This game is now available on Steam!

Thanks for your help in getting this game selected for distribution via Steam. More information including a link to the Steam store page can be found below.

Frozen Hearth
bam Oct 26, 2013 @ 11:06pm
DRM: Gameshield?
I went to the store page for Frozen Hearth in GamersGate[www.gamersgate.com] to get more information about the game after I saw it on Groupees, but I was surprised to see that the listing there said:

DRM: Gameshield

Googling a bit more about the DRM only made me scrathes my head in confusion. There seems to be only a couple games that use this kind of DRM, and the behavior of the DRM could be customized and seems to differ from one game to another.

Could the devs clarify what would the game do to our machines in case Frozen Hearth got greenlighted and released on Steam? Would it install some intrusive hardware driver like what Tages/SolidShield did? Would it come with a limited machine activation? Or would you perhaps drop the DRM entirely when you manage to release it on Steam?
Showing 1-2 of 2 comments
< >
Yuuki Nov 5, 2013 @ 1:01am 
The DRM will be removed for the steam release.

In the non-steam versions, the DRM just required you to make an account in game, once you logged in, the game was activated for a week, and logging in again pushed it further back, so you could play without an internet connection for up to a week between signing in.
Last edited by Yuuki; Nov 5, 2013 @ 1:09am
bam Nov 7, 2013 @ 8:58am 
Thanks for the reply! The removal of the Gameshield DRM for the Steam version of the game is a great and reassuring news.
Showing 1-2 of 2 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50