This game has been Greenlit by the Community!

The community has shown their interest in this game. Valve has reached out to this developer to start moving things toward release on Steam.

Distance
McShave07 Sep 20, 2013 @ 11:38pm
Distance Vs Nitronic Rush
I just recently played the Distance alpha, and thought it was great. The updated graphics looked good and the tracks proved to be more challenging than I expected. My only real gripe was with the twitchy controls. All in all I played it thinking "I can't wait till the full release".

After playing it for a good hour, I thought I'd fire up Nitronic Rush (because I hadn't played it in a while and wanted to compare the two games), and straight away it hit me. Nitronic is a far FAR better game than Distance. I know it's still alpha, but the original game just plays so much better.

The bright (Tron reminiscent) neon graphics have been replaced with a more bland realistic look. The music isn't as good. I've already mentioned the poor car movement, which when I think about it is what actually made Distance more challenging than the first game. Meh hopefully that will get fixed. I can't really explain it, the Nitronic tracks just felt exciting while the distance tracks and arenas are just dull, the fact that your car seems to move a lot slower doesn't help either.

I really hope the alpha is just that, a basic build of the game, because as much as I want this to succeed, I've got to admit I'm a bit ♥♥♥♥ed off after waiting a year (and knowing we've probably still got a hell of a long wait for the full game) for this only to find out that Nitronic is a better game anyway. Tell me I'm not the only one to have these sacrilegious thoughts? Any one else played the alpha and thought the same?
Showing 1-2 of 2 comments
< >
RaoulWB Nov 30, 2013 @ 1:18pm 
is in pre-alpha, haven't play distance, but i repeat that is in pre-alpha, then it have a long distance from the finish of the programming of this game... i think that Distance is better 'cause there is the multiplayer and have a better graphics and more other that i can't know because i don't play it... (sorry for bad english i'm italian)
Yu Narukami Dec 4, 2013 @ 3:29am 
Originally posted by RaoulWB:
is in pre-alpha, haven't play distance, but i repeat that is in pre-alpha, then it have a long distance from the finish of the programming of this game... i think that Distance is better 'cause there is the multiplayer and have a better graphics and more other that i can't know because i don't play it... (sorry for bad english i'm italian)
''Better graphics'' does not make a game. You should know that.
Besides, Nitronic Rush now has the LAN Multiplayer thing so that's also a thing now.
Showing 1-2 of 2 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50