Denne programvaren har fått grønt lys av Steam-samfunnet!

Samfunnet har vist sin interesse for denne programvaren. Valve har kontaktet utvikleren for å planlegge en lansering på Steam.

GroBoto - Modeling App
GroBotoad  [utvikler] 19. okt, 2012 @ 7:46am
Kudos - from Steam Members
Here are some comments from our earlier Greenlight Games posting (Before Software Category was added -- our mistake, we thought Steam was already excepting Software submissions).

BTW - If you faved/voted when we were are on Greenlight Games, we lost those when we moved to Software... please revote here -- Thanks.

Erinduck Oct 12, 2012 @ 9:59am
Okay, so after a few hours of experimentation with the demo?

It's fantastically easy to pick up and start learning, exports to 3D Studio Max and Mudbox with absolutely no hassle, eliminates the really awkward and annoying problems that tend to come with working from a rigid base mesh, and has boolean tools that aren't awful.

This is absolutely amazing, especially considering how the MOST it costs is $100. To compare this to the other piece of 3D software on Steam (3D-Coat), it costs $1 more than the entry version, but unlike the entry version you can use this for commercial products without having to spend an extra $250. This definitely gets an upvote from me.

---

KermodeBear Oct 11, 2012 @ 8:06pm
Creating models has always seemed like an impossible, daunting task to me. I've never bothered to even attempt it because of the incredible amount of knowledge required to use various software. However, this looks like something that even I could pick up and derp around in and come out with something interesting.

---

ImperfectLink Oct 12, 2012 @ 11:54am
I'm already a Groboto user but voted for Groboto on Steam anyway. I like the way Steam works (download/licensing) and think it will tie in well with 3d apps.

---

RobF Oct 13, 2012 @ 1:07am
I've been using Groboto for ooh, 4 years now? It's a fabulous thing indeed. Great to toy around with but with serious application too.

Good luck, folks.

---

BROOD BROTHER Oct 12, 2012 @ 9:22pm
I can see myself messing around in GroBoto for hours and coming up with something interesting in half the time it usually takes me to in Maya... and I went to college and got my degree using that program! LOL. upvoted and favorited!!! Very nice.

---

Drascoll99 Oct 13, 2012 @ 11:39am
This is the cooles thing I've seen in terms of 3D design sence Zbrush. Now we just need you and Pixologic to have a baby and the world will know peace.

---

Comrade Borkowski ☭ Oct 13, 2012 @ 3:58pm
This is the sort of modeling program Ive been waiting for!

---

MrSchism Oct 14, 2012 @ 1:51am
I have to say, I love this idea. A simple modeling designer is great. Definitely upvoting.

Although it looks a lot like Spore in the creation, I have to admit that the choices and everything you can design (With no limits) is in my opinion incredible. Upvoted

---

ShadowPuppet Oct 15, 2012 @ 9:29am
…lol seriously amazing, this is what I want a 3d program that allows me to DRAW.... very exciting all maya and 3d max they all work the same, blender too obtuse for me... this looks interesting

---

Karl Oct 14, 2012 @ 4:05pm
Excellent! If you don't get it on Steam, I would happily buy it elsewhere. This is a tool I never knew I wanted.

---

Lach Rae Dawn Oct 15, 2012 @ 3:34pm
This seems to be pretty awesome. I wonder though, are there any plans to have it compatible with 3D printing in the future sometime, as theoretically I see this program working with that stuff pretty well. Or at least the ability to export the data into a program that can? Because 3D printing is something that is starting to be made available on a consumer level.

Author Resopnse: Thanks Lach Rae Dawn -- GroBoto always produces airtight meshes (required for 3D Printing) -- you'll need a conversion utility to get an STL file from the OBJ for printing -- but there are many such utility apps available (Blender can do the conversion).

---

Admiral Petrus Zappa MahnaMahna Oct 17, 2012 @ 3:50am
This looks epic. Definitely should be on steam.