This game has been Greenlit by the Community!

The community has shown their interest in this game. Valve has reached out to this developer to start moving things toward release on Steam.

Of Light & Shadow
Ableton Live  [developer] Oct 14, 2012 @ 6:23pm
Of Light & Shadow – FAQ
<°)))><

Q: Is it really free?

A: Yes! Of Light & Shadow[oflightandshadow.at] will stay absolutely free of charge, actually the game is released under CC BY-NC-ND 3.0[creativecommons.org]

Q: But it's great and really fun, I would like to donate something at least…

A: That's very kind, we truly appreciate that! You would do us a huge favour in spreading the word about Of Light & Shadow[oflightandshadow.at] in any way possible. If you insist on donating money, please drop over to The Humble Bundle[www.humblebundle.com], buy a bundle and give the money to charity.

Q: I'm a journalist / blogger and I want to write a review. Are there any additional information available?

A: Thanks, that's great! Please take a look at our presskit[presskit.oflightandshadow.at].

Q: What do other people say about Of Light & Shadow[oflightandshadow.at]?

A: You can find selected quotes and a list of written reviews here[martin-klappacher.com] as well as our collection of video reviews on YouTube.

Q: I want to see more!

A: You can find screenshots, pictures, concept art, scribbles and all kind of designs here (click me)!

Q: Are there any wallpapers or artwork that I can download?

A: Here you go: Download[download.oflightandshadow.at]

Q: I totally love the soundtrack, where can I listen to it?

A: Please drop over to SoundCloud.
Q: The animatics are brilliant, I want to watch them again!

A: Please drop over to Vimeo.
Q: What engine/technology did you use to create this game?

A: We used Unity[unity3d.com] with Fabric[www.tazman-audio.co.uk] for the audio part.

Q: Will there be a Linux build?

A: We can't promise it, but we will give it a try as soon as Unity 4 is finished and officially released.

Q: Who are you guys?

A: We are 12 Angry Devs[presskit.oflightandshadow.at], a team of students from Salzburg, Austria. Of Light & Shadow[oflightandshadow.at] is our graduation project achieved at the Salzburg University of Applied Sciences.
  • Michael Fuchs[michael-m-fuchs.at] (Game Design, Level Design, Rigging, Story)
  • Markus Huber[mareone.at] (Concept Art, Art Direction)
  • Florian Jindra[florian-jindra.com] (Game Director, Game Design, Score)
  • Martin Kenzel[m4studios.at] (Character Art, Cinematics)
  • Martin Klappacher[martin-klappacher.com] (Sound & Music, Technical Artist, Conceptual Design, etc. pp.)
  • Vinzenz Mayrhofer (Producing, Scrum Master)
  • Sophie Müller[sophie.multimediaart.at] (Producing)
  • Clemens Stangl[clemens.stangls.net] (Character Animation, Additional 3D Art, Game Design)
  • Patrick Topf[speckdrumm.org] (Character Artist, Environment Artist, Game Design, Texturing)
  • Stefan Wiesenegger[ifeelnosorrow.deviantart.com] (Concept Art, Texturing, Modeling, Environment Artist)
  • ---
  • Manuel Hoffmann (Code, Sound & Music integration, Facebook Page Manager)
  • Michael Kenzel (Shader Programming)
  • Vedad Siljak (Code Ninja)
  • Andreas Stallinger[astallinger.multimediatechnology.at] (Code Artist)
  • Michael Webersdorfer[mwebi.com] (Sir Codeur, Game Design)
Q: But that are actually 15 people…

A: You are right, we got additional support from some really talented folks! ;-)

Q: Where else can I find Of Light & Shadow[oflightandshadow.at] on the internet?

A: You can find Of Light & Shadow[oflightandshadow.at] here:
Q: Are there any Easter eggs?

A: Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consetetur sadipscing elitr, sed diam nonumy eirmod tempor invidunt ut labore et dolore magna aliquyam erat, sed diam voluptua. At vero eos et accusam et justo duo dolores et ea rebum. The Balloon Quest[balloonquest.at] Stet ♥♥♥♥a kasd gubergren, no sea takimata sanctus est Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consetetur sadipscing elitr, sed diam nonumy eirmod tempor invidunt ut labore…

Q: Any last words?

A:
Originally posted by Ryan Brown @Twitter:
And this is a ♥♥♥♥ing free game? They could've sold this and made money, this looks great.

– – – – –

Q: Linux…???

A: Sry guys, there won't be a Linux build of the game… :-|
Last edited by Ableton Live; Apr 18, 2013 @ 7:57am
Showing 1-12 of 12 comments
< >
[LINUX] Iperpido Oct 16, 2012 @ 5:30am 
Just a question... Since it's made using the Unity engine, are you planning to release also a Linux version?
speckdrumm_bb  [developer] Oct 16, 2012 @ 7:47am 
@Iperdido: We tried a beta version of Unity 4 (which supports Linux as well). Unfortunately, severe bugs appeared after upgrading, so using the new version would have halted development at that time (to fix the issues). But we'll try it again once a stable version is released! So Linux supported might happen, but we can't totally guarantee it.
Ableton Live  [developer] Oct 16, 2012 @ 9:04am 
About the Linux build – FAQ updated accordingly.
[LINUX] Iperpido Oct 17, 2012 @ 5:34am 
Ooook ^^
Ableton Live  [developer] Oct 17, 2012 @ 5:52am 
@Iperpido – I've had Of Light & Shadow already running under Ubuntu once, but it was just a quick test with a beta of Unity 4 without proper testing…
[LINUX] Iperpido Oct 17, 2012 @ 11:52pm 
Originally posted by VASOGA skull-ak47:
@Iperpido – I've had Of Light & Shadow already running under Ubuntu once, but it was just a quick test with a beta of Unity 4 without proper testing…
Well, if you will ever release a beta linux version, i'll be happy to try it out also on other distros, like ArchLinux, Fedora, OpenSuse...
Pumpenkarl  [developer] Oct 21, 2012 @ 3:22am 
@lperpido
That would be absolutely great, we'll definitely give you a call if that's ok! :)
zeroxxx Mar 9, 2013 @ 5:05pm 
The FAQ is all broken links. Can you fix it?
Ableton Live  [developer] Apr 18, 2013 @ 8:07am 
FAQ fixed & updated! Sry that it took so long…
Акселератор May 21, 2013 @ 10:43am 
OK
Messi Oct 2, 2013 @ 2:56pm 
axxa norm
InvisibleRaiden Oct 26, 2013 @ 5:03am 
Does it have a multi player aspect where you cooperate with each other to finish the levels?
Showing 1-12 of 12 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50