Goat Simulator

Goat Simulator

Create, share and find content by the Community.
Do you want a flying goat? Do you want a completely new map? The Steam Workshop gives you the ability to create anything you want using the same tools the developers used!
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
Line 1 Oct 8, 2014 @ 1:42am
Workshop Feedback Wanted!
Hello goaters,

We are looking into the workshop implementation for Goat Simulator and as such I want to know if there are any areas you guys feel needs some love.
So if you feel you are missing a specific feature, or something is way too difficult / annoying to work with, let us know in this thread!

Obviously this isn't a promise that we will do everything you say here, but we will read it and take it into consideration.

bää
Last edited by Line; Oct 8, 2014 @ 1:43am
< >
Showing 1-15 of 45 comments
botman Oct 8, 2014 @ 6:16am 
I think it would be nice if there was a way to indicate which mods/maps supported which version of the game (1.0, 1.1, etc.). There are many items in the workshop that don't work with the 1.1 update and there will be many more that won't work with 1.2 (once it comes out).

I'm not sure if Coffee Stain can do anything about that on the workshop or if that would require Valve to make changes. You can sort by "Most Recent" but that only shows things that were updated recently and the user would have to know what date the 1.1 update came out and not download anything uploaded (or updated) before that date.
Line 1 Oct 8, 2014 @ 7:00am 
Originally posted by botman:
I think it would be nice if there was a way to indicate which mods/maps supported which version of the game (1.0, 1.1, etc.). There are many items in the workshop that don't work with the 1.1 update and there will be many more that won't work with 1.2 (once it comes out).

I'm not sure if Coffee Stain can do anything about that on the workshop or if that would require Valve to make changes. You can sort by "Most Recent" but that only shows things that were updated recently and the user would have to know what date the 1.1 update came out and not download anything uploaded (or updated) before that date.

This is something we are looking into. Handling these out of date mods more gracefully, instead of the game crashing, as in most cases all that is needed is that the mod maker, rebuilds his /her mod.
I'm not sure if we can have and indicator for it on the actual workshop tho, like you said, might be on valve's end, but will look into that as well :)
AFT3RSH0CK13 Oct 8, 2014 @ 10:43am 
swag
botman Oct 8, 2014 @ 2:31pm 
Originally posted by LineMASKINE:
This is something we are looking into. Handling these out of date mods more gracefully, instead of the game crashing, as in most cases all that is needed is that the mod maker, rebuilds his /her mod.
I'm not sure if we can have and indicator for it on the actual workshop tho, like you said, might be on valve's end, but will look into that as well :)

Maybe there could be something in the mod/map .ini file that indicates which version of the game is supported by the mod. The game/engine would skip over workshop items that didn't have the same version number as the game in the mod/maps .ini file (i.e. don't show things that won't load).
7zifu1 Nov 5, 2014 @ 11:03am 
some mods crash when you click respawn,and also,they cant be uninstalled.
Line 1 Nov 6, 2014 @ 1:58am 
Originally posted by stevenbenson94:

Specific crashes within the mods is not something we can resolve, thats on the modmaker. The issue with uninstalling them is something we are looking into, for now it can be done manually:

Make sure you Unsubscribe from all items and also remove them from MyDocuments\MyGames\GoatSim\GoatGame\Mods\Downloaded and also remove GoatMod.ini from MyDocuments\MyGames\GoatSim\GoatGame\Config.
7zifu1 Nov 6, 2014 @ 4:53am 

Specific crashes within the mods is not something we can resolve, thats on the modmaker. The issue with uninstalling them is something we are looking into, for now it can be done manually:

Make sure you Unsubscribe from all items and also remove them from MyDocuments\MyGames\GoatSim\GoatGame\Mods\Downloaded and also remove GoatMod.ini from MyDocuments\MyGames\GoatSim\GoatGame\Config.

Thanks for the info,good to know this game has very friendly and helpful developers!
botman Nov 20, 2014 @ 12:26pm 
LineMASKINE, does the 1.2 update fix the issue with loading old maps and mutators?

Does the "How to create content for the Workshop" guide need to be updated for any change?

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=232365177
Line 1 Nov 20, 2014 @ 12:30pm 
No I don't believe the guide needs updating. The new patch automatically excludes out of date mods. Modmakers will be required to recook and update their mods.
botman Nov 20, 2014 @ 3:57pm 
Okay, so the game is using the date of the cooked package(s) to determine if they are never than the release date for the game update. Is that right?
Line 1 Nov 21, 2014 @ 1:13am 
No it is using a version number we write manually.
botman Nov 21, 2014 @ 6:28am 
Yeah, I noticed that last night. The version.txt file gets created when you cook the mod and it contains the engine version at the time the mod was cooked (so the game knows if it's less than the current engine version or not).

Thanks.
Geneosis 75 Nov 28, 2014 @ 8:09am 
A part from the weird bug I found last day and detailed here, i would like to know if there is anything you can do about the dowloading issues many players had: Basically when they hit the Subscribe button on the workshop page, sometimes nothing happen (I mean the download never start), and people find the mod in their mod list with "DOWNLOADING 0%" that will stay at 0% forever... All I could suggest to them was to try to resubscribe to the mod later and hope it works ^^" So even if it looks like a problem related to Steam itself and not specific to your game, if you can do something about it or propose a better solution to manually fix it that would be great :)

EDIT: I don't have many complains about it since 1.2, so maybe you did change something about that already?
Last edited by Geneosis; Nov 28, 2014 @ 8:14am
IonAtlas Nov 30, 2014 @ 8:07am 
add old goat to the goats you can become and fix the old goat mission its broken
99Blockhead Dec 1, 2014 @ 7:15pm 
if you could make it like the ios where you can change/add/remove mutators during the game that would be awsome
< >
Showing 1-15 of 45 comments
Per page: 1530 50