This game has been Greenlit by the Community!

The community has shown their interest in this game. Valve has reached out to this developer to start moving things toward release on Steam.

Memories of A Vagabond
negatus May 4, 2013 @ 2:38pm
Demo
Thanks for the updated demo. If you end up revising it, I recommend that you don't have it suddenly end if the player walks too far. Just have a message pop up stating the area is outside the demo, and let the the player go back. In my case it just ended the game, yet I still had things to do in the demo area but hadn't saved for awhile. Not sure I will bother loading my last save and spend 15 minutes catching up...well maybe but not today.

I'm not sure if my opinion matters, but even with my limited time with JRPG's, I found this homage too derivative. Everything in the demo seems to ape story tropes from popular games in the genre. The goofy use of profanity might amuse a 13 year old, maybe, but it's no replacement for decent dialogue. The simple crafting system looks pretty good, and hopefully there will be some complexity (not seen in the demo) with the leveling and "death" systems.

I still found the 65 minutes fun, and hope that the full game builds on the simplistic beginning.
< >
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
darkelite  [developer] May 18, 2013 @ 10:27am 
Thank you for your feedback. You are right about the demo limitation, I should warn the user when he's about to cross the line. Or give a prompt to leave the demo or continue in the allowed zone.

I am currently implementing more complexity in the death/soul transfer system. This will be very usefull in the battle arena.

What I may do before releasing the game is to crate another demo, but instead of having the intro of the game available I will compile different parts of the game in 1 demo, without spoiling too much things.
Hiro Jul 21, 2013 @ 4:54pm 
This really reminds me of the first Final Fantasys. Keep it up!
Raggleyone Dec 14, 2013 @ 12:07pm 
tried the demo. it looks good, but I did notice one graphical bug? The switch used to actualy extend the bridge was perectly fine, but then an extra one appeared nearby. If I recall right it also vanished later. This was in the jail, just before the rock pushing puzzle.
Last edited by Raggleyone; Dec 14, 2013 @ 12:09pm
zephyr_goldwing Mar 8, 2014 @ 10:34am 
Originally posted by Raggleyone:
tried the demo. it looks good, but I did notice one graphical bug? The switch used to actualy extend the bridge was perectly fine, but then an extra one appeared nearby. If I recall right it also vanished later. This was in the jail, just before the rock pushing puzzle.

Hmm, I thought it was a hidden switch summoned by the switch you used, but I suppose that would be an unnecessary step, thinking about it.

On a slightly different note, I'm not sure if it's the demo or the full game that's up on WildTangent, but for me I had an issue where the camera would scroll to show the newly-accessible rock puzzle...and get stuck in the cutscene there.
< >
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
Per page: 15 30 50