This game is now available on Steam!

Thanks for your help in getting this game selected for distribution via Steam. More information including a link to the Steam store page can be found below.

Smugglers 5
games22 Nov 13, 2012 @ 10:29pm
how to start a pirate emipe?
i have the pirate skill and bought a few hideouts but how do you start a empire? and whit the fleet officer whit his skill how do you invade a system and buy cap ships?
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
< >
jester101  [developer] Nov 16, 2012 @ 1:26am 
You have to persuade a governor to commit treason in order to get a starting system for your pirate empire.

If you have a pirate empire you can command a system´s fleet to invade a neighboring system.

If you are a fleet officer you need to board and capture a battleship. If you got one, you can go to a system your faction is invading and attack the headquarter of the defending faction (space station). A battle starts that - if you win - makes your faction take over the system.
/K/ommando2237 Apr 2, 2013 @ 5:51pm 
Could you elaborate on the "persuade the governor" part? I'm at popularity 90% in Tortuga, the option to bribe is greyed out and the "blackmail" option from my pirate base in the system doesn't seem to be working anymore, the only thing talking to the governor does is give random chatter; how exactly do I get the governor to help me start my Pirate Empire?

Also, is it ever possible to purchase "Carrier" class ships? or are they coming in a later update?

Also; is there a specific place to report bugs? (email, forum thread, ect)
Last edited by /K/ommando2237; Apr 2, 2013 @ 5:52pm
vindicator Apr 26, 2013 @ 9:21pm 
Governor encounters then you speak with him are random - just leave and speak with him again and again until option is available to either join the other empire or form a new one.
jester101  [developer] May 1, 2013 @ 1:51am 
You have to increase the popularity by bribing or blackmailing. Depending on the popularity level there are random new conversation options (the top of which is to ask him to secede).

At best you email bugs to: contact@nielsbauergames.com
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50