This software has been Greenlit by the Community!

The community has shown their interest in this software. Valve has reached out to this developer to start moving things toward release on Steam.

GroBoto - Modeling App
Rogdor Jan 18, 2013 @ 6:46am
Mouse + Key Bindings?
I really want to love GroBoto. I'm trying the demo right now and as a hard surface modeler the boolean stuff is really compelling--

Except the mouse control choices are frustrating. These can't be changed? For someone accustomed to a "Maya" scheme of Alt + Mouse for all navigation, the choices of key-bindings for GroBoto are tragic: I keep accidently Alt-dragging and unintentionally duplicating objects.

For a tool that's expected to fit within a workflow-- all of the other tools I use can be set to the controls I'm used to. Silo, 3D Coat, Blender, Modo, Maya... but this one tool is doing it in a way that's driving me nuts and I cannot find any way to change GroBoto's mouse and key-bindings.

On top of this, the zoom via Ctrl + Mousewheel does not seem to work. It appears to drop it into Quick Line rendering mode and gets stuck (using Windows 7 64bit).

Please, can you look into your basic navigation controls and allow more customizations, or at the very least default to the most-used standards?