,00 or the € 849,00 price, it isn't made clear which one it is). I personally would like it to be close to $100 (in line with what I hear the student license version's price is).
Dernière modification de Kitsune Zeta; 23 fév 2013 à 17h44
Affichage des commentaires 1 à 15 sur 18
< >
Mr Payne 26 oct 2012 à 12h27 
For indy's, the server and a multi-site license's should be a standard package that is reasonably priced through steam. Indy devs who will use this through steam generally collaborate over long distances. I would say $100 for single users and $250 for multi site with server for indy users. And the Articy:draft reader should be free like Adobe's PDF readers. Perhaps $15 would be doable from this demographic? Perhaps there could be a stipulation that states, "If the game being developed using Articy:draft makes above $X amount then the full studio price will need to be paid within 60 days of reaching said profit margin."
Nevigo  [développeur] 27 oct 2012 à 1h07 
Our motivation to put articy:draft on Steam is to make it available to Indies and Hobbyists at a greatly reduced price - which we will set together with Valve. But rest assured that it is far below the commercial (or call it professional studio) price. Thanks @Mr Payne for the suggestion on the 60 day window - I like that. And thanks to all for voting and leaving your comments! That's greatly appreciated. Please keep all questions coming!
davidmford48 27 oct 2012 à 12h11 
Is there a demo so we can try it.
Nevigo  [développeur] 28 oct 2012 à 8h32 
Sure there is a trial version. Just visit our website at http://www.nevigo.com/products/articydraft/try-it.html. You can register for a 30 day fully functional trail version there.
Mr Payne 28 oct 2012 à 21h17 
Thanks for the reply, Nevigo. We appreciate your interest in setting affordable pricing for indy dev's. I am looking forward to it's release on steam.
RashyNuke 3 nov 2012 à 5h15 
I also see apilcation in my creative writing... Such cool software.
Nevigo  [développeur] 5 nov 2012 à 4h22 
@RasgyNuke: Yes, there are several authors using articy:draft, especially for keeping track of locations, characters, timelines and branching story ideas. For the writing itself however, a specialized writing tool like Word or Final Draft is still useful. We support Word Export to kick off the writing process as easy as possible after outlining everything in arctiy:draft.
Dynimix 9 nov 2012 à 6h44 
I am really praying this software gets Greenlighted. Our company really wants to use it for our upcoming ARPG!
Mr Payne 26 nov 2012 à 22h48 
I am also praying for it to be greenlighted.

Nevigo, are you guys planning to make a version for the ipad? I would give my left... ear for a version on the ipad :).
T3HFish 28 nov 2012 à 19h42 
I would love to see this greenlit and soon! I'm putting together my first game and though word documents are great, I like things organized in a particular way and from what I'm seeing with this software, it's everything I could possibly wish for in putting everything together and keep it all organized in a way that makes it easier to find needed information.

Would be great to see an Android (and iPad) app to go along with so you can do work on the go
Atomsk 30 nov 2012 à 19h02 
Always looking for a great new way to organize my indie dev team, but I'm hoping what is being said about 'greatly reduced price' is true, for a lot of indie dev's, that'd break the already way-behind credit cards. Hope to see it Greenlit though, looks good!
sgwee 6 déc 2012 à 9h02 
Can't thank you enough for your desire to support indie developers and aspiring students alike, you get my greenlight thumbs up, this could greatly help lay the foundation for my future.
Ghargoil 22 déc 2012 à 16h20 
As the original author wrote, I too would be greatly interested in a substantially reduced-price offering of both the single-user and multi-user clients. Maybe there could also be a server-bundle that throws in the server and two clients for a reduced price as well?
GoldenSnake 14 jan 2013 à 4h55 
looking really interesting
Jason_c_o 28 jan 2013 à 15h26 
Really? 100 bucks for READ-ONLY?! That's insane! No functionality and you still have to fork out 100 dollars. Unjustifiable.
Affichage des commentaires 1 à 15 sur 18
< >
Par page : 15 30 50