The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Find the best mods for your game
Finding and installing your favorite mods is easier than ever before. Mod-makers also enjoy a streamlined process for uploading mods directly to Steam. Click here to learn how.
[KofC] zahu Mar 24, 2018 @ 6:39am
graphic mods
Basically I just bought Skyrim, cuz I couldnt use mods and stuff, and now I have a question. If I will install few immersive mods, meaning for example water and terrain txt pack+another mod which repairs terrain/water - will both of them work, or do I have to choose one of them?
< >
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
m0k Mar 24, 2018 @ 6:44am 
Depends on the mod. Texture mods just override textures, but with -for instance- weather mods it's one or the other. Just carefully read mod descriptions and see the requirements, any conflicts and/or compatiblity patches that can make them work together.
Also be sure to use https://nexusmods.com and not the Workshop.
Here is a good modding resource to get you started: http://steamcommunity.com/app/72850/discussions/0/594821545176386165/
Last edited by m0k; Mar 24, 2018 @ 6:44am
Ilja Mar 24, 2018 @ 6:48am 
Welcome to game and forums.

Order of plugins in your load order will determine which records will take effect in game. Records loaded after files above will win conflicts there.

Same thing applies to resources. If you have two files editing the water, then the latter in resource priority will take effect.

Resource priority comes in to play in two ways.
  1. BSA files contain archived resource files. These are loaded according respective plugins in your load order.

2. Loose files shared outside of BSAs will physically overwrite each other over conflicts (but not official files in archives) and they will win all conflicts against resources in BSA files.

See pinned topics from main Skyrim forum here in Steam for more information. I am managing a pinned thread called Player spreadhseet. It should answer to any questions you have. Feel free to ask more in there or here.

Edit: Oh, I didn't see Mr. Sheffield's reply, while I was typing. :)
Last edited by Ilja; Mar 24, 2018 @ 6:48am
[KofC] zahu Mar 24, 2018 @ 7:57am 
Thanks u guys a lot! :)
[KofC] zahu Mar 24, 2018 @ 8:02am 
I made a list of every single mod I want to use, and now I'm downloading(from nexusmods website-thank nr Sheffield ;D ) them to check if they aren't aggresive towards each other
< >
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: Mar 24, 2018 @ 6:39am