This game has been Greenlit by the Community!

The community has shown their interest in this game. Valve has reached out to this developer to start moving things toward release on Steam.

Memories of A Vagabond
XaxioBrandish Oct 26, 2012 @ 2:41pm
Method
What language are you using to create this game?

How long has it been in planning?

How many people are on the creation team?
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
< >
darkelite  [developer] Oct 27, 2012 @ 12:31pm 
We're using RUBY language, which is uncommon in games.

Ar first, the team was smaller and we had less ressources. We've been working on the game since 2008. We never gave up!

I currently have 6 developers (including me), but we do have some contributors that come and go for specific tasks (such as testers, language QA, illustrators and programmers). What we currently need the most is battle background sprite artists.

Thanks for asking!
XaxioBrandish Oct 29, 2012 @ 10:34am 
RPG Maker uses Ruby, and this looks a little like an RPG Maker game, which is why I asked about the language. Did you build your own Ruby engine, in that case?

6 devs? Nice.
darkelite  [developer] Nov 2, 2012 @ 9:08am 
*On the coding side:*
The game is built using RPG Maker XP engine. We had a hard time customizing the engine and making new scripts. At first, we were seeking scripters on different communities and we were asking their permissions to use their scripts.

To fullfill our needs, we then requested new scripts for our game, but it wasn't enough.
We finally managed to find someone with decent RUBY skills. This guy is now part of the team and is now making unique scripts for us.

*On the graphic side:*
Some of the titlesets are uniques, some comes from the engine and communities. The backgrouds used for combats are still taken from the engine and we're trying hard to find an illustrator whiling to work for cheap for for free. This may be why it gives that RPG Maker feeling. We're trying as much as possible to replace them. The level design is made by myself, and my girlfriend is contributing on interior designs.

*On the audio side:*
100% of our musics are composed by Halecks Drayke and Christian Pacaud. Problems solve on this side, it's all unique.

I put my own money in the making of the game. I have another fulltime job just for that purpose (it pays me 11.50$ per hour). This is a sad reality for most indy developers, we have no social life and limited free time as we need to work on evenings or weekends. Kraft diner exist! At the moment we are not receiving any financial help.

We're close to a full build. It should be out soon, I hope! =)
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50