This game is now available on Steam!

Thanks for your help in getting this game selected for distribution via Steam. More information including a link to the Steam store page can be found below.

Bridge Constructor
Headup Games  [developer] Oct 13, 2012 @ 9:10am
Your wishlist for a STEAM version
So IF we really make it, feel free to post ideas - what would be important to you to have added in a STEAM version (please stay reasonable though), e.g. achievements, more levels, free play mode with no budget restriction, map editor, historic bridges to rebuild,... No guarantees given that it can be done, it should be discussed and here is the perfect place.
Last edited by Headup Games; Oct 16, 2012 @ 12:15pm
Showing 1-15 of 26 comments
< >
Cdr.Keen Oct 15, 2012 @ 5:35pm 
a free copy for all who already bought it for ios, please =)
Headup Games  [developer] Oct 16, 2012 @ 1:51am 
If STEAM let's us do this and we can make it happen, sure. We just find a way on how to handle it.
Ɗяαĝø ωℏøøѵєs₪ Oct 19, 2012 @ 5:15am 
steam workshop integration linked to the ability to make your own maps/challenges
Last edited by Ɗяαĝø ωℏøøѵєs₪; Oct 19, 2012 @ 5:15am
Shawn Nov 28, 2012 @ 8:23am 
I think the two features I'd like to see are:
- Achievements.
- Famous real bridges recreated in-game.
Thanks!
Fazer [PL] Nov 28, 2012 @ 8:45am 
- Steam Cloud
- Level creator
- Steam Workshop
- Unlimited play mode
- Versions for Mac and Linux
Last edited by Fazer [PL]; Nov 28, 2012 @ 8:46am
ThreeSon Nov 28, 2012 @ 9:31am 
I would like to see a tutorial of some sort, for those of us who have no engineering skills or experience at all, to give us the basics of bridge building. I've been stuck on the very first bridge in the game for the last 20 min or so.
Motoki Nov 28, 2012 @ 1:03pm 
At minimum I think achievments would be good. Mix them up a bit too, like make some funny ones or some for failing etc. I don't think that should be too hard to do.

Workshop would be nice if possible because it will let the community make their own mods and scenarios.

Also very much +1 on a tutorial. Don't assume everyone knows how to play so easily. Of course if they do they can always skip the tutorial.

Ancient historical bridges, some more primitive bridges etc would be interesting too for variety but that can always come last as a dlc or sequel or whatever.
Last edited by Motoki; Nov 28, 2012 @ 1:05pm
Heitri Nov 28, 2012 @ 2:25pm 
Workshop of course !
Bundin Nov 28, 2012 @ 4:50pm 
Add a "bridgepedia" (for lack of a better word), with pictures, trivia, and history of famous bridges in the world. These pages can also be used to explain certain engineering concepts that are used in the game. Maybe the first few levels (and those later levels that add a new building material) could have a hint button that takes you to a relavant page as well, giving new players some ideas of what to do with those bits of wood, and why triangles are the way to go.

The current message about triangles is rather vague and easily missed. The only reason it made sense to me was recent work with trusses in building stages. A few years ago, I wasnt able to pass level 1 of Pontifex...
Last edited by Bundin; Nov 28, 2012 @ 5:08pm
Pancho Nov 28, 2012 @ 10:23pm 
An in-game options menu, and some in game basic help would be handy. Describing some of the basic ways to use the materials could get people started much quicker.
Ebola Nov 29, 2012 @ 9:15am 
Linux support! Achievements would be nice too
Last edited by Ebola; Nov 29, 2012 @ 9:16am
sanitarian1281 Nov 30, 2012 @ 4:16am 
I would add my voice to those saying that at least a help file if not an actual in-game tutorial would be great. Some of the truck challenges are very difficult for those of us without an engineering background and at least some hints and tips on the best ways to use the different materials would be useful.

I would also say achievements would be fairly straightforward. Obviously you can have achievements for each level and for completing the truck challenge of each level, but you could also include fun ones for things like "drowning truckers" or "two flips of a vehicle."
Darwin Dec 1, 2012 @ 10:19pm 
I agree with shawn. Real world locations with historic bridges to be recreated. Really fun game. Hope it gets on Steam!
ArcHaN Dec 4, 2012 @ 3:31am 
just Thanks !
Headup Games  [developer] Dec 4, 2012 @ 4:47am 
:-)
Showing 1-15 of 26 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50