This software is now available on Steam!

Thanks for your help in getting this software selected for distribution via Steam. More information including a link to the Steam store page can be found below.

You Need A Budget 4
Shylock Oct 18, 2012 @ 10:33am
We don't speak English... ONLY!
I do not know on what criteria that decision to exclude all of the other languages was taken.

Take the Europe rich in 20 languages and as many cultures must not be reduced to a Europe of just one language.

Could the translation services please get it right in the other languages. Portuguese...
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
< >
RodeoClown  [developer] Oct 18, 2012 @ 1:08pm 
Hi Shylock,
The reason we didn't list other languages other than English is that YNAB currently only exists in English (it's an existing product, we've been developing it for 7 years or so). We handle other currencies just fine, but all the text is in English.

We'd like to translate it, and we're looking into ways of doing it well, but we're a small team, and it could take a while.

If you've got any more questions, or need further clarification, please let me know.

Note: I'm one of the YNAB developers
Shylock Oct 18, 2012 @ 1:33pm 
Hi, Rodeo,

This is the best Personal Finance & Money Management Software. I'll wait for my version in Portuguese... Please, notify me when a new update is posted... Good luck!
RodeoClown  [developer] Oct 18, 2012 @ 2:11pm 
Hi Shylock,
You can try the software now and see if it meets your needs - I know we have Portuguese users now, and we handle that currency just fine, we just don't have the interface translated.
Zeus Jan 5, 2013 @ 3:10pm 
for the translation thing: Maybe just ask the community?
Siloxis Jan 9, 2013 @ 5:20am 
Originally posted by Zeus:
for the translation thing: Maybe just ask the community?
As Zeus wrote, maybe you can ask the community for help. I experienced that the Steam Community is a really helpful community in different things.
There are some great options to realize this for multiple languages. I haven't bought this programm until now, but i'm really intrested in this programm, so maybe i can help with the german part of translation. I have no idea how much work it is, but if you do a community based translation many will help I'm sure.

Greetings from germany
Siloxis
RodeoClown  [developer] Jan 14, 2013 @ 8:33pm 
Hi guys,
I've addressed this over here: http://steamcommunity.com/app/227320/discussions/0/846942156015476257/

Before we are at a stage to do translations, we first need to make some major changes to the program to accommodate them. It's something we'd like to do, but it's not on our roadmap at this stage (we're a small company, and there's other things we need to do that take priority).
RodeoClown  [developer] Jan 14, 2013 @ 8:35pm 
(Please post any further comments at the app discussion page - I won't be checking here frequently, and your comments may be missed).

Cheers!
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50